Situation of WWII multiplayer servers

Rocko

Hey guys,

I come back to DCS after a longer break. Now Iam very intressting in buying my first WW2 module. Of course iam more intressting in flying online (dogfights).

The last days I checked how many servers are up for WW2 only. Sadly I didnt saw one. So my question is, how is the overall situation of WW2 servers?? I just wonder to my self if its worth to buy a WW2 module, if no active servers are up?

Are there still servers out there, where people doing WW2dogfight daily?

Thx for answers

Rocko

Hi Rocko,

Welcome back! I haven't been on DCS for a while but I used to go on the Burning Skies server although I believe this disappeared and you had to connect via IP... Might be worth checking their Discord out...

Enjoy!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Are there still servers out there, where people doing WW2dogfight daily?
Are you on stable version or open beta? Most servers of any kind are running open beta now.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

First, install the beta branch of DCS and then look for the server Burning Skies. It is populated enough to have some dogfight there during European evenings however, the mission is very simple.

I hope that the new damage model and clouds achieve to revitalise WWII DCS as the planes are a joy to fly.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Storm of war had a multiplayer server for a while, but we pulled it offline due to:

1. Low player numbers

2. Lack of an overall chohesive WW2 environment

We're keeping an eye on the DCS ww2 development to see if it worthwhile putting a server up again .. but I can' see it happening before 2019 is over with.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Thx all for the posts. Burning skies runs on Normandy map? Unfortunaly I get Runtime Errors or CTD when I try to join a Beta Server.

edit: solved the CTD issue by deleting my C:\DCS Games folder

Edited by Rocko

No, at the moment there are two different missions on burning skies, both on caucasus.

There's a blue flag normandy server, but it is not as popular as burning skies.

but I need the World War II Assets Pack for the Burning Skies server? Is this correct?