Mirage radar CONSTANTLY losing lock on low flying targets!!!

D4n

Huh I thought all of that (ground clutter, me-target line of sight related to horizon) is not modeled in DCS?

So you did not read all the links and info we provided to you in the past ? Because they specifically speak of those effects. We can't help you if you don't read what we are giving you.

Have you tried F-15 AIM-7 in multiplayer too? I am sure it behaves different there (will have to try )

The fact is that I flew the F-15 with AIM-7 in multiplayer before the mirage was released and that it is not different at all from single player (no aircraft behave differently in SP or MP).

The F-15/Su-27/Mig-29/M-2000C all have doppler radars and they share the same weaknesses.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I don't get a technical explanation from Razbam why my radar wouldn't lock the bandit in my tiny boresight circle (the bandit was several thousand feet high in video and radar should've clearly registered him as the only object in mid-air in center of my aiming circle) I won't rest. But no, Razbam radar programmer isn't active in this forum it seems... (Neither are employees of Thales Alania, if that even still is the current name). I will gladly watch your video once I'm on my own and don't have people sitting behind me (am on a journey right now)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Honestly, you're asking noob question: no problem here.

But you don't care/ believe the answers given to you: that's a problem and this is becoming offending.

You don't believe us ? Do your own research on Google !

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

As long as I don't get a technical explanation from Razbam why my radar wouldn't lock the bandit in my tiny boresight circle (the bandit was several thousand feet high in video and radar should've clearly registered him as the only object in mid-air in center of my aiming circle) I won't rest. But no, Razbam radar programmer isn't active in this forum it seems... (Neither are employees of Thales Alania, if that even still is the current name). I will gladly watch your video once I'm on my own and don't have people sitting behind me (am on a journey right now)

I will do it one last time and after that if you don't want to understand I won't give you my help anymore.

Your target was BELOW you with mountains BEHIND him therefore you radar used DOPPLER FILTERING TECHNICS that FILTERED your target because he was in a BEAM ASPECT/NOTCHING meaning that his CLOSING SPEED was the same/very close to your SPEED.

It does not matter if he is at 25 kft, if he is below you and has ground behind him the beam/notch will work. It work this way for all aircrafts in DCS and we already linked you proper counter tactics.

I already linked you this, please read it and apply it and you will see that your effectiveness will skyrocket.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3166760&postcount=7

Edit : I agree with the above posts, not a lot of people share their knowledge about realistic and efficient air to air tactics for the mirage with all the background info you would want (I'm not talking about me, most of my knowledge come from others on this forum or my squadron), and being rude like that won't make them want to keep doing to.

Re-edit : RAZBAM dev DID answer you in the first pages of this thread.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Yeah Zeus from Ecuador replied, not sb. who is (former) employee of Thales afaik? A fighter radar DOES detect when the radar beams reflect way faster from that single object in mid air (even if it's not moving) than from the mountains wayyyy behind and below him... so the radar will (should) filter out which object the radar waves reflect the fastest from and "lock" that object... (or at least the semi active 530D seeker should still track the bouncing off radar waves from the target, even if my radar doesn't lock him, my radar still will throw radar waves at the bandit that reflect and that my 530D seeker should pick up at a range of 5 miles and lower, or?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yeah Zeus from Ecuador replied, not sb. who is (former) employee of Thales afaik? A fighter radar DOES detect when the radar beams reflect way faster from that single object in mid air (even if it's not moving) than from the mountains wayyyy behind and below him... so the radar will (should) filter out which object the radar waves reflect the fastest from and "lock" that object... (or at least the semi active 530D seeker should still track the bouncing off radar waves from the target, even if my radar doesn't lock him, my radar still will throw radar waves at the bandit that reflect and that my 530D seeker should pick up at a range of 5 miles and lower, or?)

Ok, stay in your reality and keep loosing lock.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

s6c05f11.gif

IRL, radar beam isn't a laser beam.

You have the main lobe and you have the side lobes.

While your radar has the power to detect small RCS over 100km, most of the time you're flying lower than 10km, so of course you're receiving side lobes returns.

There are ways to cancel it, but there are drawbacks.

As far as DCS is concerned, M-2000C radar limitations are broadly the same as other AA fighters using radar in DCS World.

There is no disadvantage here. And you can use this as defensive tactic too.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Mirage radar CONSTANTLY losing lock on low flying targets!!!

No. "notching", which is simulated, is the act of placing your aircraft perpendicular, that is at 90 degrees, to the radar beam. It plays against a weakness of pulse doppler radars.

PD radars can look down because they filter out anything that moves below a certain speed in relation to your aircraft. So the terrain is detected but is ignored because it moves too slow.

By notching, what you do is that for a few seconds your relative speed in relation to the enemy radar will be so low that it will filter you out. Yeah, it will reacquire you later but for a precious seconds it will lose you so you can evade its weapons or put yourself in a more advantageous position.

And dadaaa, here is key.

For now our radars dont have track memory in STT , in real life even if lock is lost for moment it wont trash missile instant. If enemy comes out of notch too soon> radar will reaquire. Fox 1 missiles are not so crappy if we get proper radar memory simulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And dadaaa, here is key.

For now our radars dont have track memory in STT , in real life even if lock is lost for moment it wont trash missile instant. If enemy comes out of notch too soon> radar will reaquire. Fox 1 missiles are not so crappy if we get proper radar memory simulation.

Yes, we can see the memory function in action un the F-15 video above.

That's a missing feature currently.

But according to what I see in DanielNL video, it won't change the outcome of his engagements.

Mirage fanatic !

Yes, we can see the memory function in action un the F-15 video above.

That's a missing feature currently.

But according to what I see in DanielNL video, it won't change the outcome of his engagements.

I agree :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]