Yet another warthog slew upgrade - Page 17 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-28-2018, 12:13 PM   #161
Deltaalphalima1

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Are there any plans to offer a force sensing solution that also includes the push button functionality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at the moment unfortunately.

There are no commercially available all in one solutions that have a force sensor and push button that I have ever found, let alone at an "affordable" price point.
As far as I know, the real A-10 doesn’t have an push button. The F-15 does but it uses a bizarre arrangement where the entire force sensor slides back into the throttle to press a switch, more info here http://www.f15sim.com/tech/throttle.html

Even if I could make something like that fit in the throttle, it would massively increase complexity and therefore cost.
I also don't really like the idea of having to push directly onto the sensor for a button. I can’t see how you operate it without moving the sensor in an undesired direction.

I personally much prefer having a separate button somewhere else on the throttle, but that does require some modifications and soldering which I know allot of people are not so comfortable with.

If anyone has any more information on how any of the real aircraft work that they can share, I would love to know.

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #162
Deadman
Veteran

The A-10 Slew has the same push button set up as picture in the F-15. even though it is not listed as being used at this time the T.O lists it for future use.

It is not complicated the entire switch move back just a bit press on a lever that triggers the push button.

Last edited by Deadman; 05-28-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #163
smallberries

Arrived. Installed. Joy.
smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:38 AM   #164
Thermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaalphalima1 View Post
Even if I could make something like that fit in the throttle, it would massively increase complexity and therefore cost.
Is there enough room inside a redesigned slew hat for a tact switch? (2 piece print to sandwich the switch in). Since the force sensor post does not move (much) you can run the wires back past the sensor post into the body. Maybe need to retract the sensor into the throttle body another mm or two?

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...Bt73XVLWoZs%3d
1.6mm total height.
Thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #165
norbot

I have the force sensing kit built in my throttle. I never missed the push-button it doesn't have. What would one use it for? I never used it on the A-10C.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #166
SilentWarrior

Deltaalphalima1 you should reopen the pre-orders, i'd like to get one even if I have to wait a few months for it
Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen!
SilentWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:56 PM   #167
Ranma13

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post
I never missed the push-button it doesn't have. What would one use it for?
I currently use it as my center TrackIR button. In the past, I've used it as the lock target button in the Ka-50 and the cancel lock button in the Su-27. It's useful as a single push button if you're not using the slew cursor.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #168
Deltaalphalima1

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post
I have the force sensing kit built in my throttle. I never missed the push-button it doesn't have. What would one use it for? I never used it on the A-10C.

I think this mostly came up because the Hornet does have one and it's used for target selection I believe. The A-10 has a TMS for all that stuff so it's not needed. Depending of which aircraft you fly I guess it's more important for some people than others.

I have found some nice switches which should fit well as a modification on the throttle, I will post something on that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarrior View Post
Deltaalphalima1 you should reopen the pre-orders, i'd like to get one even if I have to wait a few months for it

I will soon. I just want to get some units out first as a bit of a test before commiting to anything. This way I can get some feedback and others can make a more informed choice.

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:10 AM   #169
EightyEightMike (Mongo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaalphalima1 View Post
I will soon. I just want to get some units out first as a bit of a test before commiting to anything. This way I can get some feedback and others can make a more informed choice.
Sign me up. I'll be a part of the beta test crew, if that's going to be a thing. Also, I second the pre-order request too. I hate that nipple. It slips too easily and the Hornet doesn't have a TDC slew control that's mappable so I have to use the TMS hat on my stick right now, which kills the immersion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
EightyEightMike (Mongo) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:19 AM   #170
MustangSally

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightyEightMike (Mongo) View Post
Sign me up. I'll be a part of the beta test crew, if that's going to be a thing. Also, I second the pre-order request too. I hate that nipple. It slips too easily and the Hornet doesn't have a TDC slew control that's mappable so I have to use the TMS hat on my stick right now, which kills the immersion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There's no beta test group. Delta setup a pre-order site for 30 units. All have been sold. Pre-orders will open again once the first orders are finished.

Obutto Ozone
i7-7740x @ 4.9 (Delided), ASRock X299 Fatal1ty M/B
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Crucial M500 and M300 SSD's, 32gig GSkill Ripjaws DDR4
Gigabyte 1080Ti, Corsair 1115 Pro water cooler
Philips BDM3270QP2/75 32inch 2k monitor
HP L2105TM Touch screen
Virpil T-50 Mongoos Throttle
Virpil T50 CM, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV, TrackIr, DS FLT1

Please remember that there is no such word as "aircrafts"
MustangSally is offline   Reply With Quote