terrible flickering while loading a mission/joining a server

D4n

Flickering only inside the Dell Visor thus cannot show what it looks like.

Dell Visor (Windows Mixed Reality)

SteamVR 1.8.21,

Windows 10 1903 build 18362.476

hardware specs in my signature.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I experience heavy flickering at DCS loading screens with my HP Reverb and got used to it. I guess this is an issue with WMR headsets using WMR for SteamVR. If you do not want to look at the flickering screens, as a workaround, you could configure SteamVR to drop back to the SteamVR starting environment when applications do not respond.

BigNewy tested with 3 headsets (also non WMR afaik), ALL are affected.

by "when applications do not respond", do you mean the setting

"pause rendering while the VR headset is idle" ? Will try that.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Nope, doesn't fix it. :/ (maybe occurs less, but still 2-3 times during loading)

I get this effect as well with the recent updates. I am using a Samsung Odyssey WMR headset. I remove the headset during this period to avoid it as it is very annoying. I could imagine those susceptible to seizures definitely would not want to experience it!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ditto, Rift CV1, although its not frequent. I get a few black screens, or half, for a single frame. Like the issue a while back (that got fixed), it seems to happen more frequent on water.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |