Yet another warthog slew upgrade - Page 52 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #511
Sydy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFDarkEagle View Post
Holy hell... How did I not come across this earlier??

Well done! I'll definitely pick this up at some point soon.
Looking forward to trying it.
You’re gonna love it. I can vouch for that.

Good luck,

Sydy
Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #512
Phoenix FR

I had the same problem and here is how i solved it.

My warthog when i opened it.

You have to open the back plate.

Remove the black scotch. Then, you have to push on the cable from one side while you pull the cable from the orther side. But the risk is that you cut the cable.

And what i had after :

Keep in mind that you can cut or damage the cable.
Phoenix FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #513
hreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix FR View Post
I had the same problem and here is how i solved it.

My warthog when i opened it.

You have to open the back plate.

Remove the black scotch. Then, you have to push on the cable from one side while you pull the cable from the orther side. But the risk is that you cut the cable.

And what i had after :

Keep in mind that you can cut or damage the cable.
Thanks.. I solved it same way but beforw i saw your post

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Pilot from Croatia
hreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #514
Deltaalphalima1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreich View Post
After around 2 hours i managed to connect slew replacement, but i also found why i couldn move side with 3 switches down to 90 degrees.. Because this connector that goes to bottom of stick and which i accidentaly disconnected.
Now i have another problem i cannot connect it bak because wire is too short..I have to found how to open bottom of throttle so i can free some length of that wire so i can connect it back..

Deltaalphalima1 - maybe you could update your instructions to mention three things:
1. about wires that are short and prevent to freely open side of throttle with 3 switches (mine disconnected only when my throttle tipped over on my desk by accident) - i didnt even know that it prevents me from opening the side with 3 switches (thumbnail picture shows how far i could open that side - it was too small to reach the slew pot)
2. about how to remove the slew cap
3. about that you have to remove the plate from slew mounts - so you can mount the slew in throttle, and then place the plate back

If somebody knows can i remove the other side of cover where there are no switches and how? Maybe i can connect cable through backside?

Sorry to hear you have had some troubles - I will look into adding your suggestions to the install guide.

From your pictures it looks like there must be some differences in the manufacturing tolerances on some throttles with the bottom cable. In my unit for example there is plenty of slack to completely remove the side plate with it still connected, but clearly yours is not as long.

Would you mind sharing you throttle serial number or approximately when you bought it so I can see if there is a pattern?

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #515
Phoenix FR

Mine is from the launch of the warthog and my number is 01085.
Phoenix FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #516
hreich

Mine is also at the launch and serial 01465

Pilot from Croatia
hreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:08 AM   #517
Wrench

So I see you're using an analog stick, is that correct?
I've looked a bit at using an actual I2C device, specifically this one from Greyhill:
http://www.grayhill.com/assets/1/7/Hall_Effect_67B.pdf
Can anybody tell me if I'll need to do any hacking, or is I2C I2C?
Old 11-21-2018, 06:35 AM   #518
joca133

Order 1262 received. Just in time for thanksgiving.
joca133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #519
Deltaalphalima1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
So I see you're using an analog stick, is that correct?
I've looked a bit at using an actual I2C device, specifically this one from Greyhill:
http://www.grayhill.com/assets/1/7/Hall_Effect_67B.pdf
Can anybody tell me if I'll need to do any hacking, or is I2C I2C?

Yes I am using an analog stick, reading the analog value with a microcontroller and then converting that to the correct I2C protocol that the throttle speaks.

Unfortunately that Grayhill part won't work directly. I2C is just the overall protocol - the exact data and format of the message that’s sent is not the same as what the throttle requires. I'm sure it could be made to work with the appropriate microcontroller program, but that would not be a trivial job.

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #520
mad rabbit

I just received my slew upgrade and installed it with ease. I've got somewhat mixed feelings about it at the moment.

The slewing certainly feels more sensitive and tactile now. I think this is just a matter of getting used to the new feeling and adjusting curves as needed.

However the target selection press is now more wobbly given the increased distance i.e. longer neck of the stick. I've been messing with the deadzone settings to allow for this wobble whilst pressing the stick for selection, but I keep wondering if the stick was just shorter would it allow me the best of both worlds.

I'm going to persist with it a bit more, but given that this is stick is derived from the Playstation/XBOX controllers, I wonder if it's possible to get a shorter stick to try out for comparison.

Any suggestions?
mad rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote