Next Modules.

ThorBrasil

:music_whistling:

Aircraft F-16C;

Helicopter Mi-24P;

Maps Strait of Dover and Syria. :pilotfly:

attachment.php?attachmentid=197261&stc=1&d=1541539110

1765764754_DesktopScreenshot2018_11.06-17_11_04_98.thumb.png.475fe06b1d530e67ed66c160aa75c867.png

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Where are that live-stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioSZuCn1ods

Wags has retired the video :(

Yes! :cry:

Have you guys noticed that Strait of Dover says 2.0? Perhaps this was the beta version of Normandy, just like Strait of Hormuz ended up being the Persian Gulf map.

The Hind and Viper were known for ages.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Have you guys noticed that Strait of Dover says 2.0? Perhaps this was the beta version of Normandy, just like Strait of Hormuz ended up being the Persian Gulf map.

The Hind and Viper were known for ages.

Normandy appears as your icon, and a Dover Map never was planned by the old WW2 team on the Kickstarter or Ugra team. The actual Normandy WW2 has only a "part" of low resolutions of Dover Straight and the English part has very low resolution (no cliff of Dover). That can be a new map by Ugra or ED.

That can "match" with the Normandy map.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Have you guys noticed that Strait of Dover says 2.0? Perhaps this was the beta version of Normandy, just like Strait of Hormuz ended up being the Persian Gulf map

Or it's just an experimental project which is not ready to be announced and might already be canceled and never will see the light of day. I would imagine ED is constantly running dozes of projects/prototypes which we've never heard about.

Don't go starting any silly rumours when there isn't even any context :huh:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Wags has been around long enough to not make these mistakes. The fact that it says 2.0 might say more then you think. Its not spreading silly rumours without context, its just observing and trying to make sense out of it.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Wags has been around long enough to not make these mistakes. The fact that it says 2.0 might say more then you think. Its not spreading silly rumours without context, its just observing and trying to make sense out of it.

Well, Wags either made a mistake, or he's sitting at his desk chortling at the furore it has caused :)

syria!!!!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I do wonder if that means they actually have a preliminary version of the F-16 in sim already.

Sure, the guy(s) that develop flight models need something to do... Outside of tweaks to the Hornet's FM they have to have something to work on.

You then have the modeling team and texture team. Hornet is done or very close to being done in those areas and outside of tweaks, those guys need something to do as well.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Sure, the guy(s) that develop flight models need something to do... Outside of tweaks to the Hornet's FM they have to have something to work on.

You then have the modeling team and texture team. Hornet is done or very close to being done in those areas and outside of tweaks, those guys need something to do as well.

Do DCS developers specialize by functionality and not by aircraft? My impression has been that each module has separate teams and resources are not easily moved between them.

Also what I've gathered models&textures would be largely done by the time code side development (flight models, systems etc) gets in gear. Though there must be some areas where there's lots of art <-> code integration.

If it's on Wags's desktop it could mean they "are working on it"... ie. we might be just a few years away from the release :P

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Do DCS developers specialize by functionality and not by aircraft? My impression has been that each module has separate teams and resources are not easily moved between them.

Also what I've gathered models&textures would be largely done by the time code side development (flight models, systems etc) gets in gear. Though there must be some areas where there's lots of art <-> code integration.

If it's on Wags's desktop it could mean they "are working on it"... ie. we might be just a few years away from the release :P

You will have guys that are dedicated to a module or that is their primary task. Either way once the work is done there has to be something for them to do or you fire them. The logical course is that they get tasks for future projects or additional features / bug fixes.

Typically models and textures are placeholders while the FM begins development. The actual finished products are worked on concurrently and later integrated. I'd imagine the 3D model would be one of the first things done with final textures and FM to follow.

Remember we started seeing the F-18C icon show up in Wags livestreams shortly before it was formally announced. Whether we are 6 months or 6 years away from release is a moot point. ED stated not to expect any info on the Viper until sometime in 2019.

At that point we'll get a better idea of when to expect our beloved bird.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT