Does having too many activated modules cause stutter?

WildBillKelsoe

So I have the following activated modules:

FC3,A-10C, AJS, Bf109, P-51D, F-5E, CA, Mi-8, UH-1, Mig-15.

There is a FPS drop when inside airbases sometimes reaching 15 FPS in some modules, like AJS. Outside airbases and flying high, this gets to 25 FPS. when moving to F3 view flyby, the plane acts normal, and on passing up close its ok too, just when rear aspect is shown (going away), the stutter occurs momentarily on ALL modules.

My question is, does having that much activated modules within Caucasus cause this? Shall I remove some modules that I dont regularly fly?

It has been long since I thought about a SSD. Is it easy to transfer 1.5 to it from C:/Program Files if I get one? Or should I uninstall it from the C then download it and install it on the SSD if I do get one? Shall I get a 128 GB or 256 GB SSD for DCS?

I am not sure if its hardware or software problem so I hope I posted it right where it belongs.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

1. The amount of installed modules does not affect game performance.

2. You just move the installation folder to the SSD drive

3. Get 256 GB (thrust me on this ;)

It would be nice if you have your specs in the signature (15 or 25 fps is like slideshow to me)

Let me know if you need more help to set DCS to perform more fps ;)

Take care,

Piotr.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

You cannot just transfer it from folder to folder because of StarForce. You should reinstall it.

Not true. Please check your sources cause you giving wrong advice :music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118796

3rd post. :D

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

First of all try to defragment DCS folder.

When you move the DCS folder to SSD drive don't even touch the defragmentation option - trust me on that too ;)

Piotr, thanks for the advice. As to my specs,

AMD FX8150

Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti OC 2Gb

8 Gigs of RAM

HDD 1TB

Win 7 Home Standard

TIR4 pro

TMWH

MFG Crosswind

Its important to know too, that I have no lag with F-5E or Belsimtek and ED modules, with the best running one being A-10C (no stutters at all), at least in airbase.

In air, as described above, with fly by view rear aspect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have my O/S on one SSD, and DCS on a separate. Both are 256GB's. Definitely want a min of 256GB's for DCS :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Piotr, thanks for the advice. As to my specs,

AMD FX8150

Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti OC 2Gb

8 Gigs of RAM

HDD 1TB

Win 7 Home Standard

TIR4 pro

TMWH

MFG Crosswind

Its important to know too, that I have no lag with F-5E or Belsimtek and ED modules, with the best running one being A-10C (no stutters at all), at least in airbase.

In air, as described above, with fly by view rear aspect.

Do you have heat blur on? That might be causing the rear view stutter. I would imagine that variations in frame rates between modules are more to do with the modules themselves, rather than your hardware (although that 650 Ti will no doubt be struggling, regardless of module).

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Why 256gb drives for dcs and opsys?

I started out with just one SSD (256GB) and a 1TB HDD. My O/S drive (c:), has some "legacy" installs on it. the 1TB HDD is used as my garbage drive.

Over time, I decided to get a second SSD. To dedicate this for DCS, (I have a production, alpha, and beta installs). I also felt from a performance perspective, it would best for the O/S to have it's own SSD, and my primary app (DCS) having a separate one.

Lastly, with the onset of buying a Rift, I purchased a 500GB SSD. I've dedicated this drive purely for all of the VR games I've picked up.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Do you have heat blur on? That might be causing the rear view stutter. I would imagine that variations in frame rates between modules are more to do with the modules themselves, rather than your hardware (although that 650 Ti will no doubt be struggling, regardless of module).

Yes I have heat blur on. Yes it does struggle, mainly now Mig-15 trying to slave magnetic compass causes lag in pressing and releasing the slaving button. I'm just waiting on the Ti to die on me so I invest in 1080 Ti (if there is one). However my monitor is 16:10, 1366*768 native resolution. If I take the 1080, definitely I'd get also TH2Go and split on three widescreen monitors.

Javelina, I will get the SSD for DCS only as all my other games including Arma 3, RoFICe, ETS2, SH3, SBPro (albeit also some stutter on that last one in loaded scenarios) function more or less adequately. Once I have the SSD I shall report here if the stutter is gone under current settings.

Why would you still go with a TH2GO with your future 1080 in 2017/18? All AMD/NVIDIA Cards support Eyefinity / Surround, which gives you the ability to have 3 Screens as one big screen without any additional hardware?

DCS is sadly, like Arma, pretty much running only on a single core. So Multi-Core Performance is irrelevant.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you still go with a TH2GO with your future 1080 in 2017/18? All AMD/NVIDIA Cards support Eyefinity / Surround, which gives you the ability to have 3 Screens as one big screen without any additional hardware?

DCS is sadly, like Arma, pretty much running only on a single core. So Multi-Core Performance is irrelevant.

I did not know that. Thing is the connectivity could not be possible if I am using three 1366x768 monitos side by side connected by VGA. I never seen three VGA ports on a 1080.