DCS: Black Shark - Dev Updates - 09 July 2008

Wags

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

DCS: Black Shark Update: 09 July 2008

After a longer than expected delay due to some new build problems (accurate track file reproduction), I have a new DCS update for you. As last time, most of the DCS: Black Shark effort is focused on identifying and fixed the many bugs that are still in the code. Given the increased complexity of the Ka-50 over previous aircraft we have modeled, the likelihood of bugs creeping in grows dramatically. Additionally, the new Mission Editor, new campaign system, re-vamped multiplayer, and new GUI interface has certainly brought a new set of testing and debugging challenges. We realize that a few of you are a bit grumpy about the delays, but please understand that we wish to release a quality product and not put it out the door with known, significant bugs.

In addition to testing and debugging, a lot work continues on missions. These are sub-divided into the single missions, campaign missions and training missions. While there is still a lot of work to do on this front, some of the missions are already in test and this is proving a valuable tool in identifying bugs in other areas of the code.

Here are a few items that have worked there way into the code base since my last update:

- Track file reproducibility problems have been resolved

- Multi-monitor support has been added. Now you can set, i.e. standard view + Shkval view on 2 monitors

- New TrackIR support is added

- NATO mission editor icons have been added, in addition to new Russian style military icons

- English caution/warning lamps have been added to the Ka-50 cockpit

- Mission editor keyboard commands have been added (Del, etc.)

- Icing and de-icing of blades and pitot tube has been added

- Turbulence has been added

- Engines icing has been added

- Dust influence on engines has been added

- Engines deterioration and failures by exceeding normal operational conditions has been added

- Hydro system and brakes have been adjusted

- Autopilot sensors are adjusted to be more realistic real

- Control system channel failures have been added

- Triple-head support has been added

- Trigger coalition rule has been added t Mission Editor

- Weather presets have been added

- New GUI music has been added

- Installer has been added

- Cloud density has been adjusted

- Start and end mission string is added to debriefings

- New system of preloading resources has been implemented. This may result in objects not appearing right after changing views to a not previously displayed object. This may also give more FPS on not top-line PCs when terrain preloading is set to 80km, but this will probably not cause any FPS changes with terrain preloading set to 20km.

- Flatter effect for blades is added (human FM)

- Ceilings are tuned (human FM)

- This of course is in addition to a long list of resolved bugs.

In addition to the 550+ page Ka-50 flight manual mentioned earlier, we have also now completed the 160+ page DCS manual that covers all the GUI elements to include such pages as the Mission Editor, Campaign Editor, Multiplayer screen, etc.

So, in a nut shell, that is where we are with DCS: Black Shark and we are still shooting for a release sometime later in 2008.

As for after DCS: Black Shark, work continues on other aircraft modules. Although these are certainly works in progress and hardly complete, I have attached a few development cockpit images of the F-16C and Mi-24. To reiterate what was mentioned before, we have a list of aircraft modules that are currently in development and one stage or another; however, that does not mean that we will not consider other aircraft if we have the proper data and feel the aircraft fits well within our entertainment and military simulation lines.

Thanks,

Matt

F-16-1.thumb.jpg.c60c25aebd90044ffed087a9d3a5f1b5.jpg

F-16-2.thumb.jpg.8ecf283d2d4ee8f13cbf67df1af4c671.jpg

ACES-1.thumb.jpg.75bc31e3391b0233dc94402983e24fa5.jpg

Mi-24-1.thumb.jpg.6571d8dd6a5a92522251c7e2338401bd.jpg

Mi-24-2.thumb.jpg.5372575b8190cf55418ce3e7bdf561d9.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Wags. Like always simply AMAZING ¡¡¡¡

Fingers crossed for " Late 2008 "...

News about clouds density, weather presets means that the sky would look a little bit different?

And very important IMHO, turbulence would show in Single player and ALSO in Multiplayer?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

DCS: Black Shark Update: 09 July 2008

We realize that a few of you are a bit grumpy about the delays, but please understand that we wish to release a quality product and not put it out the door with known, significant bugs.

As for the release of Black Shark IMHO this is what matters the most. :thumbup:

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

PC Pilot Video

Just saw the new video on the DVD that came with the latest issue of PC Pilot...

W O W...

Black Shark is shaping up to be my future for the next 5 years...

All i ever dreamed of... being a helicopter fighter pilot...

and being able to create my own missions...

Will you be adding english textures for the controls so i can fly this bird too?

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

hi, i just jonied the forum. thanx for the update, i'm really looking forward to fly this beautiful beast! normally i fly fsx and "over there" many developers provide us only rarely with news or updates so i really appreciate your business here! keep up the awesome work! :thumbup:

chrjs

i79900k @ 4,7 - Geforce RTX2080TI 11GB - 32Gbram - Win10 - TRackIr4 - Thrustmaster Warthog/Saitek Rudder

Just saw the new video on the DVD that came with the latest issue of PC Pilot...

W O W...

Black Shark is shaping up to be my future for the next 5 years...

All i ever dreamed of... being a helicopter fighter pilot...

Will you be adding english textures for the controls so i can fly this bird too?

Who made that Video?! Glowing Amraam?!

What's the name of the video?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All i ever dreamed of... being a helicopter target pilot...

I fixed the error for you. ;) The only fighters are the ones who don't carry a pound for air to ground! ;)

I'm pretty certain there will be at least mods for you to use. Currently there are tool tips in english for each switch, so you can see labels in english when you mouse over them. Also, the caution lights/indicators are now available in english, as Wags mentioned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In addition to the 550+ page Ka-50 flight manual mentioned earlier, we have also now completed the 160+ page DCS manual that covers all the GUI elements to include such pages as the Mission Editor, Campaign Editor, Multiplayer screen, etc.

Now to read and learn all that I'll have to quit my job! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The video is the 'Second Part SimHQ DCS Black Shark Preview Series' and I think the same video can be found here.

The video is presented by BeachAV8R and is 12 minutes long.

PS it's the small things that really get me in this sim. the cockpit feedback instrument noises when you use switches (fantastic), the complexity of the internal computer systems (the ABRIS flight computer really blew my socks off)... it's unreal... this is like a real helicopter... i really hope it's not too hard to fly for non-pilots :)

You know that feeling like when you just can't wait for something...

Like being seven years old and it's the day before christmas...

I've got that about Black Shark and i can't wait to give it a whirl...

PS I don't want to sound lazy but will there be an auto-start option for those moments when you come back from work and just need to shoot something?

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

So cool to have the multi-monitor/triplehead support as native :) And the GUI music change is perfect. Anything but the original LOMAC noise :P

Also, may we please have the manual for a work and bedtime reading, it's summer after all so give us some love :D

*grouphug*

Thanks for the update! Looks like it's getting close! **fingers crossed**

Can we have more Russian-style music like from Flanker 2.0 for the GUI? :)

- Multi-monitor support has been added. Now you can set, i.e. standard view + Shkval view on 2 monitors

Looks good for pit-builders!

Edited by Aeroscout

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices