VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

37 minutes ago, metzgerov said:

I don't think it's using the old one anymore. I just renamed it and pointed the missions etc to the newer one on F

I suspect you mean you copied it to a new location. I'm not sure what you mean by "pointed the missions etc" but you can't just copy it and expect everything to work in the new location. The original is a system folder. The copy isn't.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

4 hours ago, sthompson said:

My understanding is that you can force DCS to use a specific subfolder of Saved Games through the variant.txt file in the DCS root directory. (For example, if it has the word "openbeta" in it then DCS will use Saved Games\DCS.openbeta.) However you can't force it to use a second Saved Games folder. There should never be two Saved Games folders for one user since this is a system folder. To find out where Windows thinks the folder is, fire up RegEdit and browse to the section 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]. 

Then look for the registry key {4C5C32FF-BB9D-43B0-B5B4-2D72E54EAAA4}. The default value is something like "C:\Users\yournamehere\Saved Games"

Whatever is in that key is where Windows thinks your Saved Games folder is. If you deleted the folder or moved it somewhere else then Windows doesn't know how to find it, and DCS probably won't find it either. If you know what you are doing you can edit that entry to point to the actual location. In the future, if you want to move the Saved Games folder do it the right way -- by opening its folder properties and then using the "Location" tab.

The one in the registry is the F/saved games; the new one that DCS is pointing to as well

Edited by metzgerov

5 hours ago, metzgerov said:

The one in the registry is the F/saved games; the new one that DCS is pointing to as well

Perhaps you could post your VAICOM log (after making sure that debug is turned on) and also your DCS log. I'm wondering if DCS is showing any errors that might be related. Your symptoms suggest that DCS is not able to communicate with the VAICOM plugin. If you are running firewall software you might make sure that the ports used by VAICOM are not blocked. These are IP ports 33333, 33334, 33491, 33492, and 44111 all on UDP protocol.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Since the 2.7 update If I am outside of DCS on the desktop or ?? "not running DCS" voice attack works fine and doesn't stop listening but When I get into DCS the Voice attack "Stops Listing after a few seconds and I have to initialize the Start Listening command constantly to get it to respond to voice commands again" But it does the same thing again and Stops Listing it does this constantly every 5-10 seconds 😞 The entire time I am in DCS or in any Cockpit or Aircraft???? This is making me NUTS!! I had this happen before but I can't remember what I did to fix it Anyone have any Suggestions not R&R or Uninstall it.

I have way to many setup  to lose all of the info I have setup now.. is there a method to backup your complete curent VA installation?

Thanks...

8 hours ago, sthompson said:

Perhaps you could post your VAICOM log (after making sure that debug is turned on) and also your DCS log. I'm wondering if DCS is showing any errors that might be related. Your symptoms suggest that DCS is not able to communicate with the VAICOM plugin. If you are running firewall software you might make sure that the ports used by VAICOM are not blocked. These are IP ports 33333, 33334, 33491, 33492, and 44111 all on UDP protocol.

How do I turn on "debug"?

Where is the DCS Log you are speaking?

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

You said you have two "Saved Games" instances? That's provably the problem.
There is a way to force DCS to use a specific one, but maybe find out which one is beeing used.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Does this help?

v8.JPG

Question about AIRIO commands, is the Radio Control->Select [AM/FM] [1-9] .... the new version of the Radio Tune command? Manual has it listed but I don't have it in my keywords list. Tried a reset of keywords but no joy on that front. Next step would be a reinstall but want to double check before I go that route. Thanks in advance

25 minutes ago, itekiwoshi said:

Question about AIRIO commands, is the Radio Control->Select [AM/FM] [1-9] .... the new version of the Radio Tune command? Manual has it listed but I don't have it in my keywords list. Tried a reset of keywords but no joy on that front. Next step would be a reinstall but want to double check before I go that route. Thanks in advance

No - it is a command for all planes - it is not in your keywords list in the Vaicom Editor. Radio Tune still exists

If you click on the pencil icon on the main VA screen it should appear under the Radio Control category on the Edit a Profile screen

image.png

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Sorry hornblower, I wasn't clear in my explanation, I was looking for the "Radio Tune [N] [N] [N] decimal [N] [N]" commands but it wasn't in my "keywords", I do have the two radio control commands already in my keywords so i thought that may have taken over the radio tune command. But I was an idoit. I forgot about the search feature in the edite profile screen. Radio tune was in Extensions Packs not Keywords. Sigh...

I honestly don't remember but it wasn't that hard.
Oh, I know perfectly well how, just wondered if something went wrong while you did it.
I'll have dinner and re-read your posts. But we have to find out if or how VAICOM is using the incorrect Saved Games folder. Can't really blame VAICOM for it as DCS does strange things once in a while.
Did you convert Stable to OB etc?

Hello there! I tried to read through this thread and it seems I am not the only one with broken/missing radio messages on the kneeboard after 2.7 update. But for the record here is my JTAC page after a complete 9-line talk. If anyone knows a fix, please post. Otherwise we will have to wait for an update, I guess.

Vaicom 9 Line.PNG

Edited by Hive

7 hours ago, metzgerov said:

How do I turn on "debug"?

Where is the DCS Log you are speaking?

Debug is an options in the VAICOM configuration window. I believe you may have it turned on already based on the screenshot you posted. Let me suggest you double check all of the following, which includes detail about the DCS log:

1. Start VAICOM and verify that Debug is selected. Then shut it down.

2. With DCS and VA both not running, do a full repair of DCS, then restart VAICOM. Once it finishes initializing start DCS.

3. Enter a flyable module with supported radio and give a VAICOM command, then shut down DCS.

4. Expand the VoiceAttack window as needed so that you can see every entry. Copy and paste that to a text file. Call that VoiceAttackEventLog.txt.

5. Close VoiceAttack. Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs. There you will find VAICOMPRO.log.

6. Go to Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\logs and look for the file dcs.log. MAKE SURE THAT THE TIME STAMP ON THIS FILE MATCHES THE TIME WHEN YOU CLOSED DCS IN STEP 3. If it does not then that is a clue that DCS is using a different Saved Games folder from what you are expecting.

7. Post VoiceAttackEventLog.txt, VAICOMPRO.log, and dcs.log here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hive said:

Hello there! I tried to read through this thread and it seems I am not the only one with broken/missing radio messages on the kneeboard after 2.7 update. But for the record here is my JTAC page after a complete 9-line talk. If anyone knows a fix, please post. Otherwise we will have to wait for an update, I guess.

Vaicom 9 Line.PNG

Having the exact same problem. Not recording down any CASE III information either.

15 hours ago, sthompson said:

Debug is an options in the VAICOM configuration window. I believe you may have it turned on already based on the screenshot you posted. Let me suggest you double check all of the following, which includes detail about the DCS log:

1. Start VAICOM and verify that Debug is selected. Then shut it down.

2. With DCS and VA both not running, do a full repair of DCS, then restart VAICOM. Once it finishes initializing start DCS.

3. Enter a flyable module with supported radio and give a VAICOM command, then shut down DCS.

4. Expand the VoiceAttack window as needed so that you can see every entry. Copy and paste that to a text file. Call that VoiceAttackEventLog.txt.

5. Close VoiceAttack. Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs. There you will find VAICOMPRO.log.

6. Go to Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\logs and look for the file dcs.log. MAKE SURE THAT THE TIME STAMP ON THIS FILE MATCHES THE TIME WHEN YOU CLOSED DCS IN STEP 3. If it does not then that is a clue that DCS is using a different Saved Games folder from what you are expecting.

7. Post VoiceAttackEventLog.txt, VAICOMPRO.log, and dcs.log here.

There is no LOG folder in my openbeta folder it'd in the DCS folder

dcs.log

VAICOMPRO.log va_event_log.txt

2 hours ago, metzgerov said:

There is no LOG folder in my openbeta folder it'd in the DCS folder

Now we are making progress. I assume you mean that the dcs.log file was found at path F:\Saved Games\DCS\logs\dcs.log. If that is the case and you are sure that you are using DCS version 2.7 openbeta then it means your DCS installation is messed up, because the log file should be written in F:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\logs\dcs.log. Thus DCS is using the wrong Saved Games subfolder, and is not reading the export.lua file or VAICOMPRO files saved in the openbeta subfolder.

Next step: Look in your DCS root folder for file G:\DCS World\dcs_variant.txt. It should be there with one line reading "openbeta" only (with no newline at the end).  I'll bet it is missing or says something else. I just ran a test on my system and determined that a "Repair DCS Open Beta" run does NOT fix this file if it is missing or has the wrong contents.

To fix DCS create or edit that file (or use the one attached) in your DCS root directory. That should cause DCS to start using the dcs.openbeta subdirectory of Saved Games. BTW, you will also want to copy your config files over from the dcs to the dcs.openbeta subfolders. BACK UP THE SAVED GAMES FOLDER FIRST IN CASE MY DIAGNOSIS IS WRONG!

dcs_variant.txt

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sthompson said:

Now we are making progress. I assume you mean that the dcs.log file was found at path F:\Saved Games\DCS\logs\dcs.log. If that is the case and you are sure that you are using DCS version 2.7 openbeta then it means your DCS installation is messed up, because the log file should be written in F:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\logs\dcs.log. Thus DCS is using the wrong Saved Games subfolder, and is not reading the export.lua file or VAICOMPRO files saved in the openbeta subfolder.

Next step: Look in your DCS root folder for file G:\DCS World\dcs_variant.txt. It should be there with one line reading "openbeta" only (with no newline at the end).  I'll bet it is missing or says something else. I just ran a test on my system and determined that a "Repair DCS Open Beta" run does NOT fix this file if it is missing or has the wrong contents.

To fix DCS create or edit that file (or use the one attached) in your DCS root directory. That should cause DCS to start using the dcs.openbeta subdirectory of Saved Games. BTW, you will also want to copy your config files over from the dcs to the dcs.openbeta subfolders. BACK UP THE SAVED GAMES FOLDER FIRST IN CASE MY DIAGNOSIS IS WRONG!

dcs_variant.txt 8 B · 0 downloads

wHEN YOU SAY COPY CONFIG FILES WHAT FILES OR FOLDERS DO YOU MEAN AND DO YOU MEAN FROM THE "sAVED GAMES" DRIVE?

7 minutes ago, metzgerov said:

wHEN YOU SAY COPY CONFIG FILES WHAT FILES OR FOLDERS DO YOU MEAN AND DO YOU MEAN FROM THE "sAVED GAMES" DRIVE?

I mean copy f:\saved games\dcs\config to f:\saved games\dcs.openbeta\config.

Now that I think about it, you might want to copy other subfolders as well: Views, Scripts, Mods, MissionEditor, Liveries, Kneeboard, etc. Anything that has configuration information. As I mentioned, please backup first.

As an alternative to all of that copying you could rename f:\saved games\dcs.openbeta to something else as a backup, and then rename f:\saved games\dcs to f:\saved games\dcs.openbeta.

• Like 1

Asking for help guys: after WINDOWS 10 reinstall and fresh DCS and VA + VAICOM install, VAICOM commands do not work anymore in DCS

VA recognize my commands OK, but DCS do nothing.

I tried this:

- fix DCS path - set my instalation path (e:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\) and FIX registry, restarted all,...

- repaired DCS Open Beta

- deleted lua with MASTER ZERO button and restarted all

- Set VA and DCS OB to run as Administrator

but unfortunatelly nothing helped...

It seems like VAICOM is not sending commands to DCS at all....

BTW: after every command there is "(awaiting additional input)" line - is it correct?

note 1: I created simple mission with four Spits standing on the runway with engines on and my testing command is "radio check" - that IMHO should work in

every single mission

note 2 : I have subtitles ON so I should read the command I sent - but nothing is displayed

VAICOM log attached

What do I wrong? PLS help...
THX

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

VAICOMPRO.log

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Asking for help guys: after WINDOWS 10 reinstall and fresh DCS and VA + VAICOM install, VAICOM commands do not work anymore in DCS
VA recognize my commands OK, but DCS do nothing.

I tried this:
- fix DCS path - set my instalation path (e:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\) and FIX registry, restarted all,...
- run repaired DCS Open Beta
- deleted ...Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua and restarted all
- Set VA and DCS OB to run as Administrator
but unfortunatelly nothing helped...

It seems like VAICOM is not sending commands to DCS at all....
BTW: after every command there is "(awaiting additional input)" line - is it correct?

VAICOM log attached

What do I wrong? PLS help...
THX

image.thumb.png.dc806dca6ef408f44e66da7e786776ed.png
image.png.d56616e7601afc0d99f0d15f07823d63.png
image.png.77b8c0f5728601acf92beae4c533dcc9.png
image.png.c89fd3fe4b5493baa65c0587860e4e34.png

VAICOMPRO.log
Try "flight, radio check" or "two, radio check".
Seems VAICOM doesn't know the recipient.
What other commands won't work for you?
Hopefully this helps!
Cheers!

Tried prefixes like "fligt,.."  "enfield,.."  etc - but no help...

No single command works - simply looks like VAICOM do not communicate with DCS 

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Tried prefixes like "fligt,.."  "enfield,.."  etc - but no help...
No single command works - simply looks like VAICOM do not communicate with DCS 
Does Inbound also say awaiting additional input?

It might also be worth trying to set Easy Comms On to see what happens

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal