Official Module Campaign?

Bagpipe

Just bought this module and am feeling let down to see it has no campaign.

When I tried it in the free trial it had at least a "sample campaign" or something in there so I figured you'd get a real campaign or two when/if you bought it.

And no...I do not accept that the Maple Flag campaign being available is substitution for the lack of included campaign as I have the MF campaign for the hornet and it sits gathering dust to be honest.

It's the same with the spitfire, I had to go and buy a campaign...

There's no consistency of product with the modules.

When can we expect a free campaign for the modules that are lacking them ED?

If there is one in the pipeline then fine, I have never really read much on the F5 forum as not owning the module till now.

There's no consistency of product with the modules

For your next purchase, you should really go with a bit of due-dilligence and research before you buy, to avoid this kind of frustration.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

For your next purchase, you should really go with a bit of due-dilligence and research before you buy, to avoid this kind of frustration.

I did, I bought 90% of the available modules and 90% come with at least some kind of campaign or work in progress campaign.

The F5 has been around for a long time and has... nada.

And as I said the free trial event showed a campaign of some description which LED ME TO BELIEVE there would be a campaign included.

My apologies for not delving through the archives to see if one existed but i can't imagine how a new user buying their first module would feel when they got the F5 and found the same only to be retorted on the forums with such a petty argument as yours.

Listen...she's a beauty and I am always happy with the DCS modules (barring one, maybe two 3rd party modules) but you can't help but feel a tiny bit cheated when you buy a module that's been around for a while and you have a tiny fraction of what other modules offer.

Look at the Hornet for example, it has missions coming out of every crevice...

1387699850_DesktopScreenshot2020_07.04-21_49_24_60.thumb.jpg.4bff9ad9d4719842aa7dc951fc4887fe.jpg

... such a petty argument as yours.

Actually it was just a reasonable advice, as I wasn’t arguing with you ... however, don’t worry, I will take care no not intervene on your threads in the future. :noexpression:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Actually it was just a reasonable advice, as I wasn’t arguing with you ... however, don’t worry, I will take care no not intervene on your threads in the future. :noexpression:

Meh...well I may have read too much into it as you gave me some stick recently elsewhere on the forums and I thought "oh here we go again...".

I stand by my points so far regarding the modules though, it would be lovely if ED spread the love around a bit more with the mission making. I love the 3rd party campaigns i have but i really like the official ones when they are available

No harm done man, i was just flying the L39 pattern mission which i believe you had a hand in so thanks for that at least (and the Jeff training too)

Edited by Bagpipe

there is this paid campaign

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/f-5e_aggressors_acm_campaign/

for the cost of what the pizza guy should get as a tip. i have heard this was pretty good.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

there is this paid campaign

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/f-5e_aggressors_acm_campaign/

for the cost of what the pizza guy should get as a tip. i have heard this was pretty good.

:thumbup: Yeah that's the maple flag one. I believe the hornet one is pretty much a copy paste job so not keen to buy it for F5 aswell. There's some community made campaigns which I am sure will be fun too but an official campaign should be included with all modules in my opinion. Especially with the more simple modules (systems wise etc.)

I did, I bought 90% of the available modules and 90% come with at least some kind of campaign or work in progress campaign.

This is wrong. I'm not sure about the A10C, CA, the Gazelle, Mi-8 and Ka-50, so I'll neglect those.

Out of every other module in DCS, the F-5, F-86, Mig-15, Spitfire, Dora, Anton, Mustang, Harrier, F16, L39, C101, Yak52, Christen Eagle, I-16 all do not come with a free campaign. That's (if I'm counting right) 14/24 modules , 14/29 if all the above I listed to have one.

This is wrong. I'm not sure about the A10C, CA, the Gazelle, Mi-8 and Ka-50, so I'll neglect those.

Out of every other module in DCS, the F-5, F-86, Mig-15, Spitfire, Dora, Anton, Mustang, Harrier, F16, L39, C101, Yak52, Christen Eagle, I-16 all do not come with a free campaign. That's (if I'm counting right) 14/24 modules , 14/29 if all the above I listed to have one.

A10C has 4 campaigns, Gazelle has 1, Mi8 has 1, Ka-50 (i think) has 1 at least. so that's an extra 4 modules onto your 14 = 18 with campaigns.

I also commented that some are in progress such as the harrier which will have one, the f16 i would be amazed at not getting one also. But we wont include those as having one for now.

There are 24 modules excluding trainers (because why would they have a campaign for a trainer?) so 90% of 24 = 21.6

90% of 21.6 = 19.44

18 modules have campaigns so yes i was wrong by a margin of 8% I believe....:book::)

So okay "I bought 90% of the modules available and 82% of those have a campaign" is maybe more to the point.

(It's probably still not exact but it's better than it was)

Anyhoo, Thanks for pointing out all the modules lacking campaigns as the majority of them are ED modules so highlights the problem well.

I own the F5, F-86, Spitfire,Anton, Harrier, F16, Yak52 and I-16 so i will copy my post to each of those forum sections too i guess.

The other thing i would point out regarding your list is that most on there are retailing for $49.99 but the F5 retails for $59.99 so you would hope for a campaign for the extra $$.

Edited by Bagpipe

i just went fown the line and the following had free campaigns packed in the module: a10c,ajs37,k4,f14,f18,d9,jf17,ka50,m2k,mig21,mi18,mig19,p51d,gazelle,su25t,uh1, flaming cliffs

I dont have CA (i dont care to do DCS as an RTS)

some of these may be copy pasted, because theres the k4 challenge, the d9 challenge, and the p51 challenge.

I think it was on hoggit that nineline said he felf all modules *should* come with a packaged campaign

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

i just went fown the line and the following had free campaigns packed in the module: a10c,ajs37,k4,f14,f18,d9,jf17,ka50,m2k,mig21,mi18,mig19,p51d,gazelle,su25t,uh1, flaming cliffs

I dont have CA (i dont care to do DCS as an RTS)

some of these may be copy pasted, because theres the k4 challenge, the d9 challenge, and the p51 challenge.

I think it was on hoggit that nineline said he felf all modules *should* come with a packaged campaign

Yeah sounds about right, not to mention that the Jeff is still a WiP campaign and so the Harrier should be considered so aswell although it has not been added to early access as yet.

The F16 will definately have one campaign at least but i will be extremely disappointed if they make it a payware addon considering the cost of the module

dont want to sound stupid, ... but what is "Jeff"? its my name and it kinda weirds me out. lol.

It's a nickname for the JF-17.

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

I also felt kind of burned back when I bought this due to lack of campaign. If it cost $49.99 like Warbirds and Gen 1 jets I might be more understanding but it costs the same as modern jets (before prices went up on the newest releases). For how simple the aircraft actually is and how little content it has, it is not the same value as the Harrier or Mirage or Viggen for example.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

:thumbup: Yeah that's the maple flag one. I believe the hornet one is pretty much a copy paste job so not keen to buy it for F5 aswell.

Well, no: you probably mean the "Aggressor BFM campaign", which is available for F-15C, F/A-18 and F-5E as well, however, the link posted by the other user is ACM campaign, which is currently available for F-5E only.

Also, I've played them, so I agree that all BFM campaigns are actually copy&paste of the same base campaign where the only change is the plane you fly. But dogfight on a F-5E is not the same as F/A-18C or F-15C: each plane has it own strong and weak points and despite to being a c&p those campaign are worth to be played IMHO.

Also, look at this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230124

The OP created a campaign which seems to become a paid DLC campaign in a while.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Thanks, like i say i am not paying any more for dogfights i can set up in ME.

User campaigns can be great but doesn’t tackle the point that tge modules should include at least one campaign by the developer.

Hopefully it is on the to do list by 2025 or whenever

The new F5-E campaign Black Sea Resolve '79 is being prepared for official release. Hopefully we'll see this soon!

The Black Sea Resolve was ready since February/March. ED has all they need to release it, except maybe time to get it in the queue. Or however that process works.

The main reason I created this campaign was the fact that there was no campaign with the module.

Maybe one day....

The Black Sea Resolve was ready since February/March. ED has all they need to release it, except maybe time to get it in the queue. Or however that process works.

The main reason I created this campaign was the fact that there was no campaign with the module.

Maybe one day....

Is the campaign available on the User Files section at the moment?

Is the campaign available on the User Files section at the moment?

Negative. You can't put a fully made campaign there. The maximum upload size is 100 Mb if i recall correctly. With skins, voiceovers missions, PDF's for planning you are looking at something close to 300 Mb, and this should be a DLC eventually.