When can we expect critical bugs to be fixed?

bkthunder

Other than setting my UFC panel to "missile" mode is there anything else I should be doing before starting the fight?

I've read and seen lots of articles regarding cooling of the seeker head, uncaging the seeker head.

Am I supposed to be doing these thing manually or are they done for me as soon I switch to missile mode?

Select Jettison switch to Off

External Stores selector to Safe

Gun/Msl/Camera switch to up position.

Missile pylon switches to up position.

Wait for lock tone and shoot.

Seeker uncage is only done once you have a lock and really only if you need to pull lead on a maneuvering target.

Seeker cooling isn't normally an issue. To be frank, given the current state of the F-5, the occasional delay/failure to lock we're seeing is probably just a bug and not a simulation of anything.

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Can anyone try to reproduce the bug related to headwind and tailwind requiring different thrust settings to maintain the same IAS?

It seems to me this one is solved. Couldn't reproduce at 30.000ft with 99kts of wind.

The other 2 bugs are still present in OpenBeta 2.5.6.50979.

I just re-tested. NOT SOLVED AT ALL is the conclusion.

The behavior is exactly the same as originally described with same conditions.

:cry:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

:( That's not good...

I must have missed one of the conditions then somehow.

Any chance you could attach a track bkthunder??

The one in the original post doesn't work for me (always crashes into the ground)

Cheers,

Sylvain

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog #11615

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

DLC ver.2.0, I'm sure will solve all the problems. Prior purchasers of the F-5 will receive a modest discount.

What do you mean DLC 2.0?

The existing F-5E is a fully workable cockpit. Other than fixing the bugs what else is there to change that we would have to pay for an upgrade?

If there is an upgrade coming out it means we've paid for a substandard version than the upgrade should be a substantial discount not a modest one.

Edited by msmith301

Other than fixing the bugs what else is there to change that we would have to pay for an upgrade?

Fixing the bugs, sad, sad lol. :mad:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Sorry to hear no work done on the F-5E bugs. Even though this last update was suppose to be all about bug fixing. Maybe next time eh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

ED has a lot of coals in the fire. They are constantly trying to bring old content up to current standards while continuously improving the current standards. The Ka-50 and A-10C are getting some love. But that still leaves a lot of older modules that need the same treatment: P-51/Fw190D, F-86/MiG-15, etc. The F-5 is sandwiched in the middle between the oldest and newest modules. The UH-1 came out before the F-5 as well and is still waiting to get promised features, including multiplayer crew support.

As long as ED keeps moving forward, doesn't go out of business, and finishes most of this before I get too old to enjoy it, I will be happy. But there are no guarantees. Despite ED never finishing any modules and against my better judgement, I keep pumping money into nearly everything they turn out. All I can do is provide financial support and patiently hope for the best. I would love to see the F-5 have all the bugs squashed and brought up to current module standards. But I don't know if that is ever going to happen based on my experience for the past several years. Fingers crossed and enjoying what is presently available as much as possible. :drink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Despite ED never finishing any modules and against my better judgement, I keep pumping money into nearly everything they turn out. :drink:

Yep, that's exactly why ED has no reason to fix or finish anything. Thank you for your service :doh:

Despite ED never finishing any modules and against my better judgement, I keep pumping money into nearly everything they turn out.

You're part of the problem.

You have conditioned yourself to expect way less than 100% and still continue financially support a broken process and obligation to keep paid software in a working order.

I dont expect any upgrades or expansion of the current F-5E for free, but fixing the long standing issues, I do. Seems they have too many problems to bother now that money has been exchanged.

When I first joined the ED/DCS family I thought I had finally found something that was above the simple money grabbing corporate game developers.

I thought DCS and ED was a group of flight simmers themselves who actually cared about what they were putting out. I hope my views of them where not wrong.

Something as big and intense as ED/DCS should be....

"Flight Sims, For Simmers, By Simmers!!"

While I can understand them having a lot of irons in the fire so to speak for the money that these modules cost they should still have a dedicated group to just fixing bugs.

From there presentation video the F-14 took 4 years to develop. That's a lot of time and dedication to something. Hope it's as good as the presentation videos make it look.

So tell me how much more progress will be made in bug fixes, patches, etc. if everyone that has a buggy module stops buying DCS products?

If you understand business in general, for any progress of any kind to be made, cash flow has to be there first. If you understand the history of PC flight sims, it is a niche market, so what few customers you have need to stay and keep spending money or development stops.

So, you should thank me for my service, because people like me pumping money into DCS is the only thing that keeps up any progress at all.

I never had Flanker, but I have LOMAC, Flaming Cliffs, Flaming Cliffs 2, DCS Ka-50, DCS A-10C. I never liked any of those, but I tried them all. LOMAC/FC had horrible flight modeling and I don't care much for the age of AMRAAM and all-aspect IRMs. Ka-50 and A-10C were amazing study sims, but I don't really have any interest in flying those aircraft and especially the mud moving missions associated with them.

I much prefer flying air superiority type missions, especially ones that require WVR dogfighting. Then in a relatively short time came the P-51D, F-86, and UH-1, which are among my favorite aircraft of all time and not too long after came the Fw190D9, MiG-15, and Mi-8. But the airplane that really sold me on DCS World was the MiG-21bis.

When Flaming Cliffs 3 got the professional flight model upgrades, it just kept getting better. Those upgrades were very costly in time and money and provided for "free", though I think me having paid for LOMAC/FC1/FC2/FC3 wasn't exactly free having paid for the same exact sim to be upgraded 4 times.

ED has a lot going on. They can't fix everything at once, and sometimes they have trouble deciding what to fix first. Economic necessities have sometimes made them shift priorities. Look at how long it took for the long promised and for some long paid for Nevada to be delivered. As long as they remain profitable enough to sustain their existence and continue to make progress, I will be patient and continue to buy their new releases that I like. So far, the only things I haven't bought are the JF-17, any of the GPS addons, and most of the campaigns. But I have all other aircraft modules and terrains.

I did get burned by two purchases: the Hawk and the P-40F, both of which were by VEAO. What irritated me is when they adapted the P-40F to another sim and started selling it while never releasing it for DCS. But that sim went out of business not long after that, and VEAO's new company did, too.

I do not count the F-5E as a loss. It is one of the modules I have flown the most despite any flaws. Overall, it was well done and it really only needs a few minor tweaks beyond having the models/textures brought up to current standards. ED's slow response to fixing the relatively functional F-5 is understandable to me. It certainly doesn't justify some kind of boycott that could put DCS World out of business.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...From there presentation video the F-14 took 4 years to develop. That's a lot of time and dedication to something. Hope it's as good as the presentation videos make it look.

F-14 has been developed by Heatblur (3rd party developer), not ED and it shows. While it took long time they released practically complete F-14B module (with some minor missing features) same as their module before.

Im so happy with F-14 module that I actually want all modules to be made by HB only (Heatblurs F-4 Phantom II needs to be a thing).

ED on the other hand released F-18, and especially F-16 in a sorry state, and finished product are no where to be seen. Hell the UH-1 still does not have multicrew capability and F-5 have not been touched in many months.

I for one am not buying any ED module in EA anymore and those finished only after they fix/finish whats already out (well I will buy maps, unless it will come to "we have a sand map with one village and half an airfield - rest further in EA")

(Heatblurs F-4 Phantom II needs to be a thing).

If they come out with the F-4 Phantom then we have to have a Vietnam era map.

F-4s, Mig-17s, Mig-21s, UH-1s. Add in to that the third party A4-E Skyhawk.

If all that's not a reason for a 60s southeast Asia map I don't know what is.

But I'm getting a little off topic.

You're part of the problem.

You have conditioned yourself to expect way less than 100% and still continue financially support a broken process and obligation to keep paid software in a working order.

I dont expect any upgrades or expansion of the current F-5E for free, but fixing the long standing issues, I do. Seems they have too many problems to bother now that money has been exchanged.

None of the long standing issues stop me from having quite a bit of fun flying the F-5. So, yes, by your standards I, too, am proudly part of the problem. Thank you for your recognition.

Now, when will DCS get busy and give me an opportunity to give them money? I don't expect perfection (nothing ever is), just entertainment and enjoyment.

So tell me how much more progress will be made in bug fixes, patches, etc. if everyone that has a buggy module stops buying DCS products?

If you understand business in general, for any progress of any kind to be made, cash flow has to be there first. If you understand the history of PC flight sims, it is a niche market, so what few customers you have need to stay and keep spending money or development stops.

So, you should thank me for my service, because people like me pumping money into DCS is the only thing that keeps up any progress at all.

No we shouldn’t. Yes, cash flow should be there, but not at any price.And if people stopped buying after bad experiences the cash flow would drain.

This would definitely force ED to reassess their way of doing business and they would ask themselves if they should better spend some more attention to product care. Which would finally be a good thing.

People like you who buy basically everything just to support ED are achieving the opposite.

This behavior just sends ED the message

„Everything is fine, keep going the way you are, pump out unfinished EA products, let older products stay or become buggy, we buy everything anyway“.

So don‘t expect things to change then.

Regards,

Snappy

and it really only needs a few minor tweaks beyond having the models/textures brought up to current standards. ED's slow response to fixing the relatively functional F-5 is understandable to me. It certainly doesn't justify some kind of boycott that could put DCS World out of business.

You are delusional. The flight model is TOTALLY BROKEN if you still didn't get that.

You can't even call it a simulator because it's based off the WRONG data. That's how broken it is.

The airplane is using ground speed as reference, this is not even a bug, it's a fundamental error in the simulation that renders anything in its FM worthless, and I mean that literally.

Have some wind in the mission and you get more or less thrust/lift/drag depending on which direction you point your nose, I mean you can defend anything you want but downplaying something like this means you either have a deep lack of understanding, or you are deliberately trying to sabotage those who reported these bugs and rightfully expect them to be fixed.

Sure you can enjoy it if you want, but don't say it just needs small fixes because that's simply not true.

You are delusional. The flight model is TOTALLY BROKEN if you still didn't get that.

You can't even call it a simulator because it's based off the WRONG data. That's how broken it is.

The airplane is using ground speed as reference, this is not even a bug, it's a fundamental error in the simulation that renders anything in its FM worthless, and I mean that literally.

Have some wind in the mission and you get more or less thrust/lift/drag depending on which direction you point your nose, I mean you can defend anything you want but downplaying something like this means you either have a deep lack of understanding, or you are deliberately trying to sabotage those who reported these bugs and rightfully expect them to be fixed.

Sure you can enjoy it if you want, but don't say it just needs small fixes because that's simply not true.

How can one of the major simulation developer for ED (Belsimtek) making such a big mistake like that?

How can one of the major simulation developer for ED (Belsimtek) making such a big mistake like that?

Agreed.

One of the reasons I went with DCS over any other was because of everything I read about how the simulators where as close to the real thing when it came to the individual module characteristics as there is.

I was really saddened to find out when I started looking at the flight model characteristics of each plane that the sims I was flying in the past where all pretty much based around the same flight characteristics or flight envelope no matter what you flew in the game. None of them had their own distinct flight characteristics.

In DCS the way that say the F-14 has that nasty reverse roll if you don't use your rudders to help you in a turn. Or the way it starts to shake when on the verge of a stall. But go to the F-5, F-16 or F-15 and you just turn and pull for a tight turn. Try that in the F-14 and your flipping back the other way.

Don't get me wrong I love the game and won't stop playing it but I hope the developers use this insight into trying to improve it instead of just accepting what's here and moving on to the next module.

They need a team who's only job is going back and fixing bugs and wrong characteristics if they want DCS to continue to be more than just another video game company.

Everything I've read here will make me do a little more forum searching to insure the next module I buy does not have a bunch of issues that will only make it frustrating to use.

Edited by msmith301

Agreed.

One of the reasons I went with DCS over any other was because of everything I read about how the simulators where as close to the real thing when it came to the individual module characteristics as there is.

I was really saddened to find out when I started looking at the flight model characteristics of each plane that the sims I was flying in the past where all pretty much based around the same flight characteristics or flight envelope no matter what you flew in the game. None of them had their own distinct flight characteristics.

In DCS the way that say the F-14 has that nasty reverse roll if you don't use your rudders to help you in a turn. Or the way it starts to shake when on the verge of a stall. But go to the F-5, F-16 or F-15 and you just turn and pull for a tight turn. Try that in the F-14 and your flipping back the other way.

Don't get me wrong I love the game and won't stop playing it but I hope the developers use this insight into trying to improve it instead of just accepting what's here and moving on to the next module.

They need a team who's only job is going back and fixing bugs and wrong characteristics if they want DCS to continue to be more than just another video game company.

Everything I've read here will make me do a little more forum searching to insure the next module I buy does not have a bunch of issues that will only make it frustrating to use.

Here here! Well said i agree whole heartedly.

This elite task force of unknown operatives from around the globe will be summoned and hence forth known as "The Legacy Legion" and they will be tasked with restoring order to the virtual combat universe for the benefit of all Sim-kind :):lol:

• ED Team

The flight model is not totally broken, we are looking into the tail wind issue, and it has been a complicated issue for sure and has taken more time than we would have liked, but totally broken, you exaggerate.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2