Can we get a small update the F-15E's progress?

MobiSev

Actually yes, it's the little brother of the F-18 module from which it got most of the code, and that was in development since those times. That's why they brag for a "fast" F-16 release although it's partially a lie because:

• F-18 is unfinished, still requires years to complete.
  • Uncompleted F-18 means uncompleted F-16.
  • Still no AG radar in sight, too bad for the F-15E supposed to rely on the same code framework.

As a side note, Razbam's F-15E will certainly not get as much code from ED as the F-16 currently does.

Yeah it makes sense to use and adapt existing code where you can. But Razbam seriously needs way more coding talent. Or maybe they can outsource their coding to deka.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Or maybe they can outsource their cosing to deka.
Now there is an idea. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Yeah it makes sense to use and adapt existing code where you can. But Razbam seriously needs way more coding talent. Or maybe they can outsource their coding to deka.

I'd much rather Deka and each third party focus on their own projects. If everyone starts sharing projects they all might as well be folded into Eagle Dynamics like Belsimtek was. I'll give them props for delivering such a "complete" module, but that may just be ED's evolving standard as to what counts as open beta. Lasting work is the goal for all the developers no one wants to go the way of VEAO!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I'd much rather Deka and each third party focus on their own projects. If everyone starts sharing projects they all might as well be folded into Eagle Dynamics like Belsimtek was. I'll give them props for delivering such a "complete" module, but that may just be ED's evolving standard as to what counts as open beta. Lasting work is the goal for all the developers no one wants to go the way of VEAO!

I mean I would too, but it seems that Razbam is seriously understaffed in the coding department. And progress on modules is glacial. They have a metric ton of talented artists though so you have like 2-5 modules "in progress" on that front, along with assets. But the limiting factor in how many modules they can get out is the lack of coders.

Deka for whatever reason seems to have opposite problem, their code team delivers fixes/features basically every patch cycle. But their model isn't quite as "pretty". Which doesn't really bother me, I'm way more of a function vs pretty guy.

And I'd say HB basically has the most balanced team.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not sure that I'd want DEKA to program the F-15E module.

The DEKA radar code has tracks literally disappear and reappear in order to move on screen. No extrapolation of any kind is provided. That's not how "Tracking" works. That's just RWS with vectors.

The DEKA radar code has tracks literally disappear and reappear in order to move on screen. No extrapolation of any kind is provided. That's not how "Tracking" works. That's just RWS with vectors.

They keep updating the radar fairly regularly based on input from the community, perhaps you want to chime in over there? And I'm fairly sure they are using/adapting whatever radar API that ED has which may be limited. They certainly are for the A/G modes.

As it stands, IMO the JF-17 is probably the most complete fighter in DCS, its still EA, and there are parts that are still WIP, but most of the core functionality is there.

Yeah I'd love to see them work on a jet that has a RL manual that we can check their work with. Because based on ED's CFD research on the SD-10 I suspect there's quite a bit more magical functionality on Jeff waiting to be "discovered":sorcerer:

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

FYI

The F15 cockpits are coming along nicely as well as the external model having all its rivets, line and screw worked on.

We now have :

Former groundcrew, Former pilots , active rear and active front seaters on board to make sure the Eagle is as accurate as can be.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

FYI

The F15 cockpits are coming along nicely as well as the external model having all its rivets, line and screw worked on.

We now have :

Former groundcrew, Former pilots , active rear and active front seaters on board to make sure the Eagle is as accurate as can be.

Awesome, can't wait to see more images and further info in future!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI

We now have :

Nice that's good to hear.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Yeah I'd love to see them work on a jet that has a RL manual that we can check their work with. Because based on ED's CFD research on the SD-10 I suspect there's quite a bit more magical functionality on Jeff waiting to be "discovered":sorcerer:

Their results were very similar to Deka's (and Nighthawk's). I don't think it's more accurate now. There is massively more transonic drag than there should be according to ED's CFDs.

The CFD work that ED did isn't really indicative of much, you are always gonna get different results with CFD than some other guys setup. A lot of it is how its configured etc. The GOOD thing about ED doing it is that its consistent with everything else since its done the same way. I really want ED to do it for the phoenix as well. As well as getting rid of "magic INS" on the phoenix.

And yeah, I'd love to see RL manuals from Deka, but we won't. As it stands there is a bunch of missing functionality in their anti ship missiles at a guess given how primitive the others are in game too.

Edited by Harlikwin

FYI

We now have :

Perfect, looking forward to your news update sometime in July :thumbup:

molon-labe-black-header.jpg