Kindly need a helping hand, brothers!

Hi guyz

Please I need your help!

I specifically bought a new gaming computer to play DCS on it after hearing about DCS and watching a few YouTube videos. After receiving this new monster machine I downloaded DCS and bought the F/A 18 module and Flaming Cliff 3 in order to get to know the game before buying more modules like Nevada and the AV Harrier. Unfortunately, every time I start the game I can set the options and also hear the background music but the game always freezes when I start an instant mission or training or any campaign. It takes a while to load and after loading, nothing happens. It freezes. If I start in the air, for instance, a landing training the plane does not even fly at all. I am only in the cockpit and nothing happens. Background sound is sometimes on but the game freezes.

And if I start on the Darmag, I can't even start the engine or close the canopy no matter which airplane I choose to do the mission in. A10 or the SU 25 or the F15. Nothing is working and this is soo frustrating. I had so many hopes for DCS and I have spent the last two day trying to find a solution by deleting DCS from my computer and installing it again. I still have the problem. Even if I use "CTRL HOME" or "Right Shift L" to start the engines, as I said nothing happen. Can anyone help me please? I have downloaded and installed the latest GPU Driver.

Can anyone help me please. I am not the smartest person on earth when it comes to computers. I just know what I need to know and the basics. I will not like to give up DCS this early after purchasing all the gadgets and tools.

Even though I have set my Thrustermaster Warthog Hotas to my computer and it still seems that the game recognises it, I have not been able to use it.

I am very grateful for any help and thanks.

Best

inter core i7- 8700K 3.7GHz, Windows 10, NVIDIA TITAN XP 12288MB GDDR5X

If you go into the "Eagle Dynamics" folder created when you installed DCS you will see "Repair DCS". Click that, let it run and see if that helps. I know that has been my solution for a number of problems.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• ED Team

Hi

and welcome to the forum.

try a cleanup and repair, I have a guide in my signature.

if that does not help please attach your dcs.log and we will try and help you

I have a guide in my signature below for logs.

let us know what your system specification is also

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is maybe the best place to have a non-working game.

We'll get you flying ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Ciao Piccolo Papa,ti parlo in italiano cosi mi sbrigo.Con il pc che ti ritrovi non dovresti avere problemi a far girare DCS,infatti gira benino anche con pc piu' vecchi e meno costosi.Non ho capito una cosa pero:quanta memoria hai?Intendo dire la ram,cerca di metterne un po visto che hai un bel pc,io direi almeno 16 giga se no rischi di creare un collo di bottiglia.Prova per il momento a far girare il tutto con delle opzioni a basso livello e vedi se va meglio.Scarica tutti i programmi che servono per far girare bene la grafica,te ne elenco qualcuno che comunque dovrebbero essere presenti in window 10 tipo tutti i directx,i Framework e i Visual C ..sono tanti e non si sa mai che ti manchi qualcosa.Per essere sicuro istalla un altro gioco che e' di ultima generazione e che usa dx12 ,il gioco istallera anche tutti i file che servono che ti ho elencato.Io faccio sempre cosi quando formatto il mio pc perche il sistema operativo istallato di fresco non ha mai tutto.Verifica che non manchino driver di qualche tipo e come diceva prima Gladman fai la riparazione dei file di gioco,se manca qualcosa almeno verra' corretto.Io non sono uno sviluppatore ma gioco da parecchio e ti ho solo detto cosa farei io,spero ce la fai :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

Please let me know if you got your problems fix. I'm having the same problems.

did you tried the same as mentioned above?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Dear all

Many thanks for all your help and responses!!! I contacted the support Team too and after sending them my logfile and DXdiag. They ask me to plug my HDMI cabel from my 3.1 USB slot into the Titan GX Card directly!!

Lo and behold, almost everything is working now after I plugged the HDMI cabel into the titan!! I cant believe something small like this prevented me from enjoying the game! Furthermore, I must say that the other flights simulators like Aerofly FS 2 did not have this issues.

The only problem I have now is my throttle is like a second joystick.. Instead of increasing the speed, its pitches up or down and this leads me to crash... Anyway, this is a smaller problem as I can fly now.. Many thanks for your help once again. I appreciate it. I just need to fix my throttle and I will be good. Could anyone (someone flying with Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas help me out here please because to me everything seems normal, when I get into the options menu.:thumbup::)

Check your axis inside DCS controls page, im sure you have double assignaments on them

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Check out THIS GUIDE on steam Baby Dady (Click on Axis Commands).

DCS has a habit of assigning all the axis to all the axis for the aircraft, many would prefer DCS to bind none at all. Go to the control profile in options A-10C ? and then switch to axis using the next drop down tab at the top. Delete out unneeded axis assignments or clear the category and start again.

You can also now move the controller around and see where it's bound to when in the axis menu.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

@Blacknemisis : your DCS gets an access violation message while trying to load the map into RAM. It looks like a memory issue.

When I look at your Windows configuration, I see that your Page File Space is limited to 2.38 GB, when it should be the exact size of your physical RAM (16 GB). It seems that you messed up with this Windows setting.

I suggest you put the Page File back to its default size :

Windows Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Performance settings > Advanced tab > Change... > check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives", and apply the change.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Blacknemisis : your DCS gets an access violation message while trying to load the map into RAM. It looks like a memory issue.

When I look at your Windows configuration, I see that your Page File Space is limited to 2.38 GB, when it should be the exact size of your physical RAM (16 GB). It seems that you messed up with this Windows setting.

I suggest you put the Page File back to its default size :

Windows Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Performance settings > Advanced tab > Change... > check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives", and apply the change.

Let us know how it goes.

Tried it, it didn't work. It was already checked. So I unchecked it and check it over and hit apply.

Hi guyz

Once again, I want to thank you for your answers and help. I was able to set my joystick after watching "Ralfi's Idiot Guide to DCS Setting up Controls" on YouTube and yes I could fly an interception mission. I could fly, shoot, fire missiles and flares etc. That was fun. I tried to start a mission from the Darmag to the runway but I guess not knowing how to start the F15 jet killed my enthusiasms.

I wonder how long this is going to take me to learn the starting phase of any jet. Watching the videos on YouTube from guyz starting and flying made DCS seemed fun but I guess this is a stage everybody went through. However, Aerofly FS 2 seems very easy because there I don't have to start the jet, I just accelerate on the runaway and off I fly. Anyway, I bought this new computer and all these gadgets for DCS, so I don't really have a choice but to stay and learn. Who knows, maybe in 3 years I will become an ACE, even though at the moment I have only crashes :):).

How did you guyz learn how to start your jets? Are there any cheat functions, which will directly make my jet ready for take-off? Does someone maybe has notes he could share? Because it is not really helpful to always pause the game, get back into the options menu, check out the controls and then try to start the jet again. lol:pilotfly:

Thanks for all your endeavors and patience.

Best:lol:

Hi guyz

Once again, I want to thank you for your answers and help. I was able to set my joystick after watching "Ralfi's Idiot Guide to DCS Setting up Controls" on YouTube and yes I could fly an interception mission. I could fly, shoot, fire missiles and flares etc. That was fun. I tried to start a mission from the Darmag to the runway but I guess not knowing how to start the F15 jet killed my enthusiasms.

I wonder how long this is going to take me to learn the starting phase of any jet. Watching the videos on YouTube from guyz starting and flying made DCS seemed fun but I guess this is a stage everybody went through. However, Aerofly FS 2 seems very easy because there I don't have to start the jet, I just accelerate on the runaway and off I fly. Anyway, I bought this new computer and all these gadgets for DCS, so I don't really have a choice but to stay and learn. Who knows, maybe in 3 years I will become an ACE, even though at the moment I have only crashes :):).

How did you guyz learn how to start your jets? Are there any cheat functions, which will directly make my jet ready for take-off? Does someone maybe has notes he could share? Because it is not really helpful to always pause the game, get back into the options menu, check out the controls and then try to start the jet again. lol:pilotfly:

Thanks for all your endeavors and patience.

Best:lol:

With the greatest respect you need to spend allot of time in the sim, getting to know it, all these questions you have will come in time, just get used to the interface and key bindings and try different things! No big deal it takes a long time to get familiar with this sim, ease your way in!

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I wonder how long this is going to take me to learn the starting phase of any jet. Watching the videos on YouTube from guyz starting and flying made DCS seemed fun but I guess this is a stage everybody went through. However, Aerofly FS 2 seems very easy because there I don't have to start the jet, I just accelerate on the runaway and off I fly. Anyway, I bought this new computer and all these gadgets for DCS, so I don't really have a choice but to stay and learn. Who knows, maybe in 3 years I will become an ACE, even though at the moment I have only crashes .

How did you guyz learn how to start your jets? Are there any cheat functions, which will directly make my jet ready for take-off? Does someone maybe has notes he could share? Because it is not really helpful to always pause the game, get back into the options menu, check out the controls and then try to start the jet again.

Hey there! Welcome aboard.

For most DCS aircraft (except Flaming Cliffs 3 modules like the A-10A, F-15C, MiG-29, Su-27, Su-33) you can look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

It's basically a step-by-step walkthrough that you can have either printed out, or on a tablet or on your phone, This should help you figuring out what to know and in what order. We all went through that "oh my god what do all these switches do?" phase at some point. Don't let that intimidate you. It's perfectly normal; it's a steep learning curve. The key here is to NOT be afraid to ask questions around here in the forums. Even if you think it's a dumb question, ask it!

My advice for you is to concentrate on setting up your controls first, then how to start the aircraft, than how to takeoff and land... and only once you've got that stuff figured out THEN you can start learning about weapons, countermeasures, radar and all that fun stuff.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1292863/

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329617142

https://www.mudspike.com/dcs-f-15c-combat-guide-for-beginners/

No need to setup most keybindings if you have a warthog, it's super popular so there are profiles ready for most planes! I hope these keybindings work with the latest version though, I use a 16000fcs thrustmaster myself so can't confirm.

Take some notes on a paper from the steam community guide of the startup sequence, print out the reference guide of your joystick bindings or open it on another screen or alternative write down the keyboard commands.

Edited by illmind

Just as a side note: If you use Samsung Magician to manage your SSD and have optimized your OS with it, chances are the PageFile settings are not optimal for DCS.

Blame Samsung

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...