Detachment to Batumi campaign

fergrim

Has anyone tried this one?

I find myself stuck on the first mission, which has the simple requirement of flying from one airbase to Batumi and parking in the SE of the airfield near the line equipment.

Now I'm pretty sure I've done all of that, I even do all the radio calls to leave and when arriving at Batumi, but I keep being told mission failure after I finish.

Has anyone done this campaign or know what I might be doing wrong?

This is quite an old campaign fregrim, are you using this in DCS 2.5?

You might need to re-edit some of the missions for them to work in 2.5.

In the campaign file there is a hints text file:

1. The only requirement is to park where instructed at Batumi.

2. 1st Patrol

Pure pilotage here. Do your own navigation. Keep your head on a swivel. Use F2 to look around. Get close to the objectives to get scores that will allow you to progress to the next mission. If all else fails use F10. But, that's cheating.

If you know how to use the editor you could try and fix them or if you just want to fly the next mission, open each mission separately and fly them that way.

EDIT: From just a quick look at mission 1, like the tip above, make sure you land in the correct spot, it's not at the airport parking either, open it in the editor if you want to cheat. ;)

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You know what? I think that's it. I don't know what line equipment is, I just kept parking near where the Mil automatically lands each time.

But I've flown it from beginning to end so many times i think I will just look in the editor.

And yeah I've been playing it in 2.5, but the failure didn't seem to imply broken so much as me just not understanding where to park despite many many tries haha

• 2 weeks later...
You know what? I think that's it. I don't know what line equipment is, I just kept parking near where the Mil automatically lands each time.

Line equipment is loosely defined as any machines used to service or move aircraft. In BS, fuel, oil, APU and fire trucks are line equipment usually parked near control towers.

The briefing instructions state, "Park at the east end of the south ramp, near the line equipment parking and access road." Use your landing light to help you find the access road.

If you park just west of the access road you'll be in the trigger zone that will initiate a jeep to come down that road to pick you up, and also a fuel truck to arrive.:thumbup:

Dsobbe, author of Detachment to Batumi