diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death and taxes. And GG killing dreams. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Apache please :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

If ED wants fresh cash to continue developing soft, will be a fixed wing supersonic.

Another helicopter, there will be lot of people who wont buy as they don´t buy BS, like me.

And people who bought BS and have enough with one helo.

And with lot of luck, a supersonic russian plane :P

Greetings

Fast jet involving carrier ops would be nice. :pilotfly:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Hey, some of the ed teams/programers in russia right? Can you tell mr. oleg to hurry up on that other flight sim.:)

Q6600 3.1Mhz G0 step, 2X HD 5770 in Crossfire, Asus p45, WD 6400 250gb, 4GB 1066Mhz Corsair RAM, Antec 1000w psu, Win 7 64bit home premium, Track ir 4, Saitek Evo Force feedback.

Again I have a friend in Iran who can help us out with the F-14. It will take a few months to get it to wherever ED want's it...but I will only agree if ED make me Lord Inquisitor of Eagle Dynamics with a corner office. Carmel Moore also has to be my secretary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Hidden in the past. :)

Hahahaha. How convenient. :)

Another helicopter, there will be lot of people who wont buy as they don´t buy BS, like me.

And people who bought BS and have enough with one helo.

And with lot of luck, a supersonic russian plane :P

Support ED and BUY Black Shark! Help them be able to make your supersonic Russian plane.

Want next plane - Harrier

Want next chopper - Apache

Think next - Eagle

Edited by Allo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

Here is the original* list:

2- A-10A

3- A-10C Version 3

4- AH-64A Blk. 49A

5- Su-27

6- F-15C

7- Mi-24V

8- F-16C

9- MiG-29A

*released early 2009, short before BS Release

kind regards,

Fire

PS: And I knew, ED wouldn't release both, the A-10A and A-10C. :music_whistling:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If its a helicopter next they should really fix the trees, make them collidable and so AI cant see and shoot through them. And then port the BS to this new tree world ;) Imagine BS with the new AI, HDR and obstructing trees!

If this tree thing still is too hard to fix yet, then perhaps its not a helo next, but a fighter next.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Apache, Apache, ok an f18 would be cool,lol. I would still prefer the Apache :).

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

The Harrier is not a good dogfighting machine, period. It has a high-loaded wing and a very average turn rate. If you run into a real fighter with it, all other things being equal, you're toast.

Thrust vector a bit and there you are. Produces lots of lift and allows for tighter turns. And the Harrier has lots of thrust, more than some others even with full afterburner. Don't forget about that :)

A fully loaded F-16C has an even higher wing loading.

The Harrier just turns at lower speeds.

Not to mention that newer models are capable of delivering AIM-120s... the only real drawback is the inability to reach supersonic speed.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thrust vector a bit and there you are.

You're where?

Produces lots of lift and allows for tighter turns.

Once. I think you misunderstand what it really does.

And the Harrier has lots of thrust, more than some others even with full afterburner. Don't forget about that :)

Strictly at low altitude, and only against -some- and that too is time-limited. Even though the hornet would fall into this category, it'll just viciously out-turn the harrier.

A fully loaded F-16C has an even higher wing loading.

The Harrier just turns at lower speeds.

Higher wing-loading than what? An air to air configured harrier? ;)

Not to mention that newer models are capable of delivering AIM-120s... the only real drawback is the inability to reach supersonic speed.

That's great, but that only helps against lower capability threats, not real air to air platforms - there it increases the chance of survival certainly, but don't delude yourself into thinking you're in anything resembling an advantageous position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You're where?

In a tighter turn compared to not using thrust vectoring.

Once. I think you misunderstand what it really does.
So what does it do? I don't think that 10°-20° of thrust angle cuts the whole speed. But it reduces the AoA. So it may be twice or 3 times if done right. It may be enough to get you into a good position, but it also might be your doom, just like any other maneouver.

Strictly at low altitude, and only against -some- and that too is time-limited. Even though the hornet would fall into this category, it'll just viciously out-turn the harrier.
The Harrier is not made for dogfighting anyway. A skilled pilot in any dedicated fighter will know how to BnZ it anyway. But it has its capabilities to defend itself, more than other planes like A-10, Su-25 and such.

Higher wing-loading than what? An air to air configured harrier? ;)
OK, the F-16's definately better in a plain A-A configuration. But it's a whole different kind of plane anyway. Shouldn't compare these :D

Also, be fair on the good old Harrier, she punches above her weight and i like that, i really, really hope we get a sim for it eventually...

We will: http://www.thunder-works.com/news.htm

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39766 (link not working ATM, dunno why)

They announced a release date for the first out of 3 modules in late 2010. And that announcement is just a month old, so they've to be *very* confident to schedule such a short time till release.

But I doubt this will be DCS-grade simulation, I rather expect FC-level. Still, it's the old Harrier ;).

No questions asked, hands down I think DCS/ED would definately make a killing if they did DCS:F-16.

There is already a huge community waiting for a stable/realistic simulator for this airframe from pit builder's to the entire falcon community. Even with the future release of the mysterious BMS "Super Open Falcon" I don't think making the decision to do the next module as the F-16 would be a bad choice. We have A-10C now with the release of the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, and we already have Thrustmaster's Cougar (F-16 Replica HOTAS) as well as Thrustmaster MFD's. I would be very surprised if DCS made the mistake of not providing the community with a quality F-16 simulator. You can't go wrong from a marketing perspective, this will be the biggest thing since DCS:A-10. Also with the unclassified data available for the F-16, as well as multi-role Air to Air, and Air to Ground capabilities this would be a great addition for the next DCS module in my opinion as well as a HUGE amount of other fan's of the F-16 worldwide.

-HOLIDAY

That pretty much sums it up quite well. I'd like the 18C a bit more, but the 16C is a decent multi-role that many countries use (more than the 18). And it's still in USAF service which gives the possibility of a military contract that grants funding, just like it's the case with the A-10C. The old Hornet is getting replaced by the E/F model which is classified. The F-16 hasn't been replaced by the F-35 yet.

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Also there are tons of countries using the falcon. No need to make up far fetched scenarios like Israel getting the Ka-50 to have it on both sides for online missions.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

If the F16IN goes through, I could see a sim, but less so for a 20 year old version. Though I doubt the IN version would be declassified enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109