Don't forget about us please

sirrah

What happened to the weekly screenshot updates?

(Please don't forget us non FB users :cry: )

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm struggling to understand why ED didn't warn Polychop of the potentially show stopping code changes in advance. Now they say they're having to figure it out for themselves as well. Haven't even been given the details after the fact.

I'm sorry but I have to say that is just a ridiculous situation to put them in. Way to go ED...

I'm struggling to understand why ED didn't warn Polychop of the potentially show stopping code changes in advance. Now they say they're having to figure it out for themselves as well. Haven't even been given the details after the fact.

I'm sorry but I have to say that is just a ridiculous situation to put them in. Way to go ED...

This is ED's typical behavior towards 3rd parties unfortunately ... Is it really that hard to update your supposed business partners on obviously important information... Not a surprise they had no clue about the Razbam Harrier dumpster fire or all the issues Heatblur had to deal with concerning getting the Tomcat compatible with the Supercarrier or AIM-54 issues... At what point does ED actually address repeating issues?

Edited by DBFlyguy

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

ED sits on his SDK like a hen on an egg. Just don't give too much information outside. And if only the bare minimum. Maybe we are doing the 3rd party developers an injustice and you would have to give ED the buck ...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

+1

This posted on Facebook 3 hours ago but still no word here...

A friend who has Facebook account pointed me to it. Wouldn't have known otherwise...

My initial response I had to delete,, I rarely respond to any thread in a negative fashion,,, This is certainly an exception! WHAT THE $%^&

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

On reflection I can understand why the team only posted on Facebook and didn't get round to posting that news here as well.

They're just still shell shocked and scrambling to figure out how to proceed after having their project properly torpedoed.

To the Polychop team:-

We (I'm sure I speak for the majority here) feel your pain over this setback and wish you all the best in getting yourselves back on track.

Hopefully ED will step up and offer some help in working through the issues. It's the least they can do under the circumstances.

Please do update us here on the forum when you can. We are all keen to see you do well.

You people need to calm down. Sven from Polychop has posted on Facebook that he has spoken to ED and they are working on a fix. So put the pitchforks away.

I haven't seen any pitchforks here (well.. maybe one :P).

All I started this thread for, was to kindly ask any of the involved parties to maybe skip 1 FB post and use that time to post something here :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sven from Polychop has posted on Facebook that he has spoken to ED and they are working on a fix.

Where did you read that? There is nothing on their FB page to confirm they've spoken to ED. We can hope and assume that they have spoken with them by now, that's all. It is not written anywhere though.

No pitchfork here, just disappointed at the apparent lack of teamwork and communication on ED's behalf. A courteous forewarning could have saved the Polychop team a lot of stress.

To get back to Sirrah's original post - accurate news posted here would help avoid rumours and speculation.

• ED Team

Hi all

Polychop have access to all our communication channels, we have also reached out polychop.

I know some of you would like to think the worst of us, but there is no need for it.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Newy,

Not having a go at you here as I know your job is to keep the peace and maintain some order here - which you do with great aplomb. Cudos and respect to you there. I certainly don't wish to think the worst of ED, not at all. I'm a big fan of the sim.

We can't escape the fact however that the code changes in question weren't something cooked up overnight. ED must have known a good while ago that these could potentially derail the Kiowa project, yet seemingly they didn't reach out to the team early enough... only after the damage was done. Unless we haven't got the full story? If not, please enlighten us.

If ED did mess up, a simple acknowledgement that "Yes, we dropped the ball on this one." would go a long way towards making us feel all warm and fuzzy inside again. Trying to brush it aside like nothing happened and nothing went wrong is bound to raise some hackles.

Honest and open communication is the key to maintaining harmony. People are much more likely to forgive and forget if they are given the truth straight up. If you mess up, fess up. Then we can all move on in peace. I learned that lesson early in life and it has served me well.

Please just keep us updated with honest and accurate news.

• ED Team

Hi

It is not something we would discuss in public, it is an internal matter for the teams.

Thanks.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I think I've missed some crucial detail lol... the Kiowa module is derailed?

No, all is ok.

thanks

To get back to Sirrah's original post - accurate news posted here would help avoid rumours and speculation.

It would also help if the community would act like adults and not freak the hell out at the drop of a hat @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The transition from bitmap texture based HUD and MFD graphics to vector based SVG is part of DCS 2.5.6. It is publicly known for months and is already implemented in some modules (F/A-18...). Making such a drama post on FB makes no sense. The change didn't come over night and is just a part of DCS's always ongoing development.

Edited by Alec Delorean

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

"Drama raising" From someone's.....

Meanwhile Sven on FB put a curated info

Sven here, just to let everyone know, what ever issue happened, please do not speculate. I had a very proactive phonecall with someone from ED. All sides have a good plan for the future and I can only ensure that ED and aswell we as a team, try to solve this as soon as possible. As I said before, on the bright side, all can work out better ways for the future. Issues can only be fixed as soon they happen, what ever the issue is. So, I see it this way, better now, then later, because in terms of the kiowa warrior, it can only benfit from the changes we talked about on the phone. Have a great weekend all

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

The good thing about vector based symbology is that everything is scalable now. Nothing is limited by fixed pixel density anymore. This will improve HUD and MFD readability and improves the quality and reduces efforts for dynamic/animated symbology.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Wow!

Some strong words here and there... I wonder where and how this thread got misinterpreted.. One thing's for sure, some folks here need to cool down a bit before they start and type messages...

I merely asked for my weekly dose of Kiowa screenshot..

(At the time of my OP, I hadn't even seen the news on the slight setback at Polychop)

System specs:

• ED Team

Hi sirrah

that is the internet for you :)

I am sure the team will share Kiowa news soon, I am also looking forward to seeing more.

thank you

that is the internet for you :)

I guess it is... Almost 40, still naive :P

(Just to make it totally clear, I always had and still have complete trust in ED, and I'm grateful for what it gives us. Closest I'll ever get to flying the real thing :thumbup:)

System specs:

No need to pick up the pitchforks and torches guys. As BN stated above we are and always have been in contact with ED. The core engine is a constant work in progress, ED has been doing a great job in enhancing it and making it an ever more feature rich environment. The code of a module heavily relies on the core engine, when certain parts of the engine code are changed it might interfere with the module. Both ED and Polychop have been working on a more streamlined way of testing and communication to prevent situations like these over the past months. Even though significant improvements on both internal testing and communications have been made, this one caught us by surprise. Our first priority is to repair the newly introduced bugs while we work out how to prevent this from happening again with ED. Rest assured ED has reached out and is working with us on this.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't comment the communications between ED and other studios as it is not our concern as we don't know about it.

But I just wish that Polychop wouldn't make the small (but serious) mistake that not using ED forums as primary communications channel for everything, and only after that going for the third party channels like Facebook, Discord and such.

It shouldn't be too difficult to first write the info on "scratchpad" and then copy-paste it here in new thread (with decision is it locked or not) and then to 3rd party channels.

There are more people who respect those who communicate honestly and directly from all good and bad news, and that they can find the information easily and quickly in official product store forums.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

... I just wish that Polychop wouldn't make the small (but serious) mistake that not using ED forums as primary communications channel for everything, and only after that going for the third party channels like Facebook, Discord and such.

AFAIK PC do use ED's forums as their primary means of communication.

People complain there's not enough communication ?

PC add FB and discord, so users can ask informal questions and give their feedback directly.

What would you like PC to do when a user asks a question on discord - ignore the user/question, cross post every answer, hold a meeting to decide if, where and when a answer should be given ?

If you want to know "every" detail, sign up to social media, discord, etc., otherwise don't.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080