Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop

dburne

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/1/14779460/oculus-rift-touch-vr-bundle-price-drop-200

Oculus has announced a 200.00 price reduction for Rift + Touch ( 100.00 off Rift, 100.00 off Touch), if you have been holding off waiting due to cost, or next generation, now may be the time. They also state Gen 2, or whatever it will be called, is still in early development and at least a couple years away...

Also, I believe those of us that bought Touch in the last 30 days at full price can qualify for a 50.00 Oculus Store credit - I am going to check that out as I may qualify on that one.

Just my luck lol, I think I got the Rift about 6 weeks or so ago, and Touch probably in last 30 days.

Anyway appears to be a permanent reduction, so that is good for those wanting to get in VR. I absolutely love my Rift + Touch.

Edit: Just checked, got the Touch controllers ( full price) on Feb 18th, will pursue the 50.00 store credit at least.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Seriously, I just bought my Rift last Thursday.

:doh:

I feel your pain...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I did get it without the touch, so maybe I'll think about picking that up.

I am loving mine.

Don B

My Rift was delivered yesterday, bugger!

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

I announced similar scenario month ago on this forum and even I am surprised how fast its get true. It was expected but not that fast and with the time will be drop even more because production price of the rift is below 100$.

Also I don't believe second gen will come in 3 year because already on the market is few more advanced VR than CV1 is with good potential and some in final faze of getting out to the market. In 2 - 3 year I'm expecting completly new generation of VR with 210 FOV, eye tracking and Liquid VR technology build in and that will be game changer providing proper full realistic VR experiance with less hardware demanding.

I just got an email from Oculus stating since my Touch controllers were registered in the last 30 days , I will be receiving an Oculus store credit for 50.00 to apply to future purchase. At least I got a little something out of it.

Don B

I just got an email from Oculus stating since my Touch controllers were registered in the last 30 days , I will be receiving an Oculus store credit for 50.00 to apply to future purchase. At least I got a little something out of it.

Unfortunately, I pre-ordered mine. Ah well!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I like this Rift so much the fact that I spent an extra $100 bothers me not.

In the grand scheme of things, I agree. You always pay a premium for the latest tech. I have purchased many things, over the years, that could have been purchased for less, had I waited.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Any price drop of this magnitude is going to be bitter-sweet as some people will have purchased at just the wrong time. This is good move by Oculus though. I wasn't expecting any kind of price drop until the end of April, the 1st anniversary of the (rather botched) launch.

I like this Rift so much the fact that I spent an extra $100 bothers me not.

I tend to agree as well, having just got mine in late January. I am just not that bothered by the reduction, it is good for the community and the growth of VR.

Don B

For those of you with a rift but no touch,this is the perfect time to get touch at 99 dollars even if you are only into sims. A CV1 without touch is like going back to DK1, its that good!!

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

They are very neat, no doubt about it, but if you are only interested in sims then they really are just a bit of a novelty. I found I was buying games just to have something to do with them.

I have enjoyed playing The Climb, and Arizona Sunshine, but at the end of the day, for me, the best VR experience is with DCS.

Well, me as well just purchased a RIFT. For arround 799CHF (800$) bundled with the Touch Controller. I think it's not a bad price at all. It's arround 50 CHF more expensive than ordering from Oculus directly, but at least my retailer just swaped out my device after a defect... And I got of course the 50$ Store Credits (plus the new Robo Recall for free (awesome game btw).

Couldnt be happier.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

W O W!!! Fantastic opportunity for those still on the "VR Fence" to jump in and experience the wonderful immersion that a PC Flight Simulation can provide.

I've had my Rift since June of last year ad I can honestly say it has paid for itself with The Great Enjoyment I've gotten from it. I did not purchase The Touch Controllers yet so to save on those is great news!!!!

Patrick

mini.gif

I can honestly say it has paid for itself with The Great Enjoyment I've gotten from it. I did not purchase The Touch Controllers yet so to save on those is great news!!!!

I would encourage you to consider giving them a try, especially with the huge price drop on them.

They opened up a whole new world of gaming for me, I have enjoyed them so far.

Don B

W O W!!! Fantastic opportunity for those still on the "VR Fence" to jump in and experience the wonderful immersion that a PC Flight Simulation can provide.

I've had my Rift since June of last year ad I can honestly say it has paid for itself with The Great Enjoyment I've gotten from it. I did not purchase The Touch Controllers yet so to save on those is great news!!!!

That's precisely what happened to me!!,this price reduction has been the "little push" made me to leap to VR, when I saw the first message in this thread I said "It's now or never", hope to receive my CV1 with Touch next Tuesday.

• Like 1

My system: i7 9700K @ 3,6 GHz, 32 Gb RAM 2400 MHz, Gigabyte GTX 1080, 240 Gb SSD, Windows 10 64 bits, HOTAS Cougar, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIr 5.0, Wheel Stand Pro v2, Gametrix JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift S

That's precisely what happened to me!!,this price reduction has been the "little push" made me to leap to VR, when I saw the first message in this thread I said "It's now or never", hope to receive my CV1 with Touch next Tuesday.

It's better than you are already imagining in your head. Seriously. No amount of reviews or videos can prepare you for what is coming.

It's better than you are already imagining in your head. Seriously. No amount of reviews or videos can prepare you for what is coming.

You got that right, agree completely.

No way did I ever imagine it would be as good and immersive as it is.

Don B