<< Mirage FFB ? >>

theGozr

Yeah I was just trying the Mig21 and it has very nice FFB now. So I was looking in the Mig21 files so see if I could just rip the MIgs FFB profiles and stick em in the Mirage folder till we get proper MIrage profiles . But I don't think it is this simple.

WHo ever did the FFB for the Mig21 ? Maybe Razbam can ask them to do the Mirage if razbam guys don't own a FFB stick.

Don't worry its coming, for now use the SIMFFB program to simulate spring force at least. It's kind of lame, but it works.

I wonder what kind of force sensing tech the FBW provides, given that it is a delta aircraft, and the giant wing with its elevons acts just like a standard (oldschool) horizontal stabilizer with elevator, it should be really easy to configure the FBW system to give feedback to the pilot exactly like in the old school WWII birds or the L39C...

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Simple: a number of kg of pressure needed to move the stick.

That would be force application, not force sensing :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

That would be force application, not force sensing :)

Well, AS its a FBW plane i dont Think, it World be realistic to have FFB, but more somre kind of force resistance in The joystick?

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

That's correct, the force vs deflection curve is quite simple. It is linear with deflection but the slope of the curve changes at various deflections. There is no feedback to the stick on what is happening to the controls surfaces but stuff like vibration from gun firing, and other vibrations stuff would be good to have in there as well.

It's absolutely on our radar but Zeus will have to report out time frame for it.

Can we have landing and runway rumble effects please.

FFB must be set from day one imo.. EFM testing with out it is a bit castrated .. I'm worried now about the EFM.. well We are waiting for this fix/update to come I think many are not flying it much due to this problem.

Fly it like you stole it..

FFB must be set from day one imo.. EFM testing with out it is a bit castrated .. I'm worried now about the EFM.. well We are waiting for this fix/update to come I think many are not flying it much due to this problem.

Can you explain to me what's the problem I'm out of the loop here what's FFB?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

That's correct, the force vs deflection curve is quite simple. It is linear with deflection but the slope of the curve changes at various deflections. There is no feedback to the stick on what is happening to the controls surfaces but stuff like vibration from gun firing, and other vibrations stuff would be good to have in there as well.

It's absolutely on our radar but Zeus will have to report out time frame for it.

Please, please no vibration effects for gun firing. Or if they are there make them light enough not to disrupt your aim. Not even the WWII birds 'feature' this, it is very 'gamey' and not realistic at all. As for feedback effects on buffeting that would be very welcome and quite realistic as we have no other way to sense pre-stall behavior.

Please, please no vibration effects for gun firing. Or if they are there make them light enough not to disrupt your aim. Not even the WWII birds 'feature' this, it is very 'gamey' and not realistic at all. As for feedback effects on buffeting that would be very welcome and quite realistic as we have no other way to sense pre-stall behavior.

You could use your AoA meter + TAS to know if your close to stall. I dont think, that The Mirrage Got "Stick shaker" to warn pilot about prestall.

Besidde I would like to Think of this as a sim, and not a game, with all kind of features not pressent irl

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

You could use your AoA meter + TAS to know if your close to stall. I dont think, that The Mirrage Got "Stick shaker" to warn pilot about prestall.

Besidde I would like to Think of this as a sim, and not a game, with all kind of features not pressent irl

What a nice attitude. So in your opinion the real Mirage doesn't shake when experiencing buffeting? Besides, if you don't like stick shake, you can always turn it off. (It's right there in the force feedback options)

*edit*

Nevermind I just read your signature that you have a X52. How does that in any way entitle you to make demands on any force feedback settings or features??

Edited by OnlyforDCS

What a nice attitude. So in your opinion the real Mirage doesn't shake when experiencing buffeting? Besides, if you don't like stick shake, you can always turn it off. (It's right there in the force feedback options)

*edit*

Nevermind I just read your signature that you have a X52. How does that in any way entitle you to make demands on any force feedback settings or features??

Dont realy know what you mean by "nice attitude" it was ment to be an advice to you. But never mind that....

I as every one else is entiled to have an oppinion about what DCS should be and not be, no matter what gear I have. My mind set is toward sim and reality. As I see it, if stick shaker is implented, and its not in The real plane, other pilots have an advantace over me in dogfights, thats not sup to be there. On The other hand, if The Mirrage indeed have stick Shake, it should be implented and Then its my disanvanted on my Owen behalf.

I dont understand you get aggressive towards me, just because I have an oppinion, My reply was in no Way ment to be personale

You don't feel on the stick but the whole aircraft for sure. My setting on shake are at 20%.. what I want is the force on each axis to be there pushing and pulling which is missing on many aircraft IL2 DCS etc etc.. The MiG-21 has a better sens of vibrations and effects .. Mirage should enjoy the same. like I always said country side bumpy road comparison would do good. you can know the difference of external weather while inflight.

Fly it like you stole it..

can someone please link the software that lets you add spring effect please? It would be better than nothing. Can't really fly the MIrage with any FFB.

Had to look up this myself again... was pretty sure I even uploaded them once in the MiG-21bis section, but it seems to be gone. Anyway I think this is the original post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1394206&postcount=18

Here's more, including source:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84883

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg