How do I take off from the carrier?

barthelby

hello

first sorry for my bad english :music_whistling:

So it's about the 5 time that my F18 is stuck on the carrier during take off. I push "U" to lock the plane on the track, i check that the barrier behind my plane is up. i go full PC the plane start shaking and.... nothing...

is it a known bug or i'm the lucky one ? :pilotfly:

thanks for your answers :D

bug carrier.trk

hello

first sorry for my bad english :music_whistling:

So it's about the 5 time that my F18 is stuck on the carrier during take off. I push "U" to lock the plane on the track, i check that the barrier behind my plane is up. i go full PC the plane start shaking and.... nothing...

is it a known bug or i'm the lucky one ? :pilotfly:

thanks for your answers :D

Have you taken off before with no problem? I have not had this happen to me but I thought that I would post some links in case you see something missing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1Rsn65d8Qzy4T9A8435sYw

Edited by Catseye

I did a cold start on the deck and I was not able to reproduce this.

One thing I did differently was that in my ME, Stennis is sailing at 25kts and not default 11kts like yours. I am not sure if that would make the difference though... will try to check next time ...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Sometimes it happens when you're not correctly aligned with the cat (in some missions you're forced to turn right for cat 1 without having the right space to align properly). If you can't take off after 3-4 seconds with throttle at MIL just got back to idle, disengage the lock pressing U and align again

Sometimes I've noticed you have to raise the launch bar again so that it tensions on the shuttle. Then you can launch.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Proper procedure is to set the launch bar switch to retract once connected to the shuttle. Obviously the bar will not physically retract once connected.

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

That might be proper procedure, but it doesn't inhibit launch - I do it all the time.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: