[WIP]FCS BIT problem

duesensegler

I've been trying to figure it out for months. The other day had Bit test not initiate and stick input was ineffective after shut down and restart on the stennis. Was playing with stuff, unfolded the wings and the BIT test ran as usual after the wings unfolded. Going to try again maybe tomorrow night. I always set parking break 1st thing after coming to a stop so I know that wasn't the issue. Ever since I got the hornet I figured I was shutting it down wrong. What I am unsure of is weather or not NWS is actuated on the restart. Will have to pay closer attention to it next time. Also had INS ATT caution message after restart on left DDI. I have no clue what that means or what to do about it either. Also Standby Attitude Reference Indicator would not uncage after restart.

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

• ED Team

Hi

I have spoken to the team, some aspects of the FCS bit test are still W.I.P

They will address this issue in a future patch.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So has anyone confirmed what causes the problem, how to avoid it? I encountered it when I was rapidly shutting down engines without reversing every step on the startup in order, and also changing the loadout. Not sure what triggered the issue, but maybe something to do a hydraulic failure? I tried meticulously shutting down the jet, and restarting and that seemed to work just fine with the FCS test giving a "GO" reading on BIT page before testing rather than the "RESTRT" Error message that just leads to the LEF control surface failure that I experienced when the BIT test failed.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is still an issue.  If shutdown procedure is so important, why can't I find one that works.  Manual doesn't have a shutdown procedure listed.  All I want to do is practice a situation over and over and I can't because I have to reload mission every time.  It is very annoying.

• 2 years later...