Mirage FoV and pilot view

theGozr

Something that i have a very hard time with is the horrible pilots position, way too high and far back .. The ratio with the gun sight and the gauges are off.. while seating down you may need binoculars to read the gauges.( need help I can provide )

The 3D model of interior cockpit design and it need some tlc fix.. each time I start the Mirage i see this mistake. while putting at a more correct fov the cockpit starting to fisheye badly and this is at ofcourse 95 FOV no more, I did correct my pilot position but the gun seems out of proportion.

Any fix in the upcoming update? and ofcourse this goes with FFB.

Thx

Fly it like you stole it..

95 deg is a really wide FoV, the standard in video games at 1080p is about 75 deg. So the fisheye effect is to be expected at 95 deg. I agree the instruments are hard to read in comparison to the armament panel and HUD, but that seems to be because the instruments are just really small and the HUD's base sticks out past the rest of the instrument panel substantially. A quick search of Mirage 2000 cockpits on google shows this to be at least qualitatively correct. Only thing I can say about it is send your complaints to Dassault Aviation.

Agree, nothing can be done about the cockpit layout. However, I wouldn't complain if RAZBAM made some of the analog instruments (particularly the HSI and primary ADI) exportable so we could either put them on a separate monitor for ease in reading them. With the HSI in particular it is very difficult to see what nave mode mode is selected.

King_Hrothgar no 90 is the standard 95 is good above is too wide but anyway this is not even a question of FoV but more of a ratio gauges with the gun sigh or the central unit.. and eyes position of the pilot ..

The hud is in front of the eye in RL yes but something is off with RazBam.. maybe is this weird Neck vertical setting.. but i cannot find the setting for vertical neck.. move head up and down and it's not good.

This cockpit feels like it was made for FSX hat switches users only

What I do is adjust my FOV to what I want it and then save it. You are fine until you play mission again or play a different mission. Every time I play another scenario or replay the one I just finished, I have to readjust FOV again and save again.

This only happens in official 1.5.

What I do is adjust my FOV to what I want it and then save it. You are fine until you play mission again or play a different mission. Every time I play another scenario or replay the one I just finished, I have to readjust FOV again and save again.

This only happens in official 1.5.

Check the link in post #5.

For console games 60-75* is normal, for PC games, 85-100* is normal. The difference is attributable to the expected distance between screen and eyeball; the closer you sit, the wider your brain expects the FoV to be. Values over 105 will seem distorted at any viewing distance.

Trying to figure out if this is correct

All my aircraft FoV are set to 95 maxed out zoom and normal at 75 for gauges read details but I fly at 95 with all a reset to a better eyes position which are all need to be set. teh most important is the eyes position not the fov since we all have different systems and taste, but the eyes should stay where the pilot is suppose to be.

I have a view.lua here check it out but it will change soon, just s atest

The problem is due to this weird neck setting even at 0 and I have no idea where to lower it in vertical axis.. I really think it is the problem source .. turn your head up and down and you'll see the problem.

Too much neck even when set to : ShoulderSize = 0.00,

Edited by theGozr

@grunf yes thanks I know but this doesn't help at all i do not want my head to go all over the place while fighting like it was before on lockon and my 6DOF mod but the problem lay on where the center of the sight was choosen it is completely off, The head should look angle more down not like it is now and this neck must be reduced considerably .. just look around while centering your eyes on the sight.. completely over down but must be great for hats switchers.

So i consider this as a bug or a mistake and must be fixed.. also you see that the 3D sight maybe be over sized as well and I'm looking for more measurement.

A great plane but it is a pain to fly it...

Edited by theGozr

Ok found the tilt down I forgot all about it..

For those who don't know how to adjust the default view on your own, it's quite simple:

1.Default snapviews saving in "options" must be ON first.

While in seat in your virtual cockpit plz do this,

2. RAlt+RCtrl+numpad keys : Adjust your desired view

3. RAlt+KP0 : Saved default view

Than my previous views.lua set much better now try it and make sure to set a normal and zoomed out view on your hat switch or similar easy access like in IL2.

But it's still wrong from start and be fixed.

Edited by theGozr