Campaign updates

Reflected

From the latest update:

Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

- Voice overs updated - Al Deere has a Kiwi accent now.

- Triggered explosions and fire effects added to make bombing raids more dramatic.

- Mission 6 - Typhoon leader returns to base properly.

- Mission 12 - clock position in voice over corrected.

- Mission 10, 12 - added more targets of opportunity.

Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

- Some RTB speeds corrected.

- More airfield ambiance objects added.

- Mission 8: D-day landings made more realistic / dramatic.

- Mission 8-9: ROE of enemy planes change based on the player's altitude.

- Mission 10: surprise opponent added.

- Triggered explosions and fire effects added to make bombing raids more dramatic.

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

- Mission 10, 12 - added more targets of opportunity.

@Reflected, yesterday after installing the F-86 Campaign, I noticed that The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign Mission 1 images got replaced with the Mission 1 images of the F-86 campaign.

I have no idea how that happened and had no time to check it further as it was already too late in the evening, but just fired the P-51 campaign to check the story(bought it long time ago but never played it) and noticed the first mission images are the same as the Yalu campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear DCS Community,

This time last year my first 2 campaigns, The Big Show and Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney had just been released. A year has passed and I've completed 2 more: Jagdflieger and Hunters over the Yalu. It's been an amazing journey, I learned a lot as a mission maker, and I constantly tried to improve the missions, to make sure they are as good as they can possibly be, and I will continue to do so in 2020.

This wouldn't have been possible without the community. I thank you for your trust, for all the positive and constructive feedback, the love and the encouragement, the screenshots and the play-through videos. I thank the voice actors who helped me bring the characters alive, the skinners who gave the aircraft a historically correct look, as well as the other mission and campaign makers for their help and for constantly raising the bar with their amaizng work, and pushing me to improve. And last but not least, I thank ED for the opportunity, for giving us such amazing toys to play with, and for basically making many of my childhood dreams come true.

2020 wil be an exciting year. My "Fear the Bones!" F-14 campaign is nearing completion, I'm just waiting for the Supercarrier, the HB Carrier, and the F-14A to be released. I also have another campaign in the research phase, and the amount of information I gathered is really promising. Let this picture be a hint, and no, it's not gonna be about Santa ;)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Reflected

:pilotfly:

robbo-171222-5a3cb8dbd937d.jpeg

Edited by Reflected

Dear DCS Community,

This time last year my first 2 campaigns, The Big Show and Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney had just been released. A year has passed and I've completed 2 more: Jagdflieger and Hunters over the Yalu. It's been an amazing journey, I learned a lot as a mission maker, and I constantly tried to improve the missions, to make sure they are as good as they can possibly be, and I will continue to do so in 2020.

This wouldn't have been possible without the community. I thank you for your trust, for all the positive and constructive feedback, the love and the encouragement, the screenshots and the play-through videos. I thank the voice actors who helped me bring the characters alive, the skinners who gave the aircraft a historically correct look, as well as the other mission and campaign makers for their help and for constantly raising the bar with their amaizng work, and pushing me to improve. And last but not least, I thank ED for the opportunity, for giving us such amazing toys to play with, and for basically making many of my childhood dreams come true.

2020 wil be an exciting year. My "Fear the Bones!" F-14 campaign is nearing completion, I'm just waiting for the Supercarrier, the HB Carrier, and the F-14A to be released. I also have another campaign in the research phase, and the amount of information I gathered is really promising. Let this picture be a hint, and no, it's not gonna be about Santa ;)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Reflected

:pilotfly:

robbo-171222-5a3cb8dbd937d.jpeg

Merry Christmas Reflected. P-47 campaign? Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear virtual pilots,

First of all, Happy New Year to all of you. During the holidays I've been really busy working on my new Tomcat campaign. This time, I would like to show you the radio effects. Every voice over consists of 7 sound tracks, or layers, if you like. The background nosie(s) and the radio clicks were all taken from real life F-14 radio comms recordings. I'm not a sound engineer, so I couldn't reproduce everything 100%, but I'm quite happy with the result. In the first half of this video you'll hear an original recording, and in the second half there's some chatter from my upcoming campaign. Mind you, the original static noise in between the lines was replaced by a recording of the Heatblur Tomcat for the sake of this video. Anyway, I hope you like it, stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.facebook.com/reflectedsimulations/videos/502079733997056

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit quiet lately, here's why: I dug myself DEEP into skinning the F-14 Tomcat, to produce the liveries needed for my upcoming "Fear the Bones!" campaign. These are of course just placeholders until the "A" model is released. The campaign will include:

3x VF-84 Jolly Rogers hi viz skin

1x VF-84 Jolly Rogers lo viz skin

1x VF-41 Black Aces hi viz skin

1x VF-41 Black Aces lo viz skin

1x VF-1 Wolfpack hi viz skin

1x VF-2 Bounty Hunters lo viz skin

Every character will have their own plane with their own names on the canpoy rail. I've spent weeks fine tuning these, meticulously studying hundreds of F-14 photos making sure the Gull Grey and the TPS colors are the perfect shade, finding the perfect font for different labels, fine tuning stuff like the intake label, so that it's not even 0.2 degrees off, researching helmet designs, etc... Had they seen me, any doctor would have diagnosed me with OCD, but I think immersion comes from the details, and I want this campaign to be the most immersive I've ever created.

f0992ccca0.png

f09a4efb57.png

f09928a80c.png

f0998654eb.png

f0999c3753.png

f099da2626.png

f09a100122.png

OCD or not, they look absolutely superb mate. Well done, I can't wait to see them in your campaign.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

• 3 weeks later...

Lately, I haven't been 100% satisfied with my F-86 Sabre skins that come with the Hunters over the Yalu campaign, so I reworked them a bit. I fine tuned the colors, but mainly, I improved the RoughMet files, that are responsible for how metallic, rough, or polished certain parts look. I think I managed to achieve a much more realistic look. What do you think?

I've sent them to ED, these should be available in one of the upcoming updates.

Screen-200205-200859.png

Screen-200205-200429.png

Screen-200205-165611.png

Screen-200205-200648.png

Screen-200205-200219.png

Edited by Reflected

GREAT !

Lately, I haven't been 100% satisfied with my F-86 Sabre skins that come with the Hunters over the Yalu campaign, so I reworked them a bit. I fine tuned the colors, but mainly, I improved the RoughMet files, that are responsible for how metallic, rough, or polished certain parts look. I think I managed to achieve a much more realistic look. What do you think?

I've sent them to ED, these should be available in one of the upcoming updates.

Screen-200205-200859.png

Screen-200205-200429.png

Screen-200205-165611.png

Screen-200205-200648.png

Screen-200205-200219.png

I Think, it's NICE:thumbup::)

While I'm busy working on skins, the development of my new Tomcat campaign is also progressing. Today, I'm going to share with you a WIP version of the main briefing image panel. You will have one of these for each mission (and maps, and more). I wanted to come up with something that's a little bit industrial, feels like you're on a big steel ship, and also gives you that Eighties feeling with those personal items scattered at the bottom. This same design will also be used for the kneeboard pages as well as the campaign documentation pdf-s. How do you like it?

0001.jpg

I really like to hear that you are working on a campaign for the module I'm going to buy next :)

The design itself looks a bit stereotypical with all the typical 80ies items at the bottom. Though I dont think anybody is going to mind really... :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

WARNING: in the latest update, the numbering of the parking spots on the Normandy map got reshuffled unexpectedly :( This results in aircrafts randomly spawning on each other, and in mission 5 of the Big Show, the Player aircraft even explodes as a result. I re-arranged all my missions, and sent the update to ED. If you experience anything like this, just hang tight until the next patch.

Voice of David Attenborough: “and this is how little Mustangs are made”

On a more serious note: it was quite an unexpected change, but I adjusted all my missions, and sent them to ED. Hoping for an update soon.

Thank you man. You are doing an excellent job. I was planning on flying the bastards while all the 2.5.6 fuss settled down, but not even single player campaigns are free from it! *shakes fist in the air*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]