Why are X52 controls suddenly different/gone?

redmantab

For 1 year I've enjoyed the Mirage, flown the campaign and almost through the Red Flag. I set up all my controls a long time ago and happen to forget the proper terminology. Please bear with me.

- Last week all was working well. Today I happen to log in, download the most recent beta, and enjoy. Normally, when I'm weapons hot I can simply press "left" on my right x52 controller thumb button (don't know the term) and it puts me in close radar mode which easily allows me to target an enemy aircraft. Whelp, that is gone. I have googled around to refresh my memory with 1 minute DCS and am now trying to find "special mode" or close radar mode .....can't find it so I can re bind it again. Can someone please help me with this?

- Secondly, I used to simply use voice attack and say "flare" and boom, I release a flare. Now, that doesn't work either. I now have try to press "delete" and it just releases a whole clunk of countermeasures (looks like shotgun shells lol). How do I release flares instead of chaff? What key? What is it called? Decoy anything doesn't seem to include what I'm looking for. Gosh it's been a while. Help?

- What on earth? When I go full afterburners it hardly makes a noise now and I have to look for the light to go green to notice. I didn't change audio to hear in helmet. Also, seems slower. Did they mess up the Mirage in this recent beta update? I'm actually hoping they did?

Did they mess up the Mirage in this recent beta update? I'm actually hoping they did as it would make sense. I had all this working well a year ago. Haven't touched any files, haven't deleted anything, just stopped working the way it always has. Extremely frustrating. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by redmantab

Thank you so much Viper. Yes, should of been communicated. Why didn't they?

1 - What is the term for the bind that I'm forgetting....? for targeting modes for close combat radar tracking to lock on with Magics or.....can't remember the terminology.

2 - How do I release flares? You know at least what I'm trying to do...it's been so long since I bound these....can you help?

Thank you in advance.

Because its Razbam and they don't care about their customers. Or at least, they see the customers in the need to gather information, then sending out the information.

1:

Special Modes FWD becomes Weapons SystemCMD FWD

Special Modes AFT becomes Weapons SystemCMD AFT

Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect becomes Weapons SystemCMD Depress

2:

Its a little bit more complicated and can't just be answerd with one word.

There are two HOTAS bindings:

On the Stick: Countermeassures switch - Releases the CM according the selelcted programm from the CM panel.

On the Throttle: Panic Pushbutton - Releases the Cm according program 0.

On the Kneeboard, you can see what the programs drop, so you can set it up accroding your needs.

What I personaly do:

Select the Programm 1 on the CM panel. This leads to:

Countermeassures switch - releases chaff, used to break a CW lock.

Panic button - releases chaffs & flares. Used If I'm not sure what locked or fired on me / If IR fires on me.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Viper really has a weird grudge with Razbam - these changes have been communicated, just not in a way he'd like to (as in: on these here forums).

Still, @OP: take a look into the M2k subforum here, usually the news get posted here quickly, as has been the case with the latest changes.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The changes have not been communicated by Razbam through the game, in any kind of news or on the forum here.

They have communicated it on their discord channel. No idea why this should be enough.

At least, the official forum should be the place to announce such changes. By themselfs.

Build your own oppinion on Razbam, based on the fact that they don't feel the need to communicate anything on the official forum here.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Whatever, man :D

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The changes have not been communicated by Razbam through the game, in any kind of news or on the forum here.

They have communicated it on their discord channel. No idea why this should be enough.

At least, the official forum should be the place to announce such changes. By themselfs.

Build your own oppinion on Razbam, based on the fact that they don't feel the need to communicate anything on the official forum here.

It has been communicated, just look in the changelog for open beta. Here is a cut and paste:

DCS 2000C by RAZBAM

• Weapons System Command enabled.
  • Radar search behavior updated to simulate real radar:
    - Radar antenna in TWS will not follow locked target.
    - Contact icons can disappear if they are not inside the radar sweep.
    - Contact icons now display on which bar they are located.
  • Following keybinds are modified:
    - Special Modes FWD to Weapons SystemCMD FWD
    - Special Modes AFT to Weapons SystemCMD AFT
    - Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect to Weapons SystemCMD Depress
  • Updated Mission 06 of the campaign:
    - fixed the AI flight lead behaviour. He will now drop bombs from the
    - south and return to the anchor point.
    - fixed rare problem with the AI flight lead not taxiing.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

• 2 weeks later...
It has been communicated, just look in the changelog for open beta. Here is a cut and paste:

DCS 2000C by RAZBAM

• Weapons System Command enabled.
  • Radar search behavior updated to simulate real radar:
    - Radar antenna in TWS will not follow locked target.
    - Contact icons can disappear if they are not inside the radar sweep.
    - Contact icons now display on which bar they are located.
  • Following keybinds are modified:
    - Special Modes FWD to Weapons SystemCMD FWD
    - Special Modes AFT to Weapons SystemCMD AFT
    - Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect to Weapons SystemCMD Depress
  • Updated Mission 06 of the campaign:
    - fixed the AI flight lead behaviour. He will now drop bombs from the
    - south and return to the anchor point.
    - fixed rare problem with the AI flight lead not taxiing.

I created a mission and am 1 v 1 vs a mig right in front of me. They are now much less obvious on the radar it seems. Smaller on the radar?

I created a mission and am 1 v 1 vs a mig right in front of me. They are now much less obvious on the radar it seems. Smaller on the radar?

Radar is being reworked to better fit the real thing, this rework has it a bit bugged now, but also generally less effective than it was earlier, in the module.

The bug may or may not be fixed this wednesday, but better get used to more complicated radar.