SU-33 Keybinding in VR

Haithabu84

Hello,

i want to try out for the first time the SU-33, but i have problems to configure my keybindings.

I tried these settings: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3066201/

But it doesnt work, i cant load the diff-files in the right categories. When i try it, nothing happens.

Then i tried to configure it manually, but i have no idea wich functions are necessary to bind these on my Warthog HOTAS. The Pics from the device setting cant help me, they have other labels.

Has anyone an loadout/setting for the SU-33?

thanks in advance.

Are you doing it in Target as per the instructions?

Install :

0. Unzip file content where you want on your PC.

1. Open Target.

2. Run the "Combined XXXXX.tmc" with "Run configuration" Button.

3. Open DCS.

4. Load the 3 .diff files provided in the correct category (see file name).

5. Enjoy !

Warning ! : Works only if you load the 3 DCS command profiles provided, in the proper categories (Keyboard/Thrustmaster Virtual Device/Thrustmaster Virtual Device Axis), and se t the TrackIR/Teamspeack keybinds as specified in the layout image provided.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you doing it in Target as per the instructions?

Yes. But the Names from thge files dont match with my categories.

My Categories:

Joystick - Hotas Warthog

Throttle - Hotas Warthog

The Name of the files:

LOAD IN DCS CATEGORY AXIS THRUSTMASTER VIRTUAL GAME CONTROLLER

LOAD IN DCS CATEGORY THRUSTMASTER VIRTUAL GAME CONTROLLER

Than i tried the Axis-file to load on Joystick and the other to load on Throttle. Doesnt work or i am just stupid?:cry:

Yes. But the Names from thge files dont match with my categories.

My Categories:

Joystick - Hotas Warthog

Throttle - Hotas Warthog

You have to run the profile in Target after loading it and then you'll get the TM Virtual Device instead of the separate Warthog Joystick & Throttle.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

or you can ditch the Target software and just use what DCS offers. In controls click on the column then load profile. IIRC there should be profile for Warthog HOTAS in the DCS folder \mods\aircraft\FC3\config\input\ or somwhere there.

That will get you started then check the list and bind if necessary (use search for exact names):

Control axis - pitch, roll, yaw (rudder)

Trim

Throttle + special mode afterburner

Gear

Flaps

Wheel brakes + Start wheel brakes

Inlet config (air intakes)

Nosewheel steering

Fire weapon

Cannon select

Weapon select

Weapon ripple

Target designator cursor moves

Radar/EOS elevation/azimuth

Radar range

Radar PRF

Target lock

Return to search

There are more needed of course but they can be left default - you just need to learn the bindings or set them for yourself: like nav/aa/ag modes, waypoint select, comm menu, radar/eos on/off, lights, canopy, eject, chute...

You can load some easy mission and try and bing anything you need on the fly. Su-27 training missions recommended if you own FC3.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

You have to run the profile in Target after loading it and then you'll get the TM Virtual Device instead of the separate Warthog Joystick & Throttle.

Hmm. I click in the column for, e.g. Joystick - Hotas Warthog, going than on "Load Profile", take the Axis diff-File and load it. But nothing happens. That brings no effect.

:mad:Thats a ****ing mystery for me.