Yet another warthog slew upgrade - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #141
MustangSally

Order placed. Thanks mate, this should make things a tad more enjoyable.

Obutto Ozone
i7-7740x @ 4.9 (Delided), ASRock X299 Fatal1ty M/B
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Crucial M500 and M300 SSD's, 32gig GSkill Ripjaws DDR4
Gigabyte 1080Ti, Corsair 1115 Pro water cooler
Philips BDM3270QP2/75 32inch 2k monitor
HP L2105TM Touch screen
Virpil T-50 Mongoos Throttle
Virpil T50 CM, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV, TrackIr, DS FLT1

Please remember that there is no such word as "aircrafts"
MustangSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:01 AM   #142
sdmccorm

Just wanted to add my two cents regarding the force sensor upgrade.

I'm always combing the forums here looking and waiting for diligent and clever folks to come up with better solutions to shortcomings in my flight sim hardware. Happens all the time with flight sim gear because they're simply never quite perfect. I'm always looking to make things just a little bit better.

When looking for Mods, I want things to be easy to install, look good, and just work. I have expendable cash, what I ain't got is time to waste on crap that doesn't work as advertised. That's why I wait to pull the trigger until I really like what I see and get some honest feedback from folks.

Delta's force sensor slew upgrade is fantastic. Yea, as stated, it's a tad on the pricey side but I'm firm believer you get what you pay for when it's done correctly. I'm also pretty sure the cost is wrapped up in the sensor itself, and when you use it, you understand why. As others have said, using a force sensor takes a few minutes to "get" but man, not sure I'll ever go back when it comes to a slewing device.

At the risk of sounding like a paid advertisement, I just wanted to say thanks to Delta for not only the quality he put into the work, but the time he spent designing, building, and shipping all this stuff. It's an effort - and it's appreciated. Hell, I even asked him a bunch of other electronic questions after the purchase, and he took time to answer them all for me, and in great detail.

I see lots of folks working on various upgrades and mods, stating they're going to do this, or provide that, but in the end, hope wanes and the thread dies a slow death and the mod never comes to fruition. You know what I'm talking about. It's great when a mod is finally completed, is available in quantity, and works as advertised.

Anyway, I don't post much but did want to provide some honest feedback for Delta. It's the least I could do.

Attached are some photos I took of my install with a few things I noticed and appreciated, and are examples of the kind of things I look for when sniffing out these kinds of hardware mods. They make a difference.

The force sensor slew works great and this new one he's working on looks great as well. I look forward to some reviews of this new slew switch.

Regards,
Mack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sheath.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	184893   Click image for larger version

Name:	flush.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	184894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mount.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	184895  

Click image for larger version

Name:	button.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	184896  
Old 05-21-2018, 02:46 AM   #143
BlacleyCole

Where is the link to order this upgrade

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:27 AM   #144
MustangSally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacleyCole View Post
Where is the link to order this upgrade
Go back one page and click on the link in the first post!

Obutto Ozone
i7-7740x @ 4.9 (Delided), ASRock X299 Fatal1ty M/B
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Crucial M500 and M300 SSD's, 32gig GSkill Ripjaws DDR4
Gigabyte 1080Ti, Corsair 1115 Pro water cooler
Philips BDM3270QP2/75 32inch 2k monitor
HP L2105TM Touch screen
Virpil T-50 Mongoos Throttle
Virpil T50 CM, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV, TrackIr, DS FLT1

Please remember that there is no such word as "aircrafts"
MustangSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:16 AM   #145
Deadman
Veteran

Deltaalphalima1 congratulations on your WHTM slew mod many said it could not be done or promised to do it for nothing and never delivered. The fact that you have produce two Modifications at different price points is great I wish you only success. I would deffinetly purchase a unit but my grip is a real one with the real switches so I just don't need it.

Now a bit of advice for the guys that have purchased it praise in public he needs to hear he is doing a good job and future customers need to know he is a trust worthy business. IF you have a problem contact him first let him solve the problem this is a very small niche market, sport it cheers
Old 05-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #146
gyrovague
3rd Party Developer

Order placed!
Old 05-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #147
Aries

Also ordered!

To slew, like it's meant to be slewed... this will definitely revive my Hawg capabilities...

...the few, the proud, the remaining...
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #148
Sparfell

Order placed too
Old 05-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #149
Deltaalphalima1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
Deltaalphalima1 congratulations on your WHTM slew mod many said it could not be done or promised to do it for nothing and never delivered. The fact that you have produce two Modifications at different price points is great I wish you only success. I would deffinetly purchase a unit but my grip is a real one with the real switches so I just don't need it.

Now a bit of advice for the guys that have purchased it praise in public he needs to hear he is doing a good job and future customers need to know he is a trust worthy business. IF you have a problem contact him first let him solve the problem this is a very small niche market, sport it cheers

Thanks Deadman for the support, it means allot

I really appreciate the second part you said, since it is a new product there will inevitably be a few issues to work out. If we can work together to solve them and improve for the future then that’s great for everyone.

At the time I’m writing this I have 3 more pre-orders I can sell, I’m limiting the first batch to 30 units to try and keep it manageable, the last thing I want to do is disappoint anyone.

I’m doing all of this in my free evenings and weekends so there is unfortunately a limit on what I can do. With that said I will do everything I can to get them out quickly. I'm still on track for most shipping in mid June, but if I need to delay slightly because I’m not 100% happy with the product and need to make changes then I will.

Thanks Everyone!

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #150
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Order placed....
Glad to have a cheaper option...unfortunately right now i could not afford the more expensive one but i am sure the price tag is right for its quality...
Looking forward to receive it and i hope will be easy to install as i am not really a diy guy...
Thanks
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti | SSD Nvme Intel | Ssd NVME 480GB Adata| Hotas Warthog + Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | UTC MkII Pro + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Lenovo Explorer VR Headset
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote