DCS: M-III by Razbam ?

Flyschool

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where roughly in the development and release continuum does the Mirage III fall?

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

Should answer to the ones who fear that the Mirage III may be a problem for you to focus on the M2K. ;)

Good luck on this one guys, a great plane for a great team ;)

Nicolas

Ps : If one day you would want to try his nuclear grand brother, don't hesitate ;)

Edited by dimitriov

Just to be crystal clear here, there are no plans to create a south atlantic map for the falklands/malvinas conflict. At least not in the foreseeable future.

Currently we do not have such abilities.

I think most people already realised that but we like to dream! :D

13323551_1027960510623920_1477294228107684786_o.jpg
That doesn't look like a C model Mirage III your trying to model.It looks more like the E variant with the circler afterburning nozzle.The C variant had a partially hidden jet pipe in the back.But good news that your bringing a Mirage III to DCS and a Super Etendard.Any chance you could do the Etendard IV too.

That doesn't look like a C model Mirage III your trying to model.It looks more like the E variant with the circler afterburning nozzle.The C variant had a partially hidden jet pipe in the back.But good news that your bringing a Mirage III to DCS and a Super Etendard.Any chance you could do the Etendard IV too.

Trust me..it´s going to be a CJ

As for a Super Etendard..not in the short term

Trust me..it´s going to be a CJ

As for a Super Etendard..not in the short term

Thank you for that Prowler! :notworthy:

The E version maybe the more capable airplane with its longer front fuselage with bigger fuel tank, RWR (the CJ has none), better radar and avionics, but the Mirage IIICJ Shahak is simply epic with what it did for the IAF.

The Mirage IICJ Shahak is the legendary airplane for the people of Israel, the one airplane that typifies the success of the IAF in the June 1967 war, much like the Spitfire is the epic airplane of the Battle of Britain for the British.

I can tell you that the whole Israeli community is like :cheer3nc: :beer:

As for the typical adversaries of the Mirage IIICJ it is actually the MiG-17 and MiG-15 bis, and only the very first model of the MiG-21: the MiG-21F-13 Fishbed C is its adversary. The MiG-21 bis we have from Leatherneck is a 1980s fighter, a good 10 years after the last Shahak was retired from service.

Salute!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Is the C.

If it was the E the cabin will start at air intake due the extra electronics installed behind the seat.

Thank you for that Prowler! :notworthy:

The E version maybe the more capable airplane with its longer front fuselage with bigger fuel tank, RWR (the CJ has none), better radar and avionics, but the Mirage IIICJ Shahak is simply epic with what it did for the IAF.

The Mirage IICJ Shahak is the legendary airplane for the people of Israel, the one airplane that typifies the success of the IAF in the June 1967 war, much like the Spitfire is the epic airplane of the Battle of Britain for the British.

I can tell you that the whole Israeli community is like :cheer3nc: :beer:

As for the typical adversaries of the Mirage IIICJ it is actually the MiG-17 and MiG-15 bis, and only the very first model of the MiG-21: the MiG-21F-13 Fishbed C is its adversary. The MiG-21 bis we have from Leatherneck is a 1980s fighter, a good 10 years after the last Shahak was retired from service.

Salute!

FYI not all the E has RWR

CJ dropped the ability of using the attached take-off rocket, hence the different rear section.

Either way the Mirage Line is starting to be pretty filled out.

With the Mirage 2000 and now the Mirage III as well as the Mirage F1 from Aviodev.

The line is getting pretty completed.

Only Mirages missing after that would be the Mirage V based of the Mirage III and the Mirage IV Strategic Bomber.

Actually after checking I found that at some point there was an upgrade to the Israeli Mirage IIICJ engines from Atar 09B to Atar 09C.

Mirage IIICJ with Atar 09B engine

idf-af_mirage_iiicj_52.png

Mirage IIICJ with Atar 09C engine

idf-af_mirage_iiicj_158.jpg

Trying to find more info about this...

S!

IAF.ViFF

Actually after checking I found that at some point there was an upgrade to the Israeli Mirage IIICJ engines from Atar 09B to Atar 09C.

Mirage IIICJ with Atar 09B engine

idf-af_mirage_iiicj_52.png

Mirage IIICJ with Atar 09C engine

idf-af_mirage_iiicj_158.jpg

Trying to find more info about this...

S!

I didn't know they had used different engines for the C variant.But will you include the Atar B engine or is it just going to be the Atar C only for the Mirage III.

From what I have found out so far it is essentially the same engine, same thrust, only the afterburner tail cone system was changed from a 2 piece to the typical 18 rose petal flap, and an improved starter subsystem.

IAF.ViFF