Can't get hand off from targeting pod to get K variant of Maverick to lock

CrazyGman

So I've tried multiple times, and while I can get the handoff from the targeting pod to work for the IR G variant, It doesn't seem to lock on a BTR using a K variant, it will try hand it off, but the missile won't lock. Target is just a BTR 80 in a open field on the Syria map. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• ED Team

Hi

It is worth mentioning Optical Mavericks like the H and K have less range than the IR and require very good day lighting.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

It is worth mentioning Optical Mavericks like the H and K have less range than the IR and require very good day lighting.

thanks

The CCD on the K model was designed as an upgrade to the IR tracking on the previous models, so it works better in daylight and even low light conditions have a longer standoff range than the G from which is was upgraded. Which is why the pentagon paid a pretty penny just for the camera upgrades. The only thing the K is worse at than the D model is night time usage. That's not how it works in the game though. The game seems to treat all lock-on or hand offs as if it were night time, so currently the D is the best model for everything except forcing an area lock.

The effective ranges for all the mavericks are about 3x too short. But tbf, the shorter range is more exciting than realism when trying to maintain standoff from manpads and even tanks.

Edited by Syndrome