After the Tomcat?

carss

I'd been treating this thread as a 'what after the Intruder' thread since that A-6 AI reveal. Am I the only one doing this?

I'd pretty much imagine that when they've been announcing the A-6E AI, they already have something completely different in the oven. Remember they announced the Tomcat and then suddenly came around the corner with a Viggen that hasn't been announced earlier. And if they'd already work on it as a flyable plane as well, they could have announced it without "AI" right away. With all the tech they'll already have on their board when the Tomcat is out, either a Tornado or F-111 is very likely to be the module that comes before a fully simulated A-6E will arrive. But it's probably a pretty sure bet that we'll have that A-6E flyable in the future nevertheless.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

That's a really good point. The developmental knowledge and skill built up with what they've done on the Viggen and the Tomcat are probably being put into something secret as parts of the team finish up their work on the known modules.

The Aardvark and Tornado would be interesting. I haven't seen a ground radar mode on any of the modules I've purchased so far, so I can image that would be a bit of a hurdle. Either of those would be an instant purchase for me.

(But my heart still cries for a naval Phantom.)

You know, something I never considered, but what's naval and has a two person crew, and could use a good carrier model?

Blackburn Buccaneer.

It's a little bit to old for the heatblur plane set that span's 80' to mid/late 90's with the Viggen, the A-6E and the F-14A and B with Lantirn. I would hope, that HB is developing modules that fit and complement the existing modules and assets of this set timeframe (go Nighthawk :D)

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Would love a Draken!

The problem with a JA 37 is the datalink and some other systems that are still classified. (JAS 39)

The problem with the Draken is that it never got any good missiles....

I wonder how classified. The national ground to air datalink was retired when the JAS-39A/B was retired. Later Gripen versions use the Link 16.

The link between the Viggens is most likley not the same as in the Gripens either as it's from the early 80's.

The U95 ECM pod is probably classified but we know a few things about it which is probably enough for the limited ECM simulation in DCS.

The Radar of the Viggen is out of use and soon the Swedish air force weill be using nothing but AESA radars in their Gripen fleet so even the technology it's based on will be obsolete.

The AIM-120B is in game and the Skyflash is out of service.

The AIM-9L is well known as is the AIM-9P3 and the Oerlikon gun.

I think there's enough info that could be handed out for them to make a module. There's no need for them to know the intricacies of things like data-links either just what information it sent and how it was displayed would be enough.

In fact DCS there's basically a datalink to all aircraft and to the GCI map. If you see something on your radar it shows up on the map. That's a function the Viggen got in the 1980's.

But either a Draken module or a Ja-37 Viggen module would be great.

Howeveri would like to see two draken versions as well the Danish F-35 and the J35J or the finnish J35XS which was upgraded to J35J but also got an RWR and Chaff/Flare dispensers.

I wonder how classified. The national ground to air datalink was retired when the JAS-39A/B was retired. Later Gripen versions use the Link 16.

The link between the Viggens is most likley not the same as in the Gripens either as it's from the early 80's.

The U95 ECM pod is probably classified but we know a few things about it which is probably enough for the limited ECM simulation in DCS.

The Radar of the Viggen is out of use and soon the Swedish air force weill be using nothing but AESA radars in their Gripen fleet so even the technology it's based on will be obsolete.

The AIM-120B is in game and the Skyflash is out of service.

The AIM-9L is well known as is the AIM-9P3 and the Oerlikon gun.

I think there's enough info that could be handed out for them to make a module. There's no need for them to know the intricacies of things like data-links either just what information it sent and how it was displayed would be enough.

In fact DCS there's basically a datalink to all aircraft and to the GCI map. If you see something on your radar it shows up on the map. That's a function the Viggen got in the 1980's.

But either a Draken module or a Ja-37 Viggen module would be great.

Howeveri would like to see two draken versions as well the Danish F-35 and the J35J or the finnish J35XS which was upgraded to J35J but also got an RWR and Chaff/Flare dispensers.

Under this circumstances why not think big, think Gripen A-model

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I'd love for an early model Eurocanards to be made, whichever it maybe. Could be a Typhoon Tranche 1, Rafale F-1 or the Gripen A, any of them will do! Heck what if (just a what if) SAAB get's inspired by Boeing on the Hornet for DCS, and decides to give info on the Gripen C? Of course its no E model it should be enough to give the Hornet a run

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

so f111 please be f111

• 2 weeks later...
The flying death..:(

Yeah the „Witwenmacher“ (Widowmaker) or „Fliegender Sargnagel“ (Flying Coffin Nail) and so on....but nonetheless a nice looking plane with an awful cool engine sound on the ground. (The ghosts of the dead pilots whispering ????)

vCVW-17 / VF-74