Stennis Aircraft Carrier

joojoo

Hey guys

Since I am a completely new here, I would like to ask something about the aircraft carrier John Stennis. As I noticed when I first installed DCS, there were already two aircraft carriers. Vinson and Stennis. I rerecntly got the F18/C and I did not noticed any difference between Stennis before and after. Am I wrong?

I also would like to ask are there any differences between Stennis And Vinson carriers?

Thanx a lot!

The Stennis is the same for everyone regardless if you have the F-18.

The Vinson is a much older 3d model so it doesn't look all that great compared to the Stennis.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

* It doesn't matter if you have f-18 or not, stennis and vinson are free ships. so it is normal that you don't see any difference before and after

* vinson is not complex in dcs world so you need stennis in order to proper naval operations

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thanx for your information I just asked because at the key features of the F18 says that the package included a new, highly-detailed USS John C. Stennis aircraft carrier etc. One more question. Is there any version with the carrier staff like shooters etc on the flying deck?

Thanx for your information I just asked because at the key features of the F18 says that the package included a new, highly-detailed USS John C. Stennis aircraft carrier etc. One more question. Is there any version with the carrier staff like shooters etc on the flying deck?

Not yet, but ED is planning on doing a "paid" carrier module with people running around the deck, the possibility to go below deck, and also apparently a ready room and stuff. Not much has been said officially as of yet, so treat what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

After blowing a few holes in the Stennis, you can see through them and see that the interior of the ship has already been modeled. Pretty cool.

lol. You don't have to blow holes in it. Just press F9 and move your mouse at certain angles and you'll be able to see inside.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

May I ask something more? Since I am completely new here, has the open beta version something extra? Is it necessary to install it?

I would stick with the regular version. While the beta has newer stuff, it also has all the bugs that go along with it. Once it's out of beta they push it to production usually every week.

I personally would never do beta since I just want to fly, not fly and half way through a six hour mission the game crashes because of a bug.

May I ask something more? Since I am completely new here, has the open beta version something extra? Is it necessary to install it?

The open beta offers the earliest access to new features . The downside is that it also has more bugs . Note that you can change from either to the other at will . If you have plenty of storage , you can also download both .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Not necessarily . If you are interested in MP , most servers run open beta .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 year later...

Anyone noticed the Stennis aircraft carrier does no longer rock or pitch on the water.

She kind of feel like not moving. I observed this after doing a carrier mission in the Su-33 while on the kuznetsov. I could feel movement in VR on the kuznetsov but no so on the Stennis.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Weren't there concerns about the sea state or lack of it? Even at a full 30 kts ahead, the boats seem to move smoothly. Unless you add wind. Which seems kind of off to me.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

What was the wind doing??
Yeah I think the wind may account for the noticeable pitching and rocking.

I could notice the waters was more boisterous in the kuznetsov scenerio and calm in that of the Stennis.

The cases I am comparing is for the :

Kuznetsov = DCS training mission for the Su-33

Stennis = Bankler Case 1 mission for the Hornet

I could get the rocking movement when I am in F2 view and zoom in like I am standing on the deck.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Just open the editor, place the carriers on the map. Then try different weather scenarios and you should have your answer in a few minutes ;)
Wilco. Thanks

I personally would never do beta since I just want to fly, not fly and half way through a six hour mission the game crashes because of a bug.

I´m running open beta since the Hornet started EA and my game rarely crashes. And if, mostly in the mission editor. Don´t wanna lie, but i´d say it didn´t crash more than 2 or 3 times during flight in 2019, wich is absolutely acceptable for open beta. This may be system related and there are of course more bugs in general, but for me the open beta is still a enjoyable game experience. The point about using open beta is, that ppl should be aware they agree with beeing a paying beta tester helping to develope the game in the first place, instead of beeing a targeted customer. Therefore ppl should be willing to report bugs and deliver trackfiles if needed in order to help the devs fixing these.

Besides MP servers, if you´re willing to do so and supply the devs with bug reports you should go for open beta. If not, go for stable.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...