Full Aerodrome Chart with Legends

StrikeTrigger

• 3 months later...

Hi. I have same the question, can't find this information. On a page 62 of Su-25T manual you can see this:

Hv2nsrY.jpg

Does such a list, with ID and alternate order exist for Persian Gulf or Nevada?

I have never spotted that list before. But then burying it in the back of the SU-25T manual is not the best place for it. Its fair to say there is not one for PG. The best I have found is this: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303320/?sphrase_id=1652436 which we incorporated into the TFK operating notes with an acknowledgement but its missing Liwa and Ras Al that I've had to create. I've noticed though atleast one chance with the deletion of TACAN from Khasab. Its fair to say Khasab has been my primary focus over the last few weeks as a key diversion field on the way back from Iran.

I am slowly starting to do a set of diagrams similar to what I did for Caucaus however the way the engine renders F10 now complicates matters significantly as it forces text approach paths and an arbitrary airfield boundary circle onto the drawing which need to be edited and includes Elevation data as contour shading.

When I did my original maps you could screenshot F10 and run through a couple steps to get a useable diagram, now there's a lot more involved.

There is also the complexity that originally Taxiway markers were place holder on the diagrams as the sim didnt display them. so it will be necessary to visit a number if not all of the airfields and physically check whats posted there.

I'm kind of playing with this around trying to finish my threat summaries for aircraft which I intend to roll into my FENCE checks diagram, but the amount of work involved for one airfield means its several weeks away at best if I made a proper effort.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Actually heres a sample, takes a little time to do but not a bad output

chart.png

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Yes, diagram are always welcome. Thank you all for that extra work. We should have this documentation with every terrain from day one. This is sad that standards going down, I suppose Syria will come out without those charts too. I use the one from 476th. instead of diagrams for all airports, a one properly made for one military base would be good for me.

For Mariana Islands, Andersen AFB you can find good documentation over web in pdf, with all the military procedures, etc. I wish to have something like this, for every theater and both sides, red and blue in DCS. Even if fictional made by map authors, that would add a lot of deep to DCS World and help to build scenarios.

Anyway, I stole this topic for aerodrome IDs. I made my own list for Persian Gulf. I needed that for proper planing of alternate airports for my flights or AI's.

The problem is when you have in a scenario a 747 that have to be send to alternate, you need to know the right airport for that big palne. Similar situation with military planes. I would like to use military airbases, true to reality. Not to send a planes on a airport that in real life is a small, sport stripe. To do this right you need some basic knowledge about airports or that fast, handy IDs list.

I done little googling and reading and I made a list, with IDs and some basic information about Persian Gulf airports. It can be helpful for MM. I need to test it, will drop it here when is done.

Edited by Glow

I've started a WIP thread for them here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281133

cw1.png