late (de-)activation

chrisrucksack

Is it possible to activate a group (late activation) deactivete the group and then activate the group again? Is it possible by mission editor triggers only or do I need mist/moose?

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

External scripts are requires to spawn a group more than once.

^^^ Certainly the best way, but it might be kind of possible depending on the scope of your ask. If you're wanting the exact same group to essentially respawn, then yes, you need a script. However, if you're just wanting

• the same type group
  • to activate from the same, original location
  • only one or a few times,

you can set this up with multiple, late activated groups in the mission editor and just use the built-in triggers to activate the next group when the group ahead of it dies.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Also, any triggers associated with the original group will not function with cloned groups. You'll need to go fully down the .lua rabbit hole.

As rassy says, depending on the scope and what you want to do with it multiple late activated groups may be the best option.

Simple dogfight training with a radio command to spawn a bandit? A respawn script is the easy answer.

3 or 4 patrols with voiceover triggers and location checks? Late activated groups are probably the path of least resistance unless you have a programming background.

I want to spawn (diffrent) SAM-sites. So I jump in the pit and activate my favortie threat. When I shot down, SAM deactivate, I will jump in the next pit and would like the have the same SAM-sites available as the beginning of the mission.

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

I want to spawn (diffrent) SAM-sites. So I jump in the pit and activate my favortie threat. When I shot down, SAM deactivate, I will jump in the next pit and would like the have the same SAM-sites available as the beginning of the mission.

Well, this is certainly possible in MOOSE.

Here's a working MOOSE script (with helpful comments) that triggers the spawn of an enemy SAM group (4 avengers, set to late activation in ME) EVERY time the client/player aircraft takes off... it also triggers the SAM group's removal/destruction EVERY time that client/player aircraft crashes.

Here's a MOOSE demonstration mission I've set up for you (don't need MOOSE to try it out, since it's already included and properly set up in the mission file)

Here's the MOOSE mission lua file, which contains the script shown in the first link (it's already included in the mission file, just providing it separately for convenience). It makes the magic happen.

This script can, of course, be modified to incorporate new SAM groups, which would be spawned and removed on certain events / conditions happening.

The spawning and removal of the SAM groups could also be triggered at will via F10 Menu commands, which would be more convenient than using takeoff and crash triggers, imho.

Edited by Hardcard