BS3: Damage model, rain+wipers, wake turbulences

BaD CrC

We have seen some nice improvements on the recent modules and I was wondering if this would make it to BS3.

Improved damage model: not that the current one is bad but will there be more subtle consequences in the systems failures and physical damage taken from enemy fire?

Rain drops: Wipers for the Ka50 cockpit and Shkval have always been functional (meaning they move when we are flipping the relevant switch). Any change, if we get the rain drops on both canopy and shkval to have functional wipers?

Wake turbulences: now fixed wingers have wake turbulences, is ED looking at generating the downflow for us choppers (it's like wake turbulences pointing downward after all). I found always a bit disturbing in DCS that hovering right above another chopper doesn't have any consequences for the latter.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Improved damage model : Was it planned? I don't remember

Rain drops: I think they have to work on the wiper before simply applying rain drops like the F18.

In any case, hovering while raining should be very interesting. Fall is coming ;)

Wakes : you don't usually fly under other choppers but it could be nice

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Improved damage model: not that the current one is bad but will there be more subtle consequences in the systems failures and physical damage taken from enemy fire?

not bad, but does lead to some funny situations. more than once, ive had the entire tail boom knocked off, and managed to autorotate the rest of the helo with its CG apparently unaffected...once managed a boomless takeoff afterwards too. yea, that was swell. wish i had screensots or video

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 4 weeks later...

+1 For working windscreen wipers!!!

Rain drops: I think they have to work on the wiper before simply applying rain drops like the F18.

In any case, hovering while raining should be very interesting. Fall is coming ;)

The Ka50 has the rain droplets on the windshield, the wiper has no effect on moving them so that you can see clearly. Hovering in a downfall is really challenging because you can barely see at the moment.

The Shkval seems unaffected by rain.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

• 5 months later...

+1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.