Cockpit Update

QuiGon

It will actually happen! Later this year!

Later this year, we’ll also be updating the Ka-50 cockpit to use our very latest graphic technologies.
And a new Trailer:

(The cockpit shown in the trailer is still the old one though)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am having a problem with 2.5.2 world. All Led lights do not illuminate. Event the Datalink lights.

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

It's a known texture bug due to the new rendering engine of 2.5.

New textures for the cockpit are planned by the end of the year.

Until then you have to keep it as it is.

I think (but I'm not sure) someone has done a slightly modified texture to improve the situation in the meanwhile, please search on the forum or on DCS site download section.

Edited by nessuno0505

I fixed the issue. I have created a custom white button when it is on.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/romiko.me/DCS/KA-50/Cockpit_Ka-50/Ka-50+buttons_ENG.dds

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

• 4 months later...

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

From a reliably source: The cockpit will come with EN version.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Very disappointed if the cockpit is'nt updated this year, so I'll not buy any ED product until that' done sad.gif

Same here. I'm still waiting for them to fix the older modules.

Especially the A-10 and the Shark.

Same here. I'm still waiting for them to fix the older modules.

Especially the A-10 and the Shark.

We know from Chizh that the KA-50 will be updated in 2019, but is there any word, when they plan to do the upgrade on the Hog?

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Too bad, thought this year would come.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

It works.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 4 weeks later...

i am getting this bird from the steam sale today. i will leave it in the hangar untill it gets new cockpit and maybe a new exterior.

i hope i am making a good investment :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i am getting this bird from the steam sale today. i will leave it in the hangar untill it gets new cockpit and maybe a new exterior.

i hope i am making a good investment :D

If you like attack helos, it is the only one we have and it is very capable during day time. I would say it worth it. Just hope they will really improve the 3D model inside and outside and not only the textures as it looks very outdated already...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

in the trailer, it says that it is going to have new cockpit in 2018, but it looks it is very unlikely

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

in the trailer, it says that it is going to have new cockpit in 2018, but it looks it is very unlikely

They postponed it for 2019, was stated somewhere in the russian forums. So it can be 31 Dec 2019... But even as it is, it is still fun to fly and employ in missions.

medvedev 2 campaign that comes with it was very good but I don't know if it works fine in 2.5. Other than that SP content is on the bad sides but In MP and with combination with CA it can be veery nice!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]