530D insufficient damage

microvax

This issue has persisted since the second last 1.5.8 patch and I am getting to the point where I fear ED wont fix it.

So I hope you guys can fix it your end.

Both the 530D [especially this] and the magic2 do insignificant damage to the f15 and other planes. The Magic seems more reliable though for some reason.

I append a Track-file and tacview of a case where 2 f15s took a 530d without relevant damage in SP even.

f15 no damage.trk

F15-no damge.zip.acmi.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I don't agree, ED has to fix it and RAZBAM should not alter its missile damage to correct a global issue.

Edit : And spamming the same message in every forum category won't help, to the contrary !!

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I don't agree, ED has to fix it and RAZBAM should not alter its missile damage to correct a global issue.

I do as well on an idealistic level, but given the issue exists for more then 6 weeks at this point, I am quite pessimistic about ED fixing it at all.

And in that case I would prefer a simple warhead power adjustement until this issue gets addressed by ED.

Ideally razbam can just make ED aware, and get the issue fixed, since its their product which is most prominently affected right now and ED didnt officially acknowledge the issue yet.

Im quite literally just trying to get this issue fixed _somehow_. Because the ideal world approach of report to ED and wait has not lead to anything so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still RAZBAM should not alter its missiles.

Idealistically, yes, and if ED acknowledges the issue and is in the process of fixing, hell yes.

But if ED takes a "this is all correct" stance as it does with the missile kinematics, I would still prefer having the missiles working as expected instead of having a "correct" number in some lua file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it speculation or did I miss something ?

Well in the past they have taken a position saying the missiles are kinematically and guidance wise accurate. Since then they have said wanting to rework all of that.

Since the issue is in the wild for more then 8 weeks and ED has only spoken about working on spitfire damage model issues, im starting to get a little worried the issue might stay for quite some time.

Its a generic thing, eagles mostly die from r27 series, but I also had a viggen tank a 530d, same with harrier or anything I shot so far. There is some general issue behind it. But ED hasnt reacted or acknowledged that so far, so Im getting a little worried due to trackrecord with broken missiles. :D

Lets all hope it gets resolved quickly _somehow_.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here, in our last MP mission, each mig21s had to get 2 530s into them to see them kiss the ground... or else they keep on flying, smoking away...

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Complain to ED guys, the missile didn't change :music_whistling:

What changed, then? I'm having no issues with missiles destroying aircraft using the F5s AIM9p5, the Su27s R27s and R73s, the F15s AIM7s and AIM9Ms. But I put 2 530s and a magic into an F15 and all he got was a fuel leak. These were WVR visually confirmed hits. So, is the ED bug only affecting the Mirage?

What changed, then? I'm having no issues with missiles destroying aircraft using the F5s AIM9p5, the Su27s R27s and R73s, the F15s AIM7s and AIM9Ms. But I put 2 530s and a magic into an F15 and all he got was a fuel leak. These were WVR visually confirmed hits. So, is the ED bug only affecting the Mirage?

Go in other rooms of the forum and you will see that there are complains about "flying tanks" from users of other planes than the Mirage (like Flanker for instance).

So it can be a lot of things like changes in damage model or the MP code...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 4 weeks later...

If I may, I confirm that there is definitely a problem with the 530d ...

First if you shoot at more than 10 nm and the radar takes it to the end, then go play the lotto because it's your day ... then if by a miracle it reaches its target then you can observe the scratch on the paint of your opponent ...

Well I exaggerate a little but ... not so much!

But anyway, I must confess ... I love this plane :rotflmao:

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

First if you shoot at more than 10 nm and the radar takes it to the end, then go play the lotto because it's your day

You must be Doing something wrong then, most of my hits are ~18 nm shots, and I'm talking about maneuvering fighter target at ~25kft, you can have greater range firing at higher altitude.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

You must be Doing something wrong then, most of my hits are ~18 nm shots, and I'm talking about maneuvering fighter target at ~25kft, you can have greater range firing at higher altitude.
lol yes I said I exaggerate a little but it's true that I rarely hit targets maneuvering at more than 15 nm.

I think I probably visualize too bad the radar detection cone in 3d space with radar settings and impact on it. I often have to cut and start radar again to redetect something

EDIT:

After severals test it's clear that my way to track target after firing (trying to get it in the hud's double circles was a wrong way)

If I let the target above my horizon, I get far better results even on long distances (around 15nm).

I thought the radar was a little weak but in fact I had two separate problems I didn't realize...

The first is the one I just mentioned above (radar is most efficient from below) but the second is when I am very close from my target and I loose it when it doesn't make sense like when I'm sure that it's right front of me, I now understand it's because closer you are to the target, the more precise and tight is the cone and therefore the margin of error is very small.

(sorry for english, doing my best lol)

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Currently I have difficulties shooting down AI Mig-21bis with the Magic. In last mission I hit the Mig 2 times with a Magic, the external model shows it to be full of holes, but it still flies like a charm and engaging in full combat! I also had an AI Mig dogfighting me without ailerons left.

I guess indeed some planes have become flying tanks lately :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]