Anyone's controls randomly lock up sometimes when trimming?

MobiSev

title.

The most typical reason would be Central Position Trimmer Mode. It means that when you hit the trim button, you have to move the stick (and quite possibly the rudder as well) back to their center positions. Until you've done that, you'll be locked out of the controls.

Possible solutions are to switch to another trim mode, or to make a habit of instantly re-centering the controls after trimming.

If that's not the cause, a short track might help.

Yes as Yurgon said - and when combined with no DZ you may have difficulty registering center on the cyclic (and rudder pedals if using rudder trimmer option).

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't reset trim. That's not the problem.

Both posts above that one are the solution.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Yes! Reset trim immediately, and be prepared for sudden nose pitch-up.

That is not a solution, that is an entirely new problem. Bad advice.

There's no "trim reset" on the real helicopter, and we only have this option in case we've badly, badly mis-trimmed the chopper to the point where we're losing control. Anyone with a little bit of experience shouldn't need this. I don't think I ever used this function since the first 5 or so hours of flying the Black Shark. I strongly believe newcomers should only use this as a very last resort in case the trim is so screwed up that they're losing control.

Coming back on the original topic, VampireNZ made a very good point there: a deadzone can help to re-center the controls. Controllers with crappy pots may not register the center position correctly, so a deadzone of maybe 5 or 10 might alleviate the centering issues. Rule of thumb for deadzones: as small as possible, as large as necessary.