P-51 Hotas Anyone?

P-51 Hotas Anyone?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. P-51 Hotas Anyone?

Any news?

I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. I really need a more capable machine to produce more than a couple units. I have purchased a larger milling machine, and am also working on a CNC plasma cutter to handle the steel parts... which right now take hours on the small mill I currently have. The problem I have right now is mostly financial...I currently don't have the funds to finish the CNC conversion of the larger mill and I also can't get the CNC plasma 100% functional yet.

I made the mistake of going too cheap on the plasma cutter (direct from China Cut50D for about $300) and it puts out plenty of EMF interference which causes lots of issues with the computer/stepper motors on the CNC table. A brand name unit which would eliminate these issues is approaching $2k...something I just can't afford right now.

By the way, the Cut50D actually works quite well for hand cutting...unfortunately it doesn't play well with CNC equipment. I am working through some shielding/grounding issues which I hope may still allow the use of this plasma unit for CNC.

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. I really need a more capable machine to produce more than a couple units. I have purchased a larger milling machine, and am also working on a CNC plasma cutter to handle the steel parts... which right now take hours on the small mill I currently have. The problem I have right now is mostly financial...I currently don't have the funds to finish the CNC conversion of the larger mill and I also can't get the CNC plasma 100% functional yet.

I made the mistake of going too cheap on the plasma cutter (direct from China Cut50D for about $300) and it puts out plenty of EMF interference which causes lots of issues with the computer/stepper motors on the CNC table. A brand name unit which would eliminate these issues is approaching $2k...something I just can't afford right now.

By the way, the Cut50D actually works quite well for hand cutting...unfortunately it doesn't play well with CNC equipment. I am working through some shielding/grounding issues which I hope may still allow the use of this plasma unit for CNC.

You could try subcontracting the job out and doing a few prototypes then a small run to make it financially viable which should help to pay for a better setup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
Add me to the, I must own this now, list, please. I tried throwing money at my monitor but so far, nothing. Seriously though, very interested.

I don't mean to sound rude but this was two years ago. I'm afraid this is long gone...:(

I am a newbie on this subject. Just wonder why we can't simulate the stick length effect with digital hotas such as X65f. I know X65f is not necessarily a well-crafted product, but if you were to build a new hotas, prolly going digital route might be more viable than a mechanical route. Nowadays, people fly both modern sims and WWII sims. I don't know how a dedicated WWII gear can have much market. So if I want to switch between WWII and modern sims, I need unplug/replug everything. That's just a hassle.

• 2 years later...