Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

What are everyones feelings about Mi-8 default loadout? I have strong feelings about this heavy loadout. Currently you have Rocket Pods, UPK & Gunner 2x.

For me personally that is way too heavy and keeps me from doing my job (hauling troops) effectively. Further after capturing a FARP afaik before server restart you won't be able to rearm there.

Are other pilots relying on the rockets/AI gunners to clear FARPs 100%? To clarify: I am very much for a less armed default loadout, fuel 60% & UPK pods.

Ah! That explains it. Weird that it's in the same server-list -.- Thanks!

So the Caucasus Blue Flag isn't on OB?

//Jarl

It is on OB

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Congratulations on the Persian Gulf Blue Flag Event.

Glad to see the best server ever is getting the attention and appreciation it deserves.

Is there going to be a different thread for the event, where we can post questions/thoughts, or should we use this one? A different thread would be better, I think.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Is there going to be a different thread for the event, where we can post questions/thoughts, or should we use this one? A different thread would be better, I think.

S!

I think discord is the way to go 2018? There you can ask and there are/were many helpful people over the past weeks. (discord link in my signature)

I think discord is the way to go 2018? There you can ask and there are/were many helpful people over the past weeks. (discord link in my signature)

God, I hate discord...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

God, I hate discord...

You're not the only one... they STILL didn't manage to fix the drag&drop-window issue after more than 1-2 years now (I think that long ago. Where when you move mouse all the way up to the screen border and hold and move mouse, nothing happens. Works fine with all other Win programs)

But other than that, Discord is a very very useful application!

OP BF: A-10C vs R-73, R-60x2, Vikhr (AT-16 Scallion) and GSH 30-1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Однажды у Высоцкого западные журналисты спросили о его отношении к власти в СССР, он ответил: «У меня есть претензии к властям моей страны, но решать их я буду не с вами…»

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3660422#post3660422 - Thread here for PG

Case Blue will be coming back! It was my favourite :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Case Blue will be coming back! It was my favourite :)

That's great news! What about Blue Flag Nevada though?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Apologies for the noob question, but what navigation aids are available on the Caucasus map? I flew a fairly long sortie earlier and I was constantly switching to the F11 map, but the information on it is lacking, unless I just don't know how to use it.

The info coming if from EWR etc. is fantastic but I can't tie it up. Am I expected to memorise where every Airfield and FARP is? Is there a way to make these display on the F11 map so I'm not flying blind?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

For those who want to make the BlueFlag gadget force-refresh (freeze workaround) every 30 seconds (or custom value, your choice!)

Here the solution, also includes the "/#"-link when you switch to caucasus:

Download Firefox Greasemonkey addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

or Chrome Tampermonkey extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en

Then create new script and paste this code (only makes gadget website auto-refresh):

// ==UserScript==
// @name     refresh BlueFlag gadget
//
// @version  1
// @grant    none
//
// @include  [url]http://gadget.buddyspike.net/*[/url]
//
// ==/UserScript==

setTimeout(function(){ location.reload(); }, 30*1000);

enjoy! (change "30" to any custom value if you want)

Warning: if you're typing text into the discord widget, it will get deleted, the widget doesn't save your text (until you send it), I've requested it in the widget github already.

Edited by DanielNL

To GCI, there is somewhat of a "workaround" for floating airfield names bug (but includes possible disconnect every 20-30 min.):

1.join server, then click on the forward observer slot (or other GCI slot)

2. click "briefing"

3. click "fly" and then fast zoom out the map so far that you can "move" all airfields belonging to the opponent team into the top right (or any) corner of screen (make sure all airfields are on the screen!).

4. Now wait up to ~120 seconds (don't move map!) until you see all of those airfield names appear and freeze.

5. Then enjoy the situation for ~5-30 minutes (seems to be a super random amount of minutes), then it will freeze again, you can choose to live with it then (if they freeze in an "acceptable" position)

or disconnect and repeat steps 1-5 again...

Edited by DanielNL

Hello all!

Been enjoying this server for a little while now. My background is mostly WW2 era ACM so this thing of throwing darts at eachother is a little new to me, starting to get the hang of it. Am mostly flying the F/A-18C but am very proficient in operating the AJS37. Enjoying CV ops a lot, and am looking to learn more, of everything.

Bottom line, am looking to fly with a group of likeminded enthusiasts. Just got SRS working properly. If you see me on the server give me a shout and I'd be happy to wing up with other Hornets for closer coordination.

S!

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE revert to old gadget google maps design ASAP... the permanent spammy popup-message

"google maps cannot be loaded properly on this website" on the maps-area is very annoying.

Also please fix the discord widgetbot asap, it's supposed to work to let BlueFlag players read announcements etc. without actually having to join the BlueFlag Discord with their own account. (currently the two errors

"Failed to sign in - user not in database" and "unable to locate server, ensure the bot is invited" are appearing everytime you load the gadget website... are you guys already working on this? We gotta get this DCS server to be the #1 DCS server again by the end of this month...)

"The Gadget map has been switched to development mode on purpose - no bug to report there

Unfortunately, the quota/pricing changes for Google Maps recently going into effect have introduced quite some additional cost (the last 3 days alone have cumulated around 30€ of costs for Google Maps alone).

We're actively looking for alternatives and/or solutions for this in the next days, bare with us in the meantime."

Thats the reason. Can you stop "reeeing" now?

I'm not "reeeing", only babies (young internet kiddies) "reee". I'm just stating to Xcom and Morpheus that it's currently not the best maps thing (thanks for explaining the google maps thing!) and making them aware that their DISCORD WIDGET is broken currently. (it seems they're not even aware of that yet. Only god knows for how many days that widget is offline already.)