Leatherneck SU-22 poll

badger66

Leatherneck SU-22 poll  

1178 members have voted

1. 1. Leatherneck SU-22 poll

• Yeah , I want to see the SU-22
    • No , Im not interested in the SU-22
    • Id like to see something differant from the Russian side ..... mention it .

Yes, I would like it

I prefer the 2nd/3rd gen jets... Less help/guided stuff combined with the Mach 1+ and Mach 2 speeds.

Looking at the Su-22 pics, first thing is that it looks nice. Now, it is an interesting fighter-bomber with variable geometry, gets to Mach 1.7, has long wingspan.

It looks like a mix of a Su-25 with a MiG-23, since differently from the fighter-bomber variants of the Flogger, the Su-22 was a dedicated fighter-bomber since the day it's designers sat down and started to think how they would do it, I suppose.

It's not an aircraft that I would add to DCS before a long list of others. But I feel that if the aircraft adds something good, new and interesting, if the developers can get easier access to it, if they have more knowledge about the aircraft, then I think they should add it.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you guys really gonna clog the MIG-21 forum with polls and stuff that arent related to the MIG-21?

This is a Leatherneck forum. Not the Mig-21 forum

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit | i7-4790K@4GHz | 8GB RAM | GTX970 347.52

Are you really gonna quote a statement that's over a year old and was made when this was the Mig-21 forums??? haha

Lol. Didn't realise. But yes, apparently I am.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit | i7-4790K@4GHz | 8GB RAM | GTX970 347.52

• 1 month later...

The new picture for vote of Su-22

large.gif

:D

Can I do the new gif thumbnail?

Su22m4please_zpsede376d1.gif

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

New skin for Su-22M4.

DGRSZ_A2A_FMS_FM_00042.jpg

DGRSZ_A2A_FMS_FM_00052.jpg

DGRSZ_A2A_FMS_FM_00070.jpg

1f75be979564ec7f8fce5743662d5ec7.jpeg

baf5928b56187f3bd09f4fd8b44070a6.jpeg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

MiG-23ML (D)

MiG-27

Su-22M-4

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SU-15... :thumbup: Tumansky R-13×2 :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by NORTHMAN

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

MiG-31?:music_whistling:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

su-22 is the export variant....

why not later variant su-17?

My guess would be that the request is for the Su-17/22 platform in general with a variant to be determined later.

But the later Su-17 and Su-22 variants were pretty similar

(if they were of the same model for example Su-17M4 and Su-22M4 could be almost identical depending on customer wishes).

the Su-17 and Su-22 were produced side by side the Su-22 designation was just used for any export order even if the aircraft were the same.

Some of the export variants were less capable then the 17 variant it was based of but the later Su-22 variants like the M3 and M4 were pretty much just as capable as the Su-17 M3 and M4 variants they were based of

(they were pretty much the same with just some minor changes).

But then again it was the same for most soviet aircraft types that export aircraft had minor changes done to them the only difference is that in most instances they kept the name of the soviet variant where as in the Case of the 17/22 they got separate designations.

If i would have to pick a Su-17/22 variant i would love if they made either the M3 or M4 variants but would not really matter to me if they decided to make it a 17M3/M4 or a 22M3/M4 since they are so similar and either could more or less completely represent the other (depending on the equipment specified by the customer like TV Display and SEAD capability etc).

Russian ans Americans

Hi.. i would like to see all Fighter Collection in beta stage and gradually developed.

Edited by frodrigues2016

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

I wish someone could make a poll that would be of some actual value to ED, third parties and consumers alike. No offense to OP and the makers of every single other poll out here on these forums. I'd just like a poll of some -use-.

A good poll could introduce some 30-40 airplanes in random order, complete with okay images and a brief description of time in service, their role and arsenal. Such a poll should include a five-point scale by which we can evaluate the relative popularity or devotion each module could boast.* A digital poll could even assemble the airplanes the respondent has marked as most likely to buy (random order again), and then ask the respondent to arrange these by priority of purchase.

I'm not saying ED doesn't do market research, but I've seen no evidence that they do. Nether have I seen LN or BST perform any. Meanwhile the entirety of their userbase** believe to some degree or another that developers factor in popularity when they decide on what products to make.

* How likely are you to buy xx? Not at all // Not likely // Undecided // Somewhat likely // Definitely

** This is a generalization, but it's a fairly obvious one

• 1 month later...

well... I don´t feel so alone after read this post... I love the Su-17M4, I love the MiG-27K J2 and ED must do a full hardcore Su-25A. But they have the knowledge to convert this machines in bits, not me.... So, this is just a wish... :P