Difficult to connect JTAC`s

DeathAngel1

I have a lot of hard times, trying to contact JTAC`s for lasing my targets when I use AGM-65E. I have done everything OK, JTAC is deployed in perfect position for lasing.

But I just cant contact with JTAC with both two radios and there are no answer from it when Im calling.

Anyone else who has same issue?

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

just use CTLD, I find this the best solution and a lot less messing about when in theatre

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I also have problems with jtac in communications on a mission edited for a single player. The funny thing is that I edit it just like the Wags AGM-E test mission and it does not work, and interestingly the Wags edited misión "Caucasus FA-18C AGM-65E.miz" if communications work perfectly.

DeathAngel1 =Upload the mission.miz and someone can see if it is well edited.

Edited by purpi

You need to configure the JTAC frequencies in the mission editor for each JTAC. IT wont help just setting aircraft frequency. Open Wags mission in mission editor and see the JTAC settings in advanced waypoints.

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

I have tried to set up the JTAC in ME using exactly the same settings as I see in Wags' mission. But I have never found in Wags'mission where he set the code for the laser. In my mission I can talk with the JTAC but at some point the dialog is different.

In my mission JTAC says "Type 3 in effect" and he never provides a laser code.

He tells me "cleared to engage" and the next message I can selct is F1 = Attack complete".

In Wags' mission JTAC says "Type 2 in effect" and he gives me a laser code. And when all is said he says "continue" and then I can request "Laser On", uncage my missile, let it acquire target and launch the missile.

I do not see in ME where to select "Type 2" and since I cannot select type 2, I guess that's why I see no field for entering the laser code.

Another difficulty is finding a suitable place for the JTAC. My targets are MBT's, and if the JTAC is too close they kill him. But the JTAC also needs LOS (line of sight) and I had a hell of a time trying a place far enough but still having LOS. The ME's map view doesn't help for that at all.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have tried to set up the JTAC in ME using exactly the same settings as I see in Wags' mission. But I have never found in Wags'mission where he set the code for the laser. In my mission I can talk with the JTAC but at some point the dialog is different.

He tells me "cleared to engage" and the next message I can selct is F1 = Attack complete".

In Wags' mission JTAC says "Type 2 in effect" and he gives me a laser code. And when all is said he says "continue" and then I can request "Laser On", uncage my missile, let it acquire target and launch the missile.

I do not see in ME where to select "Type 2" and since I cannot select type 2, I guess that's why I see no field for entering the laser code.

Another difficulty is finding a suitable place for the JTAC. My targets are MBT's, and if the JTAC is too close they kill him. But the JTAC also needs LOS (line of sight) and I had a hell of a time trying a place far enough but still having LOS. The ME's map view doesn't help for that at all.

What is your JTAC unit? It needs to be equipped with a laser (e.g. a TOW-HMMWV or a Stryker).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The same thing happens to me, I copied the same data from the Wags mission, but not all the steps of the communications with the jtac work, only the first two communications work, and then the jtac will not respond.

this is the mission edited:

Caucaso_jtac.miz

Edited by purpi

What is your JTAC unit? It needs to be equipped with a laser (e.g. a TOW-HMMWV or a Stryker).

It's an APC M1043 HMMWV. Same as in Wags' mission.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

just use 1 infantry man, he can lase for you. ( in my example the inf man is to close to the target, maybe move him a bit away so his gun is out of range of the enemy tank ).

PS.. for me jtac work 100%

pps.. mission attached.. named test-lgb.

Dont get fooled by the name, i was editing bombs and testing LGB bombs but they would not track the laser...

But you can just select Maverics instead.. just load mission in editor and change the loadout.

Target is on the X shaped airport in front of you, and jtac might first reply you after 1-2 minutes since you start a bit off the coast.

no need to tune the radio, even if the text is "black" just select it and it auto tune.

test-lgb.miz

It's an APC M1043 HMMWV. Same as in Wags' mission.

That shouldn't work as far as I know. Try a TOW HMMWV or a Stryker instead. That should do the trick then: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3686759#post3686759

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That shouldn't work as far as I know. Try a TOW HMMWV or a Stryker instead. That should do the trick then: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3686759#post3686759

As I said, it's the same as in Wags' mission and it works there.

I tried the other two you suggested but neither allows me to select type 2 and laser code.

LeCuvier

Although I could not select type and laser code, I started the mission with the Stryker for JTAC. I have a group of 2 MBT's plus a group of 2 IFV's.

The JTAC cooperated in type 2 mode for the MBT's, but switched to type 3 for the IFV's. Type 3 doesn't provide laser support, so I could not complete the mission. Have to find out now what went wrong with the IFV's.

Some documentation from ED would be useful!

Regarding the selection of type and code, I have a feeling that this is WIP and ED have hard-coded this for now.

LeCuvier

Regarding the selection of type and code, I have a feeling that this is WIP and ED have hard-coded this for now.

For now? It's been like this for 10 years now. The JTAC as it is came with the A-10C.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The JTAC has a laser. Not depending on TOW or the vehicle, as long as it is armed.

The problem is Line of sight, as the Type 3 indicates (JTAC has no eyes on target and can only provide coordinates.

The fact it "works" with a Stryker is it has a viewpoint about a meter higher than a Humvee. or is placed a bit more elevated, or has targeting optics.

When looking at the map or even in Sim from 30-50 ft height with the external view, you easily miss the terrain elevation blocking line of sight.

Try putting the JTAC near to the enemy (make it invisible) and verify he can see the targets.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why not use the predator? No LOS problems...can be placed further away than a HUMVEE and can be set as invisible

Yes, with Predator situation is much better. No problem with connection and lasing targets. I`ve tried it already.

But If you use ground units for JTAC, 80-90% you cant connect with them. Maybe losing signal..or bug?

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Yes I found it difficult to place the JTAC in ME. ME tells you when you don't have LOS and in that case you cannot select laser designation, but you have to go through trial and error to find a suitable place. I verified this when I used the Humvee, so in theory it should have worked.

I'll read up on the subject in the A-10C flihjt manual.

LeCuvier

Yes, with Predator situation is much better. No problem with connection and lasing targets. I`ve tried it already.

But If you use ground units for JTAC, 80-90% you cant connect with them. Maybe losing signal..or bug?

Hi, would you do attach a .miz using Predator?

I can't make it work.

Thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

I have one in this thread for ya Colmillo

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3683435#post3683435

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Send me a copy of a mission you have that can't connect with a ground based JTAC, and I'll look at it