Upgraded Mig-29

Guest Guest

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is, its the very first line in the notes. I looked at the fc3 notes first too and missed it.

No, I mean separate module to purchase - not just FC3 PFM update.

For those that do not own Flaming Cliffs 3, we will also make it available as a separate purchase.

Well, could the people who already tried the MiG-29's PFM, be so kind and clarify my doubt please, (as my current PC isn't very stable with DCS 2.5 yet, so I'm with 1.5).

Does the damn thing (MiG-29) has a better instantaneous / sustained turn rate now ?

Does it bleed speed as fast as before when turning ?

Is nose pointing authority better now ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Well, could the people who already tried the MiG-29's PFM, be so kind and clarify my doubt please, (as my current PC isn't very stable with DCS 2.5 yet, so I'm with 1.5).

Does the damn thing (MiG-29) has a better instantaneous / sustained turn rate now ?

Does it bleed speed as fast as before when turning ?

Is nose pointing authority better now ?

Thank you.

Definitely YES!, now it has much more power and feels much more realistic. However, the pitch behaviour feels odd to me...its EXTREMELY sensitive so if you slightly touch the stick there is a point in the first degrees of deflection at which the plane makes crazy pitch up suddent movements...that would be very dangerous irl imo so not sure what Im doing wrong if anything...

About the speedbrake yeah, I forget about the center line tank, now its working however, the keybindings for the airbrake werent working for any plane (F-18, Su-27, Mig-29...) until I restarted PC and rebind...odd.

Take a look at my MODS here

The aircraft also has a nasty tendency to bounce when the nose gear touches if not on speed. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

But I would second the fact that it seems very sensitive, especially in pitch.

Doesn't take much power at all to start rolling on the taxiway though. She has power. And Hornets will have something to fear in a knife fight.

Can confirm that the speedbrakes do not deploy with a centerline tank installed, and when the landing gear is down, or being lowered, then the speedbrake goes back in again.

You can really jink the nose on it now (not sure that was possible before), and just add a lot of AOA in a split second.

At low speed its super sensitive in pitch and roll, but as speed builds up, it settles down.

Noticed a lot of Autopilot functions in the controls, didnt try any of them, but one was called damper. Cant remember if something we had before, or if this is new, and if that would be something to use for normal flight?

I have a really big throttle deadzone though, before the throttle detent. It reaches 100% rpm at like 75% mill travel, and after that just nothing, until I push it trough the detent, then the afterburners kick in.

Just a few findings with some initial quick flying, and control setup.

A lot more flying scheduled for tonight :).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Two things i noticed :

1 "New Instant Action missions for MiG-29A and MiG-29S on Caucasus." i cant find those because they are simply not there.

2 The new cockpit looks weird. Even though i really appreciate all the hard work from ED i think the cockpit looks really ugly. TBH i expected higher quality textures and scratches etc this looks like something done fast and without alot of effort. But that is just my opinion.

Love the new flightmodel ! good job.

g8PjVMw.png

Thank you everyone for your insight.

Regarding the Fulcrum turning capabilities, what do you feel when dogfighting other aircraft, does it feel easier to get on their 6 o-clock and follow them through tight corners ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

PLease pleople tell me, did they fix the RWR range lights? And the ADI and HSI background lights?

Didnt pay attention to the HSI and ADI, but RWR was nice and clear. No issues seeing the lights.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Definitely YES!, now it has much more power and feels much more realistic. However, the pitch behaviour feels odd to me...its EXTREMELY sensitive so if you slightly touch the stick there is a point in the first degrees of deflection at which the plane makes crazy pitch up suddent movements...that would be very dangerous irl imo so not sure what Im doing wrong if anything...

It's weird: If you fully deflect the stick aft and the AOA warning does not sound the stick behaves like in the Su-27 if someone fully pulls aft and then makes short button presses of the brakes(bypassing of G-limiter) if the AOA warning beeps this behavior ceases... look at the joystick indication

Edit: maybe most clear at 1:00 in the video. I dont move the stick at all just deflect it fully aft...

Edited by DerNeueMensch

The PFM is outstanding. Very well done ED.

The picht behaviour is i think because our short sticks. If any of you have a longer stick then you will feel the pitch a lot different, much less sensitive. For short sticks you must be gentle when moving it.

On the other hand, the cockpit textures are really subpar. Very dissapointing. Its very clear if you compare the Hornet with the Fulcrum. Nothing in common about quality and good looking.

A pity.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The PFM is outstanding. Very well done ED.

The picht behaviour is i think because our short sticks. If any of you have a longer stick then you will feel the pitch a lot different, much less sensitive. For short sticks you must be gentle when moving it.

On the other hand, the cockpit textures are really subpar. Very dissapointing. Its very clear if you compare the Hornet with the Fulcrum. Nothing in common about quality and good looking.

A pity.

No, there is something else going on this is not it. My stick just has the right size