There appears to be a defect in Clear Trim (ctrl + T)

Reticuli

Exactly, that's all it does. ""Resets"" cyclic to center position ( cold start position). That's all, no more no less..

Wrong.

It will also send your current attitude to the autopilot, just like releasing the trimmer does.

Go into flight director mode, bank to one side, reset trim and observe how the FD bars on the HUD change angle.

Setting AP attitude/heading and hover point is done by releasing the trimmer, not pressing it.

As far as I can tell the trim reset does the exact same as releasing the trimmer. Only difference being the cyclic being reset to its default position...obviously.

It makes sense from a programing standpoint. You can reuse the trimmer code and instead of reading joystick input you use the default values. Nobody would use the reset in flight anyways, so doing it like this is perfectly acceptable.

Speaking of which: why would you use it in flight unless you horribly screwed up and your chopper is going out of control already?

Best case: you'd be commanding the AP to keep the helicopter level while the Ka-50 tends to violently pull up with neutral cyclic setting. The autopilot can't handle that kind of discrepancy and you'd be forced to instantly trim anyways.

So, 99% of the time you won't need the reset function at all and if it screws up anything it would be fixed as soon as you'd use the trimmer again. Problem solved.

Wrong.

It will also send your current attitude to the autopilot, just like releasing the trimmer does.

Go into flight director mode, bank to one side, reset trim and observe how the FD bars on the HUD change angle.

I stand corrected. :) Quite strange, it (to me anyway) seems like an oversight in the coding assuming you would release pressure on the stick when resetting trim.