MiG-21 updates

theGozr

Hmm yeah no viggen for me i m happy with the miggie but i am worried if i don't update to 1.5.6 i won't be able to connect to the AO server as i don't fly offline.

Hopefully i just need to update 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 , i have a backup already. Let's see will probably update in a bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Isn' t 28deg the max AoA? That sounds reasonable for a short takeoff. You just go for max lift.

These delta wings make a lot of lift at high AoA,...

I will do some test now....

I read storries of migs with about 70knots beeing flown and still are able to manoever, at very high AoA. ( while having a F14 flying even slower in the back)

Edited by HugePanic

I will have to check again will do that tomorrow. I usually keep pitch below 20 not to get into a stall on those short takeoffs. Don't think i was reading the AOA meter not always easy to during these kinda runs :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I just did some tests:

The Mig is now definitely NOT locking in AoA. I just don´t know if this was fixed earlier.

She is more agile around pitch axis, I was pulling easy 10g´s on one maneuver, I don´t think that happen often before.

At high AoA and full flaps she is tumbling in and out of a stall. With lot´s of rudder (aileron is about useless) you can controll the roll, but she´s still tumbling. takeoff seems to have more pitch authority, at landing she feels needs alittle bit more pitch (on the stick).

In the past I could crawl around a airport with full flaps, airbrakes and gear-out easily at a high pitch angle. This is now a little bit more complicated, due to the tumbling..

I would say it is better now, since more pitch authority. If this is realistic? I hope.

From the point of a model airplane, I would say they have now moved the CoG slightly aft. :joystick:

@hugepanic

Yes as i mentioned above the pitch feels way too light no inertia and yes COG seems to be shifted.

In fact i can't get her out of a stall, can't fly her low speed with full flaps as she more difficult, she has her nose bouncing on approach but not too much

I hope this is a realistic behavior because it took me almost more than a year to handle the mig and i don't want to spend one more to handle her new characteristic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

@hugepanic

Yes as i mentioned above the pitch feels way too light no inertia and yes COG seems to be shifted.

In fact i can't get her out of a stall, can't fly her low speed with full flaps as she more difficult, she has her nose bouncing on approach but not too much

I hope this is a realistic behavior because it took me almost more than a year to handle the mig and i don't want to spend one more to handle her new characteristic.

This is my worry. I remember Last year I had a great handle on the FM and loved it and then there was a major change to it and all of a sudden I could not land it right anymore, it was awful. I left the module and came back to it at the end of last year and have re-learned all of it and love it again. Im very disturbed to hear they have been messing around with the FM again, I am not sure whether its preferable just to leave it in whatever state its in and call it a day with the FM or to continually do this screwing around with it.

New roll inertia is better, but I still can't fly the Mig-21 in DCS.

50% of the time the IR missiles can't lock-on to anything.

25% of the time flares/chaff will not dispense.

50% of the time the radar will not warm up and power on in NTTR.

But yeah, she rolls nice now.:beer:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

New roll inertia is better, but I still can't fly the Mig-21 in DCS.

50% of the time the IR missiles can't lock-on to anything.

25% of the time flares/chaff will not dispense.

50% of the time the radar will not warm up and power on in NTTR.

But yeah, she rolls nice now.:beer:

Here I thought I was a half wit. Struggling with a bit of things. But I'll keep the faith, and it'll get sorted out. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

This is my worry. I remember Last year I had a great handle on the FM and loved it and then there was a major change to it and all of a sudden I could not land it right anymore, it was awful. I left the module and came back to it at the end of last year and have re-learned all of it and love it again. Im very disturbed to hear they have been messing around with the FM again, I am not sure whether its preferable just to leave it in whatever state its in and call it a day with the FM or to continually do this screwing around with it.

I hope they finalize it close as possible to the real thing , don't know if the current or the previous FM changes are real or can the module be made as realistic ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC