OPERATION CAGE THE BEAR (F/A-18C HORNET CAMPAIGN)

kaba

Mission 7 Shell is still bugged , it will accept commands to rejoin, it wont accept any position as ready for precontact, and many times it ignores the radio calls entirely ... (yes i'm on the right channel, and yes i am in position for precontact).

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm stuck on mission 10. What are the winning conditions for the raid on Mozdok airbase?

All flights drop their ordnance and all bandits are down. But i never get any RTB call.

Am I doing something wrong here?

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

Cornflex - Did any of the ground attackers get destroyed?

Did you call in all ground attackers?

There is a fairly forgiving scoring system to work out if you win based on how many attackers make their attacks.

• Like 1

I get the calls that SA-Missiles have been destroyed but nothing more. When flying low over the Mozdok airbase I can still see some manpads but no enemy bombers or stuff like that. I called any available attackers and the CAP flight (via F10).

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

Yes! Finally I made it. The Strike Package destroyed the runway and after that I got the RTB call. Maybe they missed the runway on my first attempt.

Thank you! The campaign was awesome!

Started the campaign this evening and flown the 1st mission: nice job, far more that I was expecting!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

I've completed mission 3 yesterday evening and I think I found one of the best campaign for DCS I've played so far, (just one step below "The Georgian War").

I liked a lot:

... the interceptor's trap at the END of the mission while I was RTB. They forced me to turn back and face them trying to save as much fuel as possible

Very good work!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

At the 3rd attempt of mission 8 I've realized that I was not able to hit the target antenna due I had not set DRAG to RET for MK-82SE :glare:

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Finished the campaign yesterday: well written an fun to play!

Again thank you for your great work.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

If you have a map about the enemy, that's called "Training". :)

Make sense :P

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Great campaign, very enjoyable. One noob question. On the F10 map there are no enemy planes or ground forces showing. any way I can make them visible?

yep there is a way but thats cheating :)

Yes, make a favour to yourself and don't do it.

Beside, following AWACS directions you will be able to find the enemy by yourself without making them visible of the map: just ask for "picture" or "bogey dope"

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Loving the campaign.

Had an issue this weekend with mission 3. Absolutely awesome mission btw. Racing back home flying close to ground through the crevices and gaps between hills while keeping an eye on my 6 and hoping the guys on CAP got them reds before they got me, made for an awesome exciting and memorable experience.

Unfortunately just as i was approaching the Carrier for landing the game hard crashed (first hard crash i've had in DCS) so bad that even on restart the game wasn't running properly (would only render sky). Had to switch planes around to reset the game's initialization and be able to play it again.

Asides from the fact that now (as this things go) i can't seem to beat the mission again, there is also the fear that i'll go through all that again just for it to crash at the end... Can someone confirm they can finish mission 3 without it crashing?

Loving the campaign.

Had an issue this weekend with mission 3. Absolutely awesome mission btw. Racing back home flying close to ground through the crevices and gaps between hills while keeping an eye on my 6 and hoping the guys on CAP got them reds before they got me, made for an awesome exciting and memorable experience.

Unfortunately just as i was approaching the Carrier for landing the game hard crashed (first hard crash i've had in DCS) so bad that even on restart the game wasn't running properly (would only render sky). Had to switch planes around to reset the game's initialization and be able to play it again.

Asides from the fact that now (as this things go) i can't seem to beat the mission again, there is also the fear that i'll go through all that again just for it to crash at the end... Can someone confirm they can finish mission 3 without it crashing?

I just completed the 3rd mission successfully. However, it was in the Tomcat's CTB Campaign.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Loving the campaign.

There was a bug a few versions ago where the AI trying to land on the supercarrier during a CASE II led to a CTD. I'm not sure if this is what you're experiencing.

Your best bet would be to post your log files to the bugs forum please.

• 1 month later...

Just installed the campaign and did mission 1-4 in a row, no issues so far. The campaign is absolutely great. Not too easy and not too difficult, perfect for a chilled singleplayer evening. Well done, Sir!

cheers

• Like 1

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2020 at 2:22 PM, Razor18 said:

And if you line up perpendicular and lay down a string of 4 bombs with 100 feet of separation, you can also get the armor in the parking lot on the same run in...

Worked for me too! Though I did 50ft spacing. Thanks!