[NO BUG] 1.5.7: Texture mods and Integrity Check [FEATURE REQUEST Submitted]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IC Does what it's meant to do, verify's no files have been modified.

if a Server Owner runs his/her server with IC On, then Modified Files will fail IC and not allow a user to join said Server.

If you want to fly with mods, then looking for a server with IC Turned off, or have the server admin turn off IC is the best solution.

It's there to make sure everyone is using the same files. It's doing it's job.

I don't think you get what I'm saying... We don't want IC off, we want it ONLY for weapon mods. Now we have to fix it to allow terrain, cockpit, and all other visual mods but still block weapon mods. I know it's doing it's job, but there was no reason to add visual mods to the IC by default.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Kraut

That's not possible.

Yes, it was at some point. 104th at one point manually blocked sound mods through IC. There is an IC list of files on the server you want checked, and you can add/remove files you do/don't want checked. If that's no longer configurable, that is ridiculous. But last I checked it was.

Edit: it seems I was wrong and this feature is not available anymore and this is from the old IC. We need this back, we should have the option to allow some mods but block others. This should be up to server owners what to allow or block.

Edited by Kraut

Probably. We're discussing the issue.

bin\DCS_updater.exe cleanup

will do this for you.

This would be good, there should at least be a possibility for server owners to allow the usage of texture mods. It's a bit crazy that a hi-res texture mod is blocked the same way as an actual cheat.

• ED Team

I am of the opinion that IC does what it is supposed to do, especially for competitive online play where a modified texture could give an advantage. If the server wants to ensure everyone is using the same.

I agree server owners need more control, and I am sure this is something ED will discuss.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am of the opinion that IC does what it is supposed to do, especially for competitive online play where a modified texture could give an advantage. If the server wants to ensure everyone is using the same.

I agree server owners need more control, and I am sure this is something ED will discuss.

Yes, please, make IC configurable again. This all or nothing approach is not good.

it would be nice if ...i dont know...maybe someone had thought in advance about the fact that Terrain mods and other texture mods are quite popular, instead of Brute Force an IC check that, as far as i know, no one(read:few) asks for. The Multiplayer-SubForum is not filled with crys about that issue. Not to mention that editing textures and LUA files relatet to the terrain gave some older systems a much needed FPS boost...

and as for the "advantage"-argument so often thrown around, then please IC input devices too, because i dont have money for a Thurstmaster-Stick or TrackIR so i am at a disadvantage...

/Sarcasm

again i am absolutly bewildered why ED decided that THIS is so much more important than other issues (unless there is a more...sinister idea behind this to make Tex-Mods unattractive to the general public...for buisness reasons)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• ED Team
again i am absolutly bewildered why ED decided that THIS is so much more important than other issues (unless there is a more...sinister idea behind this to make Tex-Mods unattractive to the general public...for buisness reasons)

Please, no conspiracy theories :D

It is accomplished with the tech which is already in place, so it was not much work to do.

However, it seems we underestimated the popularity of texture mods.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Please, no conspiracy theories :D

It is accomplished with the tech which is already in place, so it was not much work to do.

Glad you all are looking into it c0ff, as I said earlier in the thread this currently makes the TGP useless since ground targets now blend in with the ground. Speaking of that, any word on the TGP or IR models for vehicles so they actually appear hot?

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

What do you mean, Skatezilla, with "go to servers that dont IC" ? How many big servers are there, you think? You think ppl have a great choice other than coming to us, Blueflag or OpenConflict? The newest and youngest addition, which we welcome a lot, would be "through the inferno" which is 99% coop, btw. And I doubt aerobatics, as the remaining server that gets full, needs IC in the way we would.

In the 104th we are hosting the biggest and most populated server since 11 years now, and the only one that has been a constant to this Multiplayer. Of course we IC. We want to provide a fair game. We also dont want ppl to use mods that require everyone to have it or that give an edge, because the three main principles of our server - and what makes it so successfull - are: stability, reliability and accessibility. The latter being most important when trying to make this community grow, which is and always has been our main concern.

But terrain mods? Who is claiming that you can cheat with terrain mods? Where do you get that from? On what server? Please. It's not an issue on the 104th, and as far as I know it is not an issue on Blueflag, it is not an issue on Open Conflict. Those who claim it is, obviously havent flown with a terrain mod, also there has never occured any footage from someone showing "how much better he can spot targets because of a terrain mod".

It has never been an issue with air to ground anyway, those guys are actually happy terrain mods help them use their equipment at all and are more the coop section of MP than actually the competitive section.

It has never been an issue in air to air either, because none of the existing terrain mods makes spotting bandits easier.

Also: a vanilla game does not mean it is a game free of exploits or other ways ppl cheat. A vanilla game is not a must to provide a fair, open and successfull Multiplayer environment either.

Never ever, in 11 years of constant 24/7 hosting, and mind you again, being the only server that also was constantly full for 11 years, have we caught one single client who cheated with terrain mods. That is in more than 80.000 hours of hosting. So, unless you think you share the same amount of experience in creating a Multiplayer environment, please listen to me.

If you think that there is relief among our clients: there isn't. There is only complaints. As we speak I keep getting msgs why terrain mods and other mods don't work on our server anymore, as people now think it would be us, who dont want these mods. (it's not us.)

We do want ppl to use these mods on our server, 100%. And we do want to have the possibility as admins to decide what is ICed and what not, because we actually know what our clients want and need.

That goes for Multiplayer events, too. For more than 6 years now we had no single cheating incident in any Multiplayer event, and I can assure you over 70% of all Multiplayer events in the past 6 years have been organised by us, too. Excluding Coop that is, I am speaking of large scale competitive events. The last person cheating in a Multiplayer event was - you guessed it - Zerol from the Alpha Squad. No one else even attempted it in an event. And the only price money that has been involved in MP events, apart from Rik's event couple years ago, actually came out of our pockets or from sponsors we organized back together with SA-SIM. And I can tell you: cheating isn't an issue in events, at all. And if anyone should be concerned about it, it should be us, and not you. (edit: 6 years, not 8 years, the Zerol incident was 6 years ago.)

So please, we actually agree with the clients. IC should be configurable. And we need terrain mods and configurable IC back ASAP.

Many thanks to Eagle Dynamics, the rest of their work is - as always - beautiful and a joy to fly. Spread the love folks, all will be good, I am sure! :)

S!

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Not only are terrain mods important for looks, but also function. Without terrain mods the TGP in the A-10C is near useless (the last time I tried it without terrain mods), ground units sometimes perfectly blend into the ground.

I am hoping ED rethink making these fail the IC... or else there are going to be a lot of pilots straining to find their target..

if you didnt notice, 1.5.7 brought a huge resolution improvement to tgp displays, including thermal sights.

personally i think contrast boosting mods fall under the category of cheating. you can't just slap on a handicap irl because you feel "strained", you might as well just play a*ma3 with its pushbutton targeting.

Edited by probad

personally i think contrast boosting mods fall under the category of cheating. you can't just slap on a handicap irl because you feel "strained", you might as well just play a*ma3 with its pushbutton targeting.

They don't, they are not contrast boosting mods. There are three terrain mods ppl use: Starway's, Barthek's and Mustang's. Some improved the flir (IR) on the TGP more, the other less. But they improves something which by then was actually broken and not a reflection of "IRL" They are also not created as contrast boosting mods. and there are other ways to boost contrast.

And trust me, in a MP environment, the A10C's TGP is the very least concern when it comes to "cheating". I'll say it again, out of over 80.000 hours hosting: cheating is only a very small issue online in DCS. the rarest actually. and when ppl cheat, they cheat wit more obvious cheats and in air to air, and not in air to ground.

People who chose terrain mods chose them to increase the immersion and use the set of color adjustments each of these three major mods provides as fits to their liking. they dont do it because of the tgp in the a10.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

I have it worse.

I'm getting blocked by IC over texture mods that it claim I have.

I'm not even using texture mods.

you probably had mods installed at one point and they left orphaned files in some folders, so as c0ff noted above, use the updater to clean your install from these files and you should pass IC again.

S!

Heatblur Simulations

What do you mean, Skatezilla, with "go to servers that dont IC" ? How many big servers are there, you think? You think ppl have a great choice other than coming to us, Blueflag or OpenConflict? The newest and youngest addition, which we welcome a lot, would be "through the inferno" which is 99% coop, btw. And I doubt aerobatics, as the remaining server that gets full, needs IC in the way we would.

In the 104th we are hosting the biggest and most populated server since 11 years now, and the only one that has been a constant to this Multiplayer. Of course we IC. We want to provide a fair game. We also dont want ppl to use mods that require everyone to have it or that give an edge, because the three main principles of our server - and what makes it so successfull - are: stability, reliability and accessibility. The latter being most important when trying to make this community grow, which is and always has been our main concern.

But terrain mods? Who is claiming that you can cheat with terrain mods? Where do you get that from? On what server? Please. It's not an issue on the 104th, and as far as I know it is not an issue on Blueflag, it is not an issue on Open Conflict. Those who claim it is, obviously havent flown with a terrain mod, also there has never occured any footage from someone showing "how much better he can spot targets because of a terrain mod".

It has never been an issue with air to ground anyway, those guys are actually happy terrain mods help them use their equipment at all and are more the coop section of MP than actually the competitive section.

It has never been an issue in air to air either, because none of the existing terrain mods makes spotting bandits easier.

Also: a vanilla game does not mean it is a game free of exploits or other ways ppl cheat. A vanilla game is not a must to provide a fair, open and successfull Multiplayer environment either.

Never ever, in 11 years of constant 24/7 hosting, and mind you again, being the only server that also was constantly full for 11 years, have we caught one single client who cheated with terrain mods. That is in more than 80.000 hours of hosting. So, unless you think you share the same amount of experience in creating a Multiplayer environment, please listen to me.

If you think that there is relief among our clients: there isn't. There is only complaints. As we speak I keep getting msgs why terrain mods and other mods don't work on our server anymore, as people now think it would be us, who dont want these mods. (it's not us.)

We do want ppl to use these mods on our server, 100%. And we do want to have the possibility as admins to decide what is ICed and what not, because we actually know what our clients want and need.

That goes for Multiplayer events, too. For more than 6 years now we had no single cheating incident in any Multiplayer event, and I can assure you over 70% of all Multiplayer events in the past 6 years have been organised by us, too. Excluding Coop that is, I am speaking of large scale competitive events. The last person cheating in a Multiplayer event was - you guessed it - Zerol from the Alpha Squad. No one else even attempted it in an event. And the only price money that has been involved in MP events, apart from Rik's event couple years ago, actually came out of our pockets or from sponsors we organized back together with SA-SIM. And I can tell you: cheating isn't an issue in events, at all. And if anyone should be concerned about it, it should be us, and not you. (edit: 6 years, not 8 years, the Zerol incident was 6 years ago.)

So please, we actually agree with the clients. IC should be configurable. And we need terrain mods and configurable IC back ASAP.

Many thanks to Eagle Dynamics, the rest of their work is - as always - beautiful and a joy to fly. Spread the love folks, all will be good, I am sure! :)

S!

I couldn't have said it better myself Mike, normally I would feel bad quoting such a large block of text but in this case I feel it's acceptable.

Common, the default textures are so bad & blurry they should have been fixed long ago! Instead some hard working community members Mustang, Starway and Barthek did it for ED just so the game wold look better;).

They are just ground textures, there's no cheat in that, even with the texture mod ie.the A10C TGP is worse then it was originally.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Considering that ED was pursuing making Starway's texture mod available for sale, another popular one was made by one of your own testers (Mustang) and a third one resulted in a very public forum disturbance, I cannot comprehend how the popularity of texture mods was not abundantly apparent.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agreed, I fly with many MP pilots and I don't know a single one that is running vanilla textures.

I even put myself to a disadvantage with starways because it is horrible for TGP stuff...still worth it.

Anyway, c0ff stated that they underestimated the effect and that more IC control options would be better and even that they're looking into it.

I respect that honesty and cooperation and will patiently leave my aircraft in the hangar until this has been sorted.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I don't mind ED adding terrain mods to the IC for multiplayer but there should have been some communication about why and the thinking going forward to mitigate the whining from people. Maybe if the community managers can do write-ups on changes and post fully featured patch notes it would go a long way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

i don't want to return to default textures. i hope they fix it. i think having such mods don't have something to do with cheating so IC should not refuse these

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I won't return to default textures either. I really hope Eagle Dynamics sets this right, else i won't be playing or buying any new modules until 2.5 arrives.

Edited by otavio
grammar

Ryzen 5 3600x @ GTX 1070 on Samsung Odyssey+

:joystick:

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder

Pedals, TrackIR 4 Pro

During our squadron's daily mission yesterday I disabled all texture mods, after a cleanup/repair of my client. That showed me how much I would miss them, so I re-enabled them.

For the time being, our public server has IC turned off. I hope as well though that ED will revert that change, since IC *IS* useful (to block people from using AIM54s on Mirages etc).

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

if you didnt notice, 1.5.7 brought a huge resolution improvement to tgp displays, including thermal sights.

I haven't had a chance to fly yet, so if 1.5.7 fixed the TGP display then I will be thrilled, up until now the only way I have to see things is with terrain mods (starway, etc).

I didn't use any sort of contrast boosting mod, just mods for terrains (again starway's as an example) that make ground vehicles not perfectly blend with the ground.

Here is a thread I created a while ago with vanilla terrains with my TGP, now this is an old build but the issue still exists as far as I know, that MAY no longer the the case with 1.5.7, but I haven't had a chance to fly it yet: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153396

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

You simply cant fly with Default textures in 1.5 ! Mustangs mod or the others made it fly able, when you get used to other sims, OMG, we are in 2017. I know 2.1 Looks good on Screens, but, lol, ever tried it with some Players on a Server?

Edited by MoGas