Tacca's NVG mod for 2.5+

So does anyone know WTF ED did to the NVG that caused this MOD to stop working? I looked at the MOD_nvg.hlsl file but I can not see anything changed or missing comparing the Default and MOD files??? Has anyone got this working again or is there going to be an Update that fixes the 2.9 SNAFU??? TIA...

3 hours ago, Screamer63 said:

So does anyone know WTF ED did to the NVG that caused this MOD to stop working? I looked at the MOD_nvg.hlsl file but I can not see anything changed or missing comparing the Default and MOD files??? Has anyone got this working again or is there going to be an Update that fixes the 2.9 SNAFU??? TIA...

I previously used this mod with VR and Eye Tracking to fix the issues associated with that.  With 2.9 the mod broke, but the stock DCS implementation of NVGs is really good now.  It is not full screen.  Tubular NVG view where you can see under the googles in VR for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 1:46 AM, 01G8R said:

I previously used this mod with VR and Eye Tracking to fix the issues associated with that.  With 2.9 the mod broke, but the stock DCS implementation of NVGs is really good now.  It is not full screen.  Tubular NVG view where you can see under the googles in VR for me. 

In my case with HP Reverb G2 I cannot see anything under the NVG tube, I would like to be able to raise the NVG vision a little but I don't know how. Another problem is that through NVG the noise is very loud and everything is out of focus (I imagine reality will be that harsh😅).

I just installed this mod from Tacca, version 1.4, on the latest DCS Open Beta 2.9.0.47168 for NVG Full View for the A-10C II and it is working great -- just what I was looking for.  I did set the Noise all the way down to 0.0.  It breaks the IC, though.

Screen_231108_101701.jpg

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I am sorry to ask this here but I have been getting problems in installing the mod and would appreciate the help.

The configuraion root foldetr is C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World. When i first installed it it wokred jsut fine. I tried to disable it and I got an error message that it cannot delete some backup files. Onwards i tried to install it and it failed. The error message is "Fiel copy error for mod "Taccas etc.etc. ", the Mod cannot be installed.

Any idea what is causign this issue?

Thanks

EDIT: I found the problem but I have not solved it - in whole that is. When the mod is installed in Program files/DCS it creates a folder .git. When trying to disable it, for some unknown reason this folder cannot be deleted automatically thus gives the error message that it was not deleted. If I try to re-insall it I get error message I wrote in the first paragraph . Therefore I delete it by hand. Once deleted it can be installed again.

Edited by Anakin1977

• 1 month later...

OK not sure were to ask. I know the developer of this mod does not have VR but may be some one can answer. I fly almost exclusively the UH-60 and no matter how I set the mask size I can't get it to be above the dash. I have it set at .8 and .5 Also a few years ago I had NVG's that looked like the insert were every thing was clear any way to do that again? I also put in a screen shot of mask in the 60 

Screenshot 2024-02-04 122819.png

Screen_240204_123305.jpg

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb