New HP reverb problem. Any help appreciated

jasonstory44

So I must say my Reverb had been performing flawlessly since mid August.

All of a sudden today mid flight both Screens went black. I could see it was still tracking though.

I figured crap...screens are shot.

Tracking is occurring in the WMR portal but keeps cycling as if trying to connect. I just figured the headset display is dead.

Interestingly enough, if I switch the refresh rate from 90 to 60 in the WMR settings, the headset fired right up and works, albeit a lower and crummy refresh rate.

Tried reinstalling NVIDIA drivers. No luck.

Only other change is SteamVR updated to 1.9.5 beta though I don’t think that’s it because I never even fire up SteamVR and it happens in WMR portal at 90 hz

Anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers and happy thanksgiving, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Think you are correct Harlikwin. Runs fine in DCS at 60 hz but for the first time ever I then had to fiddle with the USB as it kept saying isn’t connected to high speed USB when it was.

Are you getting yours replaced?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Yup. They are back ordered so 1-2 weeks. Mine is unusable at this point.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It’s on an externally powered USB. Always has been

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

New headsets at HP are back ordered 2 weeks? That not the impression I got from the HP website

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

New headsets at HP are back ordered 2 weeks? That not the impression I got from the HP website

Warranty replacments are. Witing on screens or some such BS is what i was told yesterday. I will get updated monday.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

just to be sure, go through this check list from reddit, it is primary for Odyssey, but WMR is the same.. (buletooth, usb, cables etc )

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

Warranty replacments are. Witing on screens or some such BS is what i was told yesterday. I will get updated monday.

Are they still replacing the Pro versions vs repairing?

My Mura is pretty bad, and due to the lack of recent Mura complaints, I assume few have this issue. I wonder if I could get a replacement?

Are they still replacing the Pro versions vs repairing?

My Mura is pretty bad, and due to the lack of recent Mura complaints, I assume few have this issue. I wonder if I could get a replacement?

Beats me what I will get. Now "maybe" friday. So 2 weeks instead of 1-2 days.

The ****ed thing being is that you can sure buy a shiny new one online and have it next day.

Beats me what I will get. Now "maybe" friday. So 2 weeks instead of 1-2 days.

The ****ed thing being is that you can sure buy a shiny new one online and have it next day.

Heh, if they were telling me 2 weeks (I've sent back 2 already), I'd be buying one of those new ones, and then do a return immediately once I got it, and send them the broken one back in the box.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Heh, if they were telling me 2 weeks (I've sent back 2 already), I'd be buying one of those new ones, and then do a return immediately once I got it, and send them the broken one back in the box.

Well, I'm not quite that nefarious yet. Plus you gotta register the S/N... But I'm pretty underwhelmed with their CS for a "pro product"...