* DCS: F-14 Development Update! Scan, Lock, Fire! * - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #71
TomCatMucDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy114 View Post
Wow wow wow. Amazing work as Always heatblur.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
seriously? quoting the 2km long opening post?

--Finest Soviet Mig-21 Pilots --

TomCatMucDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #72
leesohaeng

take my money~!!!!!
leesohaeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #73
sc_neo

This baby will postpone the F/A-18 for me for quite some time. This looks really great! Its awesome that we can step through naval aviation in the correct order in the not too distant future. This i gonna be the next big DCS project for me and my brother....so i got my RIO already assigned!
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #74
Jester986

Thanks for the great update! If I could make a suggestion though... You might want to start tamping down 2017 expectations. It sounds like it may be a while until its ready. I'm happy to wait for quality but you know there will be riots if we don't hear about it until December 31st...

Last edited by Jester986; 11-20-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: stupidity
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #75
TomCatMucDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester986 View Post
Thanks for the great update! If I could make a suggestion though... You might want to start tamping down 2017 expectations. It sounds like it may be a while until its ready. I'm happy to wait for quality but you know there will be riots if we don't here about it until December 31st...
Fully agree. It was obvious to me that 2017 was never realistic even a year ago. We can have either quality or a rushed product. You can hardly have both.

--Finest Soviet Mig-21 Pilots --

TomCatMucDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #76
Bad Idea Hat

I'm going to admit that every time I see someone say that we shouldn't expect it in 2017, I think "I CAN'T WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR FOR THIS!"

TIL it's not still 2016. Stupid brain.
Bad Idea Hat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #77
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester986 View Post
Thanks for the great update! If I could make a suggestion though... You might want to start tamping down 2017 expectations. It sounds like it may be a while until its ready. I'm happy to wait for quality but you know there will be riots if we don't hear about it until December 31st...
I believe that is their intention with the "Road to Release" update that Cobra referenced in his OP...
Odyssey+ VR HMD | Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Extension by Sahaj + TM Warthog Grip | Custom JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2

On Order:
Pimax 5K+

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti @ 2.1ghz | i7-4790K @ 5.0ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #78
Kayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
I think the Harrier, hopefully a hornet and DCSW 2.5 delivery before the end of the year will carry us through well into next year.
I really doubt the Hornet and DCSW 2.5 will be this year.
I give it a 0% chance.

Can't wait for the F-14. Hopefully they will still manage to get it out to us in December
That would mean pre-sale really soon though so they are running out of time.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #79
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
I really doubt the Hornet and DCSW 2.5 will be this year.
Oh, I don't know about that ... considering the Hornet will be released in an incomplete, early-access state.

Anyway, nice update Heatblur.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #80
CheckGear

Two things stand out from this overview:

TCS: I thought the screenshots were of a TCS in use in the real world. It looks amazing and holds even more significance for me, given things I learned while reading a book I'm using for research for an article.

Apparently, the TCS wasn't available on all F-14s in every squadron, even well after its introduction into the fleet. In one squadron during a mid-1980s deployment, only three of twelve Tomcats had it. It goes to show you that the F-14 never really became "ultimate" until almost two decades after its introduction.

Jester AI: I think this will actually become the "killer app" of the module. We've had AI flight crew in the past, but never to the level of intelligence as Jester appears to be at. Ordering "it" to look in a particular direction, for instance - that's not just a sign of how much flight sims have become sophisticated, but also how advanced AI has become in general.

I was playing Fleet Defender a while back and, just seeing screenshots and reading previews for DCS: F-14 makes Fleet Defender look like a cheap survey sim. We've come a very long way in 23 years, baby!
CheckGear is offline   Reply With Quote