AV-8B N/A Development Status

Focha

Hi all,

Is it possible to know what is already concluded and what is yet to come?

For example, is the FLIR and TGP image final? Is it suppose to look like that?

What is still left to do in the Harrier? A comprehensive list would be good to have.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

No official list as far as I know. Still a bit of work left on some systems. Some functionality like bombing mode/pipper is also not implemented correctly and will hopefully be corrected down the line.

It has been rather quiet around the Harrier (except AGM-65 bugs). Hopefully it will recieve some updates soon.

It would be good to have a list of what is still to be implemented.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Although I buy the modules that I desire, I strongly agree with you Dwarf_Hunter.

For example I still don't fly Harrier for a while because of that I lost it. First times I did fly with almost no systems but today I hesitate to start flying again because I don't want to feel disappointment.

Maybe I wrote all these for nothing because it's still in Early Access status which is annoying me lately.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

+1

After each buy I ask myself "When will I learn i".

I really want to support the various developers, but is seems to end up with the same scheme.

The M2000C has been in development since forever. Maybe not called "Early access" anymore, but in my eyes it definitly is and not much going on.

Now the AV-8B also seems to have slowed down and the content of the updates that are released are rather meager.

In my opinion the state of the modules should be much more refined before being released into early acces. Maximum a year to get them finished should be anticipated..

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

+1

After each buy I ask myself "When will I learn i".

I really want to support the various developers, but is seems to end up with the same scheme.

The M2000C has been in development since forever. Maybe not called "Early access" anymore, but in my eyes it definitly is and not much going on.

Now the AV-8B also seems to have slowed down and the content of the updates that are released are rather meager.

In my opinion the state of the modules should be much more refined before being released into early acces. Maximum a year to get them finished should be anticipated..

Aside from the Bap-100 which is useless because of ED's runway damage model, and the tfr what's missing from the mirage. Not being able to use the synthetic runway on non-waypoint runways is again a limitation of ED. Everything else on the mirage works as intended save for very minor non-game breaking bugs like the cp/pd display being backwards until you edit it.

We sim freaks should stop buying half finished products.................as soon as the money is in their pockets they jump over to the next model and tease us with new JPEGS and fake video's. Dont you see a pattern here guy's or am I just beeing very sarcastic?!

The problem isn't razbam trying to screw you over m8. And they haven't abandoned any product. The problem is that razbam has 2 coders and way more 3d modelers. The reason they can tease videos and show work on a bunch of different planes is because they are all 3d modeling stuff and have nothing to do with the coding. If the 3d modelers had to wait for the coders to finish an airplane before they move on to the next 3d models razbam would have been paying most of their employees to do nothing for over a year. That's stupid.

So when all the textures and models are done on the harrier they move on to the next project while the coders keep working on the harrier. When the coders are done with the harrier (eventually) they can immediately start coding an already modeled and textured aircraft.

They probably need to hire another coder though imo.

Coders with the required capabilities to make DCS quality aircraft can probably find a better paid job elsewhere. For me flight sim development seems to be a work of passion, not a quick money grap. The gazillions of overly ambitious projects announced by the various teams over the last few years look more like the pursuit of their personal dreams than any sound businesses plan.

Aside from the Bap-100 which is useless because of ED's runway damage model, and the tfr what's missing from the mirage. Not being able to use the synthetic runway on non-waypoint runways is again a limitation of ED. Everything else on the mirage works as intended save for very minor non-game breaking bugs like the cp/pd display being backwards until you edit it.

Have You looked into the “Missing feature /bug list “ thread in the Mirage forum ?

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.