I think pages are too dim

stormrider

Brightness and other values are stored independently for each video format (FCR, WPN, TGP) and for all text formats.

If this is not the case, could you provide a track?

Thanks!

Does that mean that on the same MFD, different pages have different brightness levels?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Wait a second, who changed the title of this thread and why?

lol

What was the original title?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Does that mean that on the same MFD, different pages have different brightness levels?

Yes, it seems so. You have to adjust them separately.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Yes, that's exactly how it works. You can adjust the brightness for each page individually.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Each page is adjusted separately however what i would say is that in VR they all appear to start to dim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Each page is adjusted separately however what i would say is that in VR they all appear to start to dim.

The initial brightness depends on the time of day when spawning. If you spawn in in the early morning, the pages can be set pretty dim initially and you need to increase the brightness as the sun moves up.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is this how it is on the actual plane? Found it quite annoying the increase the brightness of every page individually...

I would think that there are some function that measures the brightness and automatically adjust the brightness to maintain the wanted level.

Or then there must be a way to automatically adjust all pages brightness same time, unless you adjust individual pages brightness relative to some master page brightness or something (main menu or so).

As only idiot would design a screen brightness adjustment system for a device that is used in variable brightness environments and then require a user to manually adjust each and every possible screen (page) separately from all others depending the brightness level that happens to be at that moment....

The real manual writes about first tasks in the cockpit when starting up the aircraft, to set the displays brightness, contrast and gain in proper order for a good readability.

But now the problem is that by ED default automatic brightness adjustments it is set too low for the mission time brightness, and should be automatically be set brighter.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Is this how it is on the actual plane? Found it quite annoying the increase the brightness of every page individually...

I guess you probably don't want to have the Maverick/WPN, TGP and HSD page at the same brightness level, as their video output is rather different, at least IRL.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The OP does not state issue is when in VR but will assume so. When adjustability in the F16 finally became possible i did not personally find any benefit since it did not seem to allow greater brightness which was needed. It just made reduction possible and in VR for many that is wrong direction.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

I run into this as well, but only the exported displays are dim. If I look into the cockpit they're readable, but everything seems to export dim. It's especially noticeable on the Viper, where I need 7 or 8 hits on the brightness rocker.

No idea if, or how, that might be related to VR.

The OP does not state issue is when in VR but will assume so. When adjustability in the F16 finally became possible i did not personally find any benefit since it did not seem to allow greater brightness which was needed. It just made reduction possible and in VR for many that is wrong direction.

I wouldn't say the adjustment is in the wrong direction for VR; it definitely helps with low light conditions. That being said, the upper end definitely needs to be able go much brighter. A wider range is the best solution for all conditions and setups.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL