Mission Three Issues

Cool Breeze

Hello gents,

I'm having some issues with mission three, it seems like I'm missing a trigger, not flying to the right area, or not staying close enough to the SU-24s.

So far I've flown the mission five different ways and can't seem to get past where Magic tells you to "wait one" after you have arrived at way-point two.

In each of my flights the Fencers fly straight for Vaziani and begin dropping bombs.

What I've tried so far:

-flown straight at the Fencers from WP 1 and 2, maintained lock on at least one of the baddies all the way in, and forced all of them to drop their ordinance. They regroup and continue for Vaziani.

-orbit at way-point two at 20,000 while the Fencers continue for Vaziani, locking them up as I orbit towards them.

-fly the route to way-point three then turn in behind the Fencer flight locking them up and trailing them to Vaziani.

Anyone else have any success on this mission, where am I going astray?

Thanks for the help

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Hi CoolBreeze....unfortunately there is an issue with the Fencers' behavior that popped up in the patch accompanying the campaign's release.

The boring details:

The issue has arisen due to an apparent shift in priority in target sorting for AI; prior to release, the default CAS tasking would cause them to defend themselves but not prioritize other targets over their specifically designated ones unless directly threatened. Unfortunately this changed at some point shortly prior to release and we didn't catch it in time. So the Fencers, rather than following their designated mission, are detecting the RADAR emissions at Tbilisi and going after the emitter.

We have submitted a corrected version (along with several other small fixes to documents) to ED and it will be available next DCS patch!

In the meantime, I'd recommend skipping mission 3; you can find instructions for how to do so here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192694

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by feefifofum